Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jason Myers makes MSN's 25 Most Disappointing NFL Players list...

Quote:He's also DEAD!

He is?!?!?!  My My My My Bironas?  That's a shame, RIP...

Anyhoo..

I think Myers is coming around.  He's been performing better.  He's got a month worth of games to prove he's figured it out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Rob Bironas? A bad example? Bironas was one of the best.

as he was!(also a tack :p) unfortunately, he is no longer amongst the living.

Scobee was 24/31 his rookie season. Meyers is currently 22/26
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:as he was!(also a tack Tongue) unfortunately, he is no longer amongst the living.

Oh... my bad. I didn't realize he passed away.

'02

You know, if you just look at Myers field goals, he's done fine overall ranking 19th in accuracy among current kickers at 85 percent. Granted he had the debacle in Indy that I'm sure was a huge learning experience for him along with that oh so ugly chip shot shank, but even with that his overall FG stats are competitive, and he's shown he can be clutch on the really deep kicks. Actually, that shank is his only miss under 40 yards where he's now 16 ot 17, and only five kickers have more 50+ FGs made.

As for his 4 missed PATs, well, that should be better, however, it really is tougher with them moving it back. In case you hadn't noticed, the Seahawks kicker, who was perfect on FGs until just a few weeks ago, has now missed 3 PATs over the past two weeks, and now 24 kickers have missed at least one PAT.

'02

Quote:You know, if you just look at Myers field goals, he's done fine overall ranking 19th in accuracy among current kickers at 85 percent. Granted he had the debacle in Indy that I'm sure was a huge learning experience for him along with that oh so ugly chip shot shank, but even with that his overall FG stats are competitive, and he's shown he can be clutch on the really deep kicks. Actually, that shank is his only miss under 40 yards where he's now 16 ot 17, and only five kickers have more 50+ FGs made.

As for his 4 missed PATs, well, that should be better, however, it really is tougher with them moving it back. In case you hadn't noticed, the Seahawks kicker, who was perfect on FGs until just a few weeks ago, has now missed 3 PATs over the past two weeks, and now 24 kickers have missed at least one PAT.

I have seen some people say the 26 yard miss against Baltimore was actually a block, has anyone rewatched it to verify?

Quote:I have seen some people say the 26 yard miss against Baltimore was actually a block, has anyone rewatched it to verify?

I haven't heard that one. Myers was interviewed after the game and said it came off his foot wrong.

'02

Quote:I have seen some people say the 26 yard miss against Baltimore was actually a block, has anyone rewatched it to verify?

They must have said it was a "brick" and not a block.

It wasn't blocked, but it sure was "bricked".

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:They must have said it was a "brick" and not a block.

It wasn't blocked, but it sure was "bricked".

Nah, they said blocked. I think source came from this article in the Baltimore Sun...http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/raven...story.html

I definitely thought it was just a shank (or brick Smile ) when I saw it live. *shrug* either way it shouldn't have happened.

Quote:Nah, they said blocked. I think source came from this article in the Baltimore Sun...http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/raven...story.html

I definitely thought it was just a shank (or brick Smile ) when I saw it live. *shrug* either way it shouldn't have happened.

We'll have to take another look somehow. Indeed, the Ravens are calling it a blocked FG...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">In the Week 9 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Ravens rookie outside linebacker Za’Darius Smith got a hand on Jason Myers’ 26-yard miss, contributing to the field-goal attempt going well wide.

'02