Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This just in - we lead the NFL in Cap Space..

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 11:33 AM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Gotta be 3 years I believe
Since Hurns wasn't drafted they can resign him at anytime I think. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pass rusher, pass rusher, pass rusher.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Pass rusher, pass rusher, pass rusher.
Defense, defense, defense.

Other than Marks, Telvin, and Colvin, everyone else is replaceable. Hopefully, Fowler becomes a core player. Would love to draft another DE, allowing Fowler to rush from OTTO, or inside like Davis in the lightning package.

And plus, we still need safeties.
No commercial messages in sigs

I think people complaining we didn't go after anybody with all the room is a little off base. Don't forget Caldwell tried to bring in Randal Cobb and Devin McCourty but they elected to resign. On a positive it leaves us with more room to lock up young guys this season and add more talent in free agency for next year.

Must re-sign players like Hurns,Linder, Bortles, Telvin and Robinson.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Must re-sign players like Hurns,Linder, Bortles, Telvin and Robinson.

Except they can't. 

If you sign guys like Sloby and Beadles, does it even matter?

I hope we sign a bunch of pass rushers and may the best man win

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:I think people complaining we didn't go after anybody with all the room is a little off base. Don't forget Caldwell tried to bring in Randal Cobb and Devin McCourty but they elected to resign. On a positive it leaves us with more room to lock up young guys this season and add more talent in free agency for next year.
This. Also people need to understand what the term "bust" means. A guy like Toby or Brown aren't considered busts to me because they are not getting paid top dollar. They are getting paid equivalent to their talent level with respect to other players of the same position. A bust would be Suh getting paid 20 million for 2 sacks and 17 tackles through 6 games. That's a bust to me. I don't mind Caldwell missing on lower tier guys because they aren't getting paid much. Low risk high reward. 

I'd rather a miss like Toby than a miss like Suh. This isn't even the same ball park. 

Quote:This. Also people need to understand what the term "bust" means. A guy like Toby or Brown aren't considered busts to me because they are not getting paid top dollar. They are getting paid equivalent to their talent level with respect to other players of the same position. A bust would be Suh getting paid 20 million for 2 sacks and 17 tackles through 6 games. That's a bust to me. I don't mind Caldwell missing on lower tier guys because they aren't getting paid much. Low risk high reward.

I'd rather a miss like Toby than a miss like Suh. This isn't even the same ball park.
Jerry Porter, Who? Douglas. Those were free agent busts. Caldwell hit on Marks, big time. House, Odrick, Skuta, Thomas. Thomas was the only one I expected to be big time. The rest are not going to be core players, and I don't think they are expected to be. The rest I wouldn't consider busts.

Free agency is not the way to build a core for your roster. Free agency is a good tool to bring in experienced role players. Impact players don't make it to free agency very often, and when they do, they won't pick Jacksonville (Cobb, McCourty, Murray).

Bring in transitional players, use the draft to build your core. Maybe we will get lucky and find a core player, like Marks.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 12:07 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Jerry Porter, Who? Douglas. Those were free agent busts. Caldwell hit on Marks, big time. House, Odrick, Skuta, Thomas. Thomas was the only one I expected to be big time. The rest are not going to be core players, and I don't think they are expected to be. The rest I wouldn't consider busts.

Free agency is not the way to build a core for your roster. Free agency is a good tool to bring in experienced role players. Impact players don't make it to free agency very often, and when they do, they won't pick Jacksonville (Cobb, McCourty, Murray).

Bring in transitional players, use the draft to build your core. Maybe we will get lucky and find a core player, like Marks.
Exactly. High end players are exclusively acquired through the draft only. Guys like Revis and Woodson hitting free agency in their prime is usually not the case. For the most part you have to draft Rodgers, AJ Green, JJ Watt etc... Free agency is to find role players and scheme fits. If you find a Marks, Skuta or Parnell then you have exceed expectations. For the most part they are hear to improve spots not hold them down for the long haul. Thats what the draft is for. 

Quote:I think people complaining we didn't go after anybody with all the room is a little off base. Don't forget Caldwell tried to bring in Randal Cobb and Devin McCourty but they elected to resign. On a positive it leaves us with more room to lock up young guys this season and add more talent in free agency for next year.

Keep in mind, though, that Cobb and McCourty did shop themselves around first. Back in the day, Michael Huyghue would have had them signed. 

'02

Quote:Must re-sign players like Hurns,Linder, Bortles, Telvin and Robinson.

All these guys are only in their second season so the Jaguars can easily wait another offseason before even thinking about re-signing them. Hurns might be an exceptin because, as an undrafted guy, I think he only signed a three-year deal. But the other guys can wait another year.

'02

Finding a valuable free agent safety is a must next offseason, as well as LB help. 

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

My dream free agent is Von Miller.

Will never happens, but how sweet it would be !