Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you approve of GM Dave Caldwell's performance?
Yes
No
Corn #3
[Show Results]

How would you rate GM Dave Caldwells performance so far?

2013 was one of the worst drafts of all time so Ill easily give him a pass for that. Its a miracle Joeckel is atleast average now instead of full bust. Cyp is one of the most frustrating average skill level players Ive ever watched. 

2014 could go down as our best class in team history. It will define the Jaguars for years to come. 

2015...injuries...injuries...injuries..Its almost as if we didnt have any picks at this moment besides Yeldon/Cann

2016. I predict a linemen will be our pick. 

Overall, Caldwell deserves another contract and a solid B

Can't wait to see whats next. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Calwell drafting? A

In free agency? C-... A lot of misses : bryant, clemmons, gerhart, myers, dekoda watson, ziggy hood
"it's only smellz"

- Rocco Siffredi

(This post was last modified: 12-09-2015, 05:48 AM by BritishJag.)

Bryant was fine for a year. Clemons should have been replaced in the offseason though. Watson and Hood were just low cost role players.

I agree with Myers - I can see why they signed him, he's got a huge leg but his missing XP's is awful. Gerhart I agree with too, he hasn't shown anything aside from maybe 4 runs in 2 seasons. 

Ryan O had a article about how bad the FA class was of 2014...

Didn't realize... but 2015 isn't GREAT (albeit better than 2014 clearly)

But that 2014 draft

and the possibilities of the 2015 draft....

He's a better drafter than FA guy... but I think that has been because he is drafting the best players he can at his spots... but trying to sign specific FA guys to fill a need on O or D for specific schemes.

Toby and Zane, were for the ZBS running crap.

Dekoda was signed for OTTO, same with Skuts....

reaching for straws at S.

the ex Seattle guys....

nothing has been really great in FA for us (maybe Thomas/House from this FA class eventually, Marks/Miller were big hits on his first FA class.)

I'm pleased with his overall performance as GM... and wonder if Fisch and Bradley schemes have/are possibly holding Dave back in free agency?

Quote:2013 was one of the worst drafts of all time so Ill easily give him a pass for that. Its a miracle Joeckel is atleast average now instead of full bust. Cyp is one of the most frustrating average skill level players Ive ever watched. 

2014 could go down as our best class in team history. It will define the Jaguars for years to come. 

2015...injuries...injuries...injuries..Its almost as if we didnt have any picks at this moment besides Yeldon/Cann

2016. I predict a linemen will be our pick. 

Overall, Caldwell deserves another contract and a solid B
2013: Draft was underwhelming to say the least, but free agency class was pretty good. Marks and Miller are key. Ball and Blackmon were decent stop gaps. Hayes was OK. Harbor still around, might be a good piece.

2014: Draft was phenomenal. Plus Hurnsy UDFA. Free Agency however was a big hit. Red and Clem were one year stop gaps, we held onto Clem out of necessity....Beadles and Gerhart were misses, This is the year that Caldwell got a 6th for Gabbert (who doesn't look horrible in SF, but still a great move at the time)

2015: Draft was solid. We don't know what we have in Fowler yet, but he should be a great pass rushing end for a long time. Yeldon is going to be Bortles' back for a long time. Cann is playing well and will be starting in one guard spot next season. Greene looks to be a special player. Sample (IR) and Bennett and the other late round guys should be good rotation and depth. (Maybe Sample ends up starting... we'll see)

Free agency? Well, it is early but it was a pretty solid class. House has been a bright spot on an otherwise dim D. Odrick may be over paid but he is a solid big end. The position has been upgraded from AluAlu/Red.... Thomas looked like a miss but now looks like a hit. Maybe not a home run, but a solid double. Brown has been meh and and Wiz was an upgrade over L-Bo but could be upgraded again this offseason. But no clear "misses" on this FA class like the last one....

Seems impossible to be a 100% GM in drafting and free agency....

but imo it seems Caldwell is at least hitting 80%

and he isn't missing on big money contracts terribly and he isn't missing huge on 1st rounders (I know Joker isn't great but outside of Ansah, I'm not sure there was a better pick in the top 10; and Fowler's injury has prevented us from seeing him yet, but Caldwell has no head scratching Gabbert or AluAlu picks...)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!