Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Joeckel has allowed 1 sack this year

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2015, 10:00 AM by David4499.)

1 sack and 99 QB pressures still comes in way over par.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Last night was as much due to horrible recognition of the who was blitzing and adjusting the protection as it was due to any specific offensive lineman. 

Quote:Last night was as much due to horrible recognition of the who was blitzing and adjusting the protection as it was due to any specific offensive lineman.
Which is on Bortles and Wiz. If Bortles is audibling, he isn't doing a very good job. Just something he needs to improve at
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:We need LT and LG. Dave will have a lot of work next summer.

Once Linder returns the Guard positions are set IMO.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Joeckel isn't the answer, hes improved from last year but hes still pretty bad. Soft as cotton too.

Someone who has dissapointed me in giving up sacks is Yeldon. I know a running back isn't suppose to be the most effective pass blocker but it seems like he is straight up lost at times.
Taking it to the top of the Modis building.  

Quote:We need LT and LG. Dave will have a lot of work next summer.

Linder and Cann are the guards. Pretty simple.

Quote:Joeckel isn't the answer, hes improved from last year but hes still pretty bad. Soft as cotton too.

How many LT's have you watched as closely as Joeckel?

Quote:Someone who has dissapointed me in giving up sacks is Yeldon. I know a running back isn't suppose to be the most effective pass blocker but it seems like he is straight up lost at times.
When three guys are running free at the QB, it's hard to decide which rushers not to block.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Yeldon was poor pass blocking on Thurs but that's mainly due to our line and the fact he's a rookie. Been pretty solid in blitz pick up the rest of the games.

He is having his best year so far as far as I can tell.  I think there are people who pretend to be experts in the nuances of OL play and the true fact is most of us aren't.  We can see the obvious though and from that standpoint he is playing much better than he has in previous seasons.  About time.  He may even develop into a decent LT.  Needs to improve at run blocking for quite a bit.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I think the team should bring in a veteran free agent (Donald Penn preferrably. He's 32 so he won't command a big long-term contract, but has still played well this season), and a draft pick in the 3-5 round range to compete with Joekel. He's average at best IMO. Can he take another step next season? Yes, but I wouldn't just hand him the starting job.

He's the guy going forward.

He is much better than given credit for, compared to the rest of the league-people don't get that guys like Tyron Smith give up sacks and commits their share of penalties (take a gander at ol' Monroe, btw)

LJ is progressing, and there is less than a guarantee that any of tackles coming out are near where he is now, especially considering the level of OT's coming out.

Quote:1 sack and 99 QB pressures still comes in way over par.

99 pressures and a sack is one?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Yeldon was poor pass blocking on Thurs but that's mainly due to our line and the fact he's a rookie. Been pretty solid in blitz pick up the rest of the games.

Yeah, that one in particular was bad where he missed the twist/stunt/delay inside.

Quote:I think the team should bring in a veteran free agent (Donald Penn preferrably. He's 32 so he won't command a big long-term contract, but has still played well this season), and a draft pick in the 3-5 round range to compete with Joekel. He's average at best IMO. Can he take another step next season? Yes, but I wouldn't just hand him the starting job.

That seems very reasonable, and like what was to happen regardless of how well/poorly he played this season.  All on board with that.