Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From The Chargers Game

Quote:This refusal to run the ball is so weird. People act like our running game is really bad... but Yeldon is averaging 4 YPC. Denard is averaging 4 YPC. That's middle of the pack. Surely not to the point where you'd abandon the run completely and pass it 50 times a game like they've been doing. This running game can be decent, they were playing the worst run D in the NFL, and they called 12 run plays... I don't get it. 
Me either, dude.

DewT indicated that Olsen has proven to be disinclined to run.  I haven't researched that to know if it's true or if true, why, but I take that at face value.  The way the games are being called, it sure seems that way.  I don't get it, either.  I don't know if the team has any faith in this team's ability to line up and run the ball.  I know one of Yeldon's big runs early was from a spread formation.  But why no conventional running plays...I don't know.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 08:50 PM by Section105Fan.)

When the Jags shut down efforts to establish a running game, San Diego rushed 3 and dropped 8 into coverage.

The Jags never made an adjustment.

That's on both our QB as well as our coaches. The game was never so far out of reach that we couldn't have increased the mix of runs. Hard to move the ball consistently with 8 covering 4 or 5 receivers.

Makes one wonder if the Jags could have dropped 8.........we weren't getting a pass rush anyway, with 4 rushers.

We don't know the game plan and how much Blake is allowed to change or pick from on an audible.  It "looked" like he changed somethings but honestly I don't think he is free to change the plays in this offense.  That might be a case of slowing the game down.  He does look like he is translating film study onto the field but do you question coaching at this point?

We aren't inside the meetings so it is really hard for me to think in terms of what they are teaching during the week.  Honestly my opinion is the game plan and inability to adjust are a product of the coaching more than the players.  The season will bear it out.  If the owner and front office believes it is a player development issue they might stay with the coaches.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:We don't know the game plan and how much Blake is allowed to change or pick from on an audible.  It "looked" like he changed somethings but honestly I don't think he is free to change the plays in this offense.  That might be a case of slowing the game down.  He does look like he is translating film study onto the field but do you question coaching at this point?

We aren't inside the meetings so it is really hard for me to think in terms of what they are teaching during the week.  Honestly my opinion is the game plan and inability to adjust are a product of the coaching more than the players.  The season will bear it out.  If the owner and front office believes it is a player development issue they might stay with the coaches.

Based on comments from Bradley Bortles is certainly allowed to change plays at the line. Bradley was being nice about it but indicated that Bortles changed some planned runs to pass plays. It's a learning process.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Based on comments from Bradley Bortles is certainly allowed to change plays at the line. Bradley was being nice about it but indicated that Bortles changed some planned runs to pass plays. It's a learning process.

Thanks for the update.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hopefully one thing the people in charge have realized, they should start running Thomas North and South a whole lot more. I've seen just about enough of these 3 yard routes running towards the sideline for Thomas. Get that big guy running downhill and he can straight run away from guys.