Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Keys to beating the Chargers

Quote:"Andre Branch must continue to terrorize qbs"....? When did this ever happen except once in a blue moon?

Aren't you a clots fan?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:We don't get much pressure on the passer this year.   So the question is, do we blitz more.   Because if we don't blitz, an elite QB like Rivers will pick us apart.   Unfortunately, if we do blitz, an elite QB like Rivers knows where to go with the ball, and he will still pick us apart.   So we can look forward to Rivers picking us apart no matter what we do. 

Therefore, the key to winning the game is our offense.   We need a good day offensively to win this game.   We've got weapons, but a lot of them we haven't even used yet, like Lee and Thomas and Rashad Greene.    We need to get all our weapons involved.  

If Blake has a good game, we will win.   If not, Rivers will pick us apart all day.  
I'm inclined to agree with you about this. Rivers is undeniably an elite level quarterback... an experienced one too. With that given, I just don't see us being able to stop their offense; slow them down... perhaps a little bit, but outright shut them down? Not. So it's really going to be up to our offense to try to outscore them. In the past, I would have laughed at this prospect as ludicrous, but not so much now. IF... we can have a good day on offense and IF our defense is able to slow down the charger offense at least a little bit, we have a chance.

But once again, I fear our greatest challenge will be avoiding 'shooting ourselves in the foot.' IF we can avoid that sort of self inflicted damage, maybe we have a better than average chance of another win. 

Chargers are going to be without 2 of their starting OLine. One of them is the starting LT.

We should be able to get some good pressure. Put them in 3rd and long. Cover TEs and Woodhead. Let's go.

Quote:The Chargers are weak in run defense. It's time for Yeldon to break out for 125+ yards . This will also help us dominate time of possession, keeping Rivers off the field.

Bortles is a gunslinger, a la Brett Favre. He takes chances......makes foolish decisions at times. Sometimes they work, sometimes they result in turnovers that cost us the game. Knowing "when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em" comes with experience. Let's hope he improves in this area.

^^These two items are the key to winning a game that should be won against this Chargers team. I completely agree with you.

- Chargers defense is not good. Jags need ball-control/clock-running drives that keeps Rivers on the sidelines often, and limits his number of possessions.

-Bortles is an aggressive gun-slinger. But this game he just needs to be smarter in some situations. Keep drives moving. Keep grinding the clock. Don't give the ball back to Rivers by way of foolish INTs in Jags territory,, especially in the 4th qtr. If he doesn't turn the ball over late,, and manages to keep drives moving,, the Jags should be able to win this one pretty easily.

If Bortles gives up some bone-headed turnovers (pick-6 / INT deep in Jags territory / or another late 4th qtr INT),, Rivers and the Chargers will be kept close in the game, and will likely make the Jags pay.

Jags just need to be smart,, and keep possesion time.

Quote:What is your plan for doing that?

Score more points than the other team.

Quote:I'm inclined to agree with you about this. Rivers is undeniably an elite level quarterback... an experienced one too. With that given, I just don't see us being able to stop their offense; slow them down... perhaps a little bit, but outright shut them down? Not. So it's really going to be up to our offense to try to outscore them. In the past, I would have laughed at this prospect as ludicrous, but not so much now. IF... we can have a good day on offense and IF our defense is able to slow down the charger offense at least a little bit, we have a chance.

But once again, I fear our greatest challenge will be avoiding 'shooting ourselves in the foot.' IF we can avoid that sort of self inflicted damage, maybe we have a better than average chance of another win.

So sensational

Yank writing

It's just football

They are obviously not good this year

2-8

Flacco is near elite too, with a ring

Jags will be fine

Agreed on last point and think it is the key; avoid self inflicted wounds, run more purposely, control ball, feed off crowd, get your W

Keep it moving

Go Jags
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

http://youtu.be/QTiFRa70m48

This is the key to winning tomorrow.

Yeldon needs to have a good game.

We are going to have to be ahead.  We have been terrible with clock management.  If we can get ahead and stay that way.  We will have a chance.  If playing from behind.  Stick a fork in the game.   Until gus proves otherwise.  We have not been good with clock management. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Redzone execution AND win the turnover battle. If we do both I think we win.

Blake breaks out of his 'slump' to keep the win streak going.

Defense may have turned the corner and put together another under 20 point game. Rivers has a very banged up Gates to throw to and there is only one Gratz on the field at a time. He'll get his numbers but I think we can win this game bc our defense can slow down their offense and our offense may take advantage of their d.

Quote:Bortles is a gunslinger, a la Brett Favre. He takes chances......makes foolish decisions at times. Sometimes they work, sometimes they result in turnovers that cost us the game. Knowing "when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em" comes with experience. Let's hope he improves in this area.

Field position will be very important this week. We can't give Rivers a short field to operate in. He will pile up the points if we allow him to operate on our side of the 50 all day. We need to make him drive 80+ yards, which increases the chances for a turnover.

I predict a close, high scoring game..........Jags 31. Chargers 27.

I'm hoping House has another multi-interception day.

Interesting score, although I was thinking more like Jags 27 Chargers 17.

'02

Quote:Aren't you a clots fan?
No. Why would you think that?

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2015, 09:53 AM by StitchJones.)

Quote:So sensational
Yank writing

It's just football

They are obviously not good this year

2-8

Flacco is near elite too, with a ring

Jags will be fine

Agreed on last point and think it is the key; avoid self inflicted wounds, run more purposely, control ball, feed off crowd, get your W

Keep it moving

Go Jags
the US and UK... two nations separated by a common language.

The Chargers will drive up and down the field... I just don't think we have the pass rush to fluster Rivers. Key is, make them kick FGs instead of scoring TDs. And run the ball well to keep Rivers off the field.
No commercial messages in sigs