Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Tacks game

Quote:My impression of today's game and the season for that matter was summed up by one of the announcers (Sims I believe) who stated and I paraphrase: The Jaguars coaching staff refuses to alter their game plan to match the personnel they have and going with their strengths instead they stay with their philosophy even though they don't have the personnel to run it.

The best and most honest analogy I have heard yet when it comes to evaluating the Bradley philosophy of "trusting the process".  At this point in his tenure he needs to re-evaluate his thought process IMHO.

Sims didn't call our game.  I can't remember who, but Sims and Nantz are CBS' "game of the week" broadcast team and weren't doing our game.  It's possible I may have been out of the room when what you are paraphrasing above was said, but I don't remember hearing anything that specific or that scathing.  I do remember one of the announcers saying that the Jaguars are awfully predictable defensively in the red zone (still not a good evaluation).  Not disagreeing with that particular assessment, but the announcers for the most part weren't talking about the Jaguars team or the players like they did any homework or that their opinion should be considered 'expert'.  I'd hesitate to hold anything they said up as gospel whether I agree with it or not.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seriously guys, how often do FAs REALLY work out? I think we all collectively put too much importance on big name free agents, when the best results are almost always moderate players who fit a scheme extremely well and didn't fit with their old teams scheme. I would like to see drafted players take the cake on the D, but we really can't expect good performances for a year or two with draftees. Our D is far away with the current scheme. I don't doubt that changing scheme would help out a lot more immediately.

I agree with this sentiment in general, but we don't need to be dominant on defense by next year.  All we need to be is better than we are this year and I think that is possible whether that's with a couple of solid 2nd tier free agents or maybe just maybe Fowler is who we hope he is and/or a rookie emerges in his first year for us.  If our defense and kicking game are marginally better this year, we'd be at least 6 and 6 right now.  If Blake and the offense were able to avoid the gaffes at critical moments that have plagued them this year (pick 6's, INTs deep in our own territory, fumbles or high snaps for defensive TDs, etc), we'd be better than 6 wins right now and looking at a division title.  Assuming this young offense matures and makes less of those mistakes and the Defense gets even marginally better (specifically on pressuring the QB), we'll be in contention for the division next year.

JM,, they were talking about Chris Simms (Phil Simms' son). Chris did call the game yesterday.

Anyway, to your posts, I agree.