Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade deadline

Quote:"The coaches can only do so much."  Laughing ​  That's the best excuse you've got? 

There's a rumor going  around the NFL that not all coaches are equal.  Some are even said to be better than others at motivating their players.  Now, if this theory is true, it's possible another coach could achieve a higher level of performance out of the same group of players.  I hope I'm not going to fast for you to follow.

But... but Vic told me it was players, not plays  :turned:

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But... but Vic told me it was players, not plays  :turned:
I don't think you understand this.  He wasn't saying coaches don't matter, he was referring to fans constant whining about play calling.  It basically means players executing the plays are much more important than the play that was called.  Vic understands the importance of coaching.

Quote:#motivation

Remember that's why the Phins did so well after Philbin was fired.

They were motivated by the new coach (and the firing of coaches)

thats why the ran train on the tinhorns and tacks....

and then lost all motivation when playing the Pats, apparently.

I don't see the problem with this team being a lack of motivation.  Clearly you disagree.  Point out where the team has simply quit because they weren't properly motivated.

Quote:"The coaches can only do so much."  Laughing ​  That's the best excuse you've got? 

There's a rumor going  around the NFL that not all coaches are equal.  Some are even said to be better than others at motivating their players.  Now, if this theory is true, it's possible another coach could achieve a higher level of performance out of the same group of players.  I hope I'm not going to fast for you to follow.

I hope and pray for a win in every single game, even pre-season.

PS   Coaching my son's Little League team was exactly like coaching the Jaguars; it didn't matter if we won or lost, the players all got ice cream after every game (with multi-colored, candy flavored particles scattered across the top). 

Ah, ice cream jokes.  The dying gasp of someone without a point.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]