Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beers that dont taste like beer.

(This post was last modified: 10-27-2015, 11:33 AM by UConnUCFjags.)

Quote:Oaked Arrogant [BAD WORD REMOVED] is, imo, Stone's best brew, but their vanilla porter is also really good. Stone's got a lot of good beers in general. My all-time favorite from them was a one-off collaboration with Green Flash and Pizza Port called Highway 78, in reference to the freeway that connects Escondido, Carlsbad and Oceanside, CA, where those three breweries are located. Best beer I've ever had, no question about it.

Stone and Green Flash are two of my favorite breweries. Green Flash Palate Wrecker is probably my all-time favorite brew. Although, Coppertail's Unholy makes a strong case. If you haven't had this Tampa gem, I strongly recommend you make a trip to the brewery.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I hate myself for leaving Denver for a lot of reasons, and moving from beer nirvana to beer purgatory is high on the list.

Denver? Beervana? Pffffffffftttttttt......

- Portland, OR

Good fruity, girly beers:

Abita Purple Haze

Magic Hat #9

Framboise Lambic

Samuel Smith Organic Strawberry

Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy

Also: 

Try some ciders. 

My favorite brand is Crispin. 

The "Brown's Lane" version is my favorite because its not too sweet.

[Image: 87102.jpg]

Quote:Denver? Beervana? Pffffffffftttttttt......

- Portland, OR
We have (had Sad ) pot. There's actually a pot-infused beer there. I can only imagine how awful it tastes, but it's probably worth it an hour later.

Quote:We have (had Sad ) pot. There's actually a pot-infused beer there. I can only imagine how awful it tastes, but it's probably worth it an hour later.

Ahem.....we also have pot. Now we even have it legally. I had a brewmaster once talk to me about how marijuana and hops are cousins in the flora world. I have never actually verified if that is rooted in science or not, but I'd like to think so.

And Denver has an awesome beer scene. I'm just reppin' my beer team,  talking trash.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Ahem.....we also have pot. Now we even have it legally. I had a brewmaster once talk to me about how marijuana and hops are cousins in the flora world. I have never actually verified if that is rooted in science or not, but I'd like to think so.

And Denver has an awesome beer scene. I'm just reppin' my beer team,  talking trash.
Oh good, pot is legal in Gravity Falls. That's just what we need, Soos running around stoned...although it would explain a lot.

I've never been to Portland, and would like to do a mini-tour of the Pacific Northwest's brew scene in Portland and Seattle someday. I've just never seen a beer scene like Denver. There are craft breweries every few miles around there, and I never once stumbled across one where I didn't think that the beer was at least pretty good.

Quote:Oh good, pot is legal in Gravity Falls. That's just what we need, Soos running around stoned...although it would explain a lot.

I've never been to Portland, and would like to do a mini-tour of the Pacific Northwest's brew scene in Portland and Seattle someday. I've just never seen a beer scene like Denver. There are craft breweries every few miles around there, and I never once stumbled across one where I didn't think that the beer was at least pretty good.

Yeah, its nice. I owe at least 30 lbs to the abundance of awesome beer around here. My favorite brewery these days actually is up in Seattle, Elysian. I never know how far certain brew's reach is nationally. They have a blood orange pale ale called Superfuzz that is pretty legit. Also their Men's Room Red Ale is one of my favorites.

Quote:Yeah, its nice. I owe at least 30 lbs to the abundance of awesome beer around here. My favorite brewery these days actually is up in Seattle, Elysian. I never know how far certain brew's reach is nationally. They have a blood orange pale ale called Superfuzz that is pretty legit. Also their Men's Room Red Ale is one of my favorites.
I don't recall seeing that brewery in Denver, and definitely not in Dallas. I know it's a bit cliche and ubiquitous on the national scene, but Left Hand is one of my favorite breweries. Didn't hurt that the tap room and brewery (along with Oskar Blues) were 15-20 minutes from my house. My favorite brewery was Echo. Five minutes from the house in the same tiny town, and I never once tasted a beer I didn't like. Even their sweeter, fruiter raspberry ale was great, and I don't normally enjoy sweet and fruity. I miss that place already.