Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What do we do with Jason Myers?

Picking a kicker in the mid-rounds is nowhere near as bad as picking a punter.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Kai Forbath K is available. He kicked for Redskins for past 3 years. they cut him after he missed 1 FG the first week.

He has a pretty good leg too and has been fairly accurate the past few years. 

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/201...ase_1.html

New Orleans Saints release kicker Zach Hocker, sign Kai Forbath
So now that option is no longer there, I think we just have to stick with Myers. There are no veteran kickers left on the market who are not currently injured, unless you want to get a 37+ year old guy who been out of the league for a few years.

I mean honestly the best FA Kicker now is Randy Bullock, and watching him at A&M and after, he is a totally not worth the agony.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/10/new_orleans_saints_to_release_1.html'>http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2015/10/new_orleans_saints_to_release_1.html</a>

New Orleans Saints release kicker Zach Hocker, sign Kai Forbath

So now that option is no longer there, I think we just have to stick with Myers. There are no veteran kickers left on the market who are not currently injured, unless you want to get a 37+ year old guy who been out of the league for a few years.

I mean honestly the best FA Kicker now is Randy Bullock, and watching him at A&M and after, he is a totally not worth the agony.

#bringbackscobee
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I just think that out of all people that could use more time it's this kid. Because there is nothing else to lose. We already got an extra pick out of the kicker situation. But whatever I'm not gonna fret over a kicker. However it is bush league blame the clots loss all on Myers. That offense was crap and then we give a kid some long field goal attempts to win. Sorry I cant kill him for that. If they were 35 traders I'd be right there banging on that drum.

This is the NFL, not the bush leagues. A kicker has one job and if they can't hit a 40+ yarder IN A DOME then they need to find another line of work. Myers had three (!!!!) tries to win the game and he failed. And he also can barely make extra points. Dude is a straight up scrub.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:This is the NFL, not the bush leagues. A kicker has one job and if they can't hit a 40+ yarder IN A DOME then they need to find another line of work. Myers had three (!!!!) tries to win the game and he failed. And he also can barely make extra points. Dude is a straight up scrub.

It was 50+. Not routine by any means. Can't put all the blame on him. The offense played like crap and barely scored let's cut them too! That's your logic.

First off, the OP's question just makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-VRyQprlu8

Look, I know it's en-vogue to bash on Myers.  And here in the Jungle we like to find a player or a coach and just go nuts on thier ineptitude, IE Fish, Bradley, Alualu.

But I would submit, in the case of Myers that we maybe hold off for at least 1 season.

Is he inconsistent, yes.  But let's not forget that Scobee was not the model of consistency at first either.

Scobee's rookie year, he hit at a 77% FG rate.

Myers is hitting at 72%.

Yes, Myers is still off by 5% from Scobee's rookie year, but we're only through 6 weeks.  The kid clearly needs to pick up the pace.  But sometimes rookie kickers (yes, even Scobee) need to get used to the new expectations and pressures of the NFL kicking game.

Let's see this one play out before we flog the kid out of town.

Quote:#bringbackscobee

He is injured. Quad injury that no one is sure how serious.

Stop hating on Myers. He's proven to be the best of the new breed of young kickers in camps and competitions before he signed. Let him figure things out like how the winds work in Indy and he'll be great long term. Nothing is going to really happen this year anyways, so chaulk up the season as a learning season. Next year I'm betting he'll be a phenomenal kicker. Calm down and let the rookie get over his lumps.

'02

Let's reward mediocrity and sign him to an 11 year, $160m contract with a $20m signing bonus.
R.I.P. Stroudcrowd1

Quote:Look, I know it's en-vogue to bash on Myers. And here in the Jungle we like to find a player or a coach and just go nuts on thier ineptitude, IE Fish, Bradley, Alualu.

But I would submit, in the case of Myers that we maybe hold off for at least 1 season.

Is he inconsistent, yes. But let's not forget that Scobee was not the model of consistency at first either.

Scobee's rookie year, he hit at a 77% FG rate.

Myers is hitting at 72%.

Yes, Myers is still off by 5% from Scobee's rookie year, but we're only through 6 weeks. The kid clearly needs to pick up the pace. But sometimes rookie kickers (yes, even Scobee) need to get used to the new expectations and pressures of the NFL kicking game.

Let's see this one play out before we flog the kid out of town.

This is how I feel about it as well scobee was allowed to develop for a year. Myers could be the next long tenured kicker.

Gators had over 200 students come out today to try out for kicker. Can we do the same with fans?

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 02:45 PM by Jagwired.)

Quote:Gators had over 200 students come out today to try out for kicker. Can we do the same with fans?
A couple years ago I won this contest where we got to try a 35 yard kick for two season tickets...................mine wasn't close. I had the distance only it was maybe five feet off the ground..

As far as Myers? hang on and hope he improves.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:A couple years ago I won this contest where we got to try a 35 yard kick for two season tickets...................mine wasn't close. I had the distance only it was maybe five feet off the ground..

As far as Myers? hang on and hope he improves.

When you go in a slump before doing anything good to begin with, that usually isn't a good sign for the future.

IMO, he is done. Cut your losses next year and find someone else.

Quote:When you go in a slump before doing anything good to begin with, that usually isn't a good sign for the future.

IMO, he is done. Cut your losses next year and find someone else.

Totally!  

Signed Payton Manning...  LOL.  Come on man.  Most rookies struggle, that's why you give them a bit of time to develop and get better.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2015, 02:52 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

Quote:Totally!  

Signed Payton Manning...  LOL.  Come on man.  Most rookies struggle, that's why you give them a bit of time to develop and get better.

It's a kicker from the arena league. Mental scar tissue is already there. Cut him and find the next guy.

For crying out loud, the guy was even on multiple arena teams.

Quote:Picking a kicker in the mid-rounds is nowhere near as bad as picking a punter.
Agreed. Punters are no more than soccer guys that can kick a bean somewhere between 2 lines that are 40 yards apart.. There's a million of them out there

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana