Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can the Jags make it 3 wins in a row?

Quote:This game will be alot tougher than people think. Rivers would make no name receivers look good.
exactly.

I would say...Rivers will make no name receivers look good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This game will be alot tougher than people think. Rivers would make no name receivers look good.
Rivers has a 100.7 QB rating on the year and the team is 2-7. That's how good Rivers is, or from another perspective; that's how bad the rest of the team is.

No, I think everyone knows this will be tougher than our last two wins, but that's for keeping it "real"

Every game we lost to Rivers, we gave him all day to throw. He can make inferior WRs look good if we do not get pressure on him.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Everybody talks about the Chargers, but what about the Jags. Jags are their own worst enemies.

No stupid mistakes and no stupid coaching would be great for once.

Rivers is gonna pick us apart

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 10:45 AM by StitchJones.)

Quote:Everybody talks about the Chargers, but what about the Jags. Jags are their own worst enemies.

No stupid mistakes and no stupid coaching would be great for once.
Most of the time, not always, but most of the time the Jags really are their own worst enemy. That being said, sometimes it's hard to distinguish what was a 'stupid mistake' made by a player and what is the result of 'stupid coaching'. I suppose the two sometimes merge also...still, I think it's possible the Jags could pull a win out of this game;

*we have home field 'advantage'

*the chargers have to deal with the coast to coast time change, we don't

*the chargers are pretty beat up right now

*we're building a little momentum following a big TNF win against a division rival

*we have an extra long week to prepare as a result of the TNF game

On the other hand, Philip Rivers is never to be taken lightly. He has repeatedly 'lit up' the Jags with ease. The main reason for that being (apart from his being an elite level quarterback) is that we allow so much time in the pocket for him as a result of having little to no rush at all. We're not going to be able to significantly change our d-line at this point, so the defensive coordinator is going to probably need to commit to using something other than the standard 4 man package that we've seen the last three years. It just isn't getting the job done. 

While I think that our offense is showing signs of improvement, I'm not convinced yet that we are presently able to out score the chargers in a head-to-head offensive game. Rivers is on a whole different level than Bortles as far as his QB skills is concerned. We might have an edge as far as our receivers are concerned, but that is negated by our under performing offensive line, particularly the left side.

So in many respects this is a winnable game; but by the same token, we have a long history of succumbing to 'Barney Phiff Syndrome' at the worst possible times. We'll see...  

Rivers is amazing with proper time in the pocket and he'll get more than enough against us.

I'm very much expecting Rivers to be near perfect against us. The problem is we need to answer back with points of our own.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Gates is the one who usually burns us. Prob Woodhead too.

<b>We Believe In Victory..</b>

Quote:Gates is the one who usually burns us. Prob Woodhead too.

Yup, we gotta focus in on gates.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2015, 03:26 PM by Marvsin.)

Blake needs to play better than he has in the last 2 games if we have any chance

We need lots of creative blitzes.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

After watching Delanie Walked go over 100 yards against up, I expect Gates to go over 150 yards. He will score atleast twice.

Quote:After watching Delanie Walked go over 100 yards against up, I expect Gates to go over 150 yards. He will score atleast twice.
Walker is better than Gates at this point, and Walker didn't do crap in the 2nd half. Doesn't even hit 90 if not for a very lucky tip, as well.

Quote:I did not know Allen was out. Well that's great.

He was put on IR a few weeks ago with a bruised kidney. I will never understand why Andrew Luck is still on the active roster because of that.

Quote:This game will be a lot tougher than people think. Rivers would make no name receivers look good.

People have no idea what they are talking about. They seem to think Keenan Allen is the only good receiver on that team, which does not make any sense because they still have Antonio Gates.

Quote:Gates is the one who usually burns us. Probably Woodhead too.

Last year we all learned McCray is better than Gratz during the Chargers game. McCray nearly shut down Gates after Gratz went out with a concussion. Gratz did not get the starting job back. Unfortunately I am afraid that will not happen again because Rivers is missing several wide receivers, but Colvin has been playing well this season.

Woodhead will burn us too, but not nearly as bad as Rivers.

Colts      5-5 Div (3-0)

Texans   5-5 Div (2-1)

Jaguars 4-6 Div (1-2)

Titans    2-8 Div (0-3)

While the Jaguars have taken steps to get closer they are still far away (sadly due to both the Colts & Texans winning this week).  The Jaguars must win out that is the best hope of going to the playoffs.