Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tony Boselli is semifinalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame

There's no reason Kevin Greene and Brett Favre shouldn't be two of the people inducted next. 

After them, it's just a bunch of people that are pretty hard to pick from. 

I think Boselli is better than most tackles that are already in but I understand the argument for keeping him out. Boselli should make it since he was that good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:There's no reason Kevin Greene and Brett Favre shouldn't be two of the people inducted next. 

I think Boselli is better than most tackles that are already in but I understand the argument for keeping him out. Boselli should make it since he was that good.

Brett Favre should be the first inductee to get a yellow jacket. The list is "Favre and eveyrone else." I can't wait to see his number retired tomorrow night.

It would be like inducting two Packers even though Kevin Greene never played for them because he currently is Green Bay's linebackers coach. Does anyone else feel that way?

Favre, Greene and Atwater are locks in my eyes.

Quote:If they always went by which team a player was on last, Tony Boselli would get in as a Texan. Think about that for a minute.

I think your clock is the only one around here that ticks backwards..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:If they always went by which team a player was on last, Tony Boselli would get in as a Texan. Think about that for a minute.

Wrong again...

He signed a one day contract with the Jaguars and then retired as a Jaguar. All the game film they show will be of him with the Jaguars. I'm guessing he just meant he'd represent the Texans as well, but I doubt he meant over the Jaguars.

'02

Quote:Wrong again...

He signed a one day contract with the Jaguars and then retired as a Jaguar. All the game film they show will be of him with the Jaguars. I'm guessing he just meant he'd represent the Texans as well, but I doubt he meant over the Jaguars.

I wish I knew about the one-day contract. Somehow i never saw that reported.

Quote:Wrong again...

Well, since he never played a single down as a Texan, I'm guessing all the game film will indeed be as a Jaguar.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

Quote:I wish I knew about the one-day contract. Somehow i never saw that reported.

More than likely would have had no effect.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Well, since he never played a single down as a Texan, I'm guessing all the game film will indeed be as a Jaguar.

Exactly.

'02

Quote:Boselli has said he'll represent the Texans in the HoF if he makes it.

Where did you read this? Knowing he currently works with the Jaguars media on occasion, that his name is on the Jaguars wall, that he retired as a Jaguar, and that every down he played on the field was as a Jaguars player, I have to think such a comment was only meant to say he'd recognize the Texans also.  I can't find any sign of him suggesting he'd rep the Texans over the Jaguars. On his Twitter I only see comments like this where he thanks tweets talking about himj as Jaguars player without correcting them...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Tony Boselli ‏@<b>TonyBoselli</b> Nov 24

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Tony Boselli Retweeted Michael DiRocco

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Thank you sir.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Tony Boselli added,

<div>
<div>
<div>
<div>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"><b>Michael DiRocco</b> <span> <span>@ESPNdirocco </span> </span>

<div style="margin-left:40px;">Congrats to <a>@<b>TonyBoselli</b></a> for being named a semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Former Jaguars great finally getting attention.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
'02

Very happy and proud for good ol' #71. I hope he's the first Jaguar in. He deserves it. You can talk of longevity all you want. I prefer quality over quantity. Boselli was the most dominant LT in the NFL for half a decade and that can be confidently said without hesitating.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It sure would be nice to see Tony get up on stage and start crying and telling the world how great of a place Jacksonville is.

And how we have pools.

[Image: 200.gif]

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:There's no reason Kevin Greene and Brett Favre shouldn't be two of the people inducted next. 

Greene deserves it. I was surprised to read that he is third all time on the sacks list. 

;

;

Quote:Boselli and Searcy had that nasty streak that has been missing from our tackles since...um...Boselli and Searcy.

Quote:Not true. We've had some guys with nasty streak. They just lack the talent to combine that with.

Quote:And they were?

Quote:Khalif Barnes.

I was just thinking the same thing.  Khalif Barnes popped up in my head immediately, but he wasn't a very good in pass protection.  Mean though, on and off the field.