Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I keep hearing Hoyer had "all day" to throw, is that necessarily true?

Quote:I mean it seemed to me, and I mentioned in another thread, for the most part the ball was out of Hoyer's hands within 3 seconds. Can somebody who went to the game comment on what they actually saw. Also, I want to be clear that I am not saying pass rush is not a problem - it is. I just want to know if anybody else agrees its a little more too it than just blaming everything on rushing the QB.
Yes.  There were times he had almost 10 seconds

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Isn't the benchmark for the offensive line like 3 seconds to hold off pressure? It might be 5.

Either way, he had plenty of time to go through all of his reads. I'd call that "all day".

I focused on the absence of a pass rush. It reminded me of a group of big guys running into a wall......as soon as our rushers met resistance, they stopped their effort. There was little or no push. Hoyer was rarely pressured, and as the game progressed he became more relaxed and confident in the pocket.

Quote:Yes. There were times he had almost 10 seconds

I need to see that.

He did not literally have all day to throw, just the portion of the day during which he was on the field.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We haven't had a pass consistent pass rush since the days of stroud and Henderson. Its embarrassing

Quote:Define all day.

[Image: 158822072-e1410819409706-1940x1091.jpg]

Too little too late, but apparently Gus said we'll be bringing way more pressure now. No more 4 man rush, or at least way less.

That's what I took from the live tweets of his presser anyway.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

As someone said in the gameday thread: The average tinhorns play went something like; snap the ball, drop back, have lunch, take a nap, throw touchdown to Hopkins. 

He had all day to throw. Just like almost every QB this team has played the past decade. 

Lageman made the comment on the radio that Hoyer had a long time to throw........Lags would know.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Lageman made the comment on the radio that Hoyer had a long time to throw........Lags would know.

Wait. I thought Lageman was a sunshine pumper.

ShackDel, what's up, homey?

Let me hear where you stand on the issues, man, since i dont really ever see you say anything that isn't a snarky, condescending remark at someone.

Let's start this over and lets talk football

Quote:I mean it seemed to me, and I mentioned in another thread, for the most part the ball was out of Hoyer's hands within 3 seconds. Can somebody who went to the game comment on what they actually saw. Also, I want to be clear that I am not saying pass rush is not a problem - it is. I just want to know if anybody else agrees its a little more too it than just blaming everything on rushing the QB.
He had as much time as he needed on 95 percent of his throws. He converted on multiple third and longs with no pressure in the pocket. Pass rush was non existent.

Quote:ShackDel, what's up, homey?

Let me hear where you stand on the issues, man, since i dont really ever see you say anything that isn't a snarky, condescending remark at someone.

Let's start this over and lets talk football

lol wut?

Go two posts up homie.

Quote:lol wut?

Go two posts up homie.
Ok.

Let's start over, Shack.

Hello, my "name" is rocdee, and I like the Jaguars

CBs 5-7 yards off the line of scrimmage and no pass rush is a excellent recipe for a QB to have a good day

yep. I saw it firsthand. Alan Branch got manhandled like a practice squad rookie vs all pro aka No Chance!!! double windmill never works......

Quote:Ok.

Let's start over, Shack.

Hello, my "name" is rocdee, and I like the Jaguars

[Image: funny-gifs7.gif]

Quote:Too little too late, but apparently Gus said we'll be bringing way more pressure now. No more 4 man rush, or at least way less.

That's what I took from the live tweets of his presser anyway.

I watched the presser today though admittedly I tuned in a few minutes late so maybe I missed this talk of "we're definitely bringing more pressure from now on."   I also saw Mark Long's tweet if that's the one you are referring to.  I didn't interpret what Gus said the same way Mark did.  Gus indicated that figuring out how to bring pressure without giving up the big play is the real challenge and he cited a few instances from yesterday's game where bringing pressure worked and an instance where it didn't.