Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is Marqise Lee done?

Quote:If he has a bad hamstring injury he physically can't play. It has nothing to do with not being able to handle some pain. Plus he tried to play on it and re aggravated it. It's not like he's been sitting around doing nothing for the whole season.

Quote:Talk to anyone who actually had to deal with the injury or physical therapist and they will tell you how it is. Who cares what the media says about it. They obviously don't know anything they just want him to play. OBJ worked hard all offseason trying to rid him of these hamstring problems working with trainers ect and he had another hamstring problem now. Sometimes as hard as you try the problem pops up. Look at Cecil shorts. That guy worked harder than anyone and still couldn't get his hamstring problems gone. It's an unfortunate situation for anyone who has this issues because you feel like you can play then it gets worse and you get set back weeks

And he said himself he could have went back in and played when he aggravated it.  It's been 3 weeks since then.  

Odb went back in and played after his latest hamstring injury on Monday.  I bet you he will play this coming week too.  At some point, you have to realize that a lot of the injuries are being milked.  We're not talking torn pectorals like Poz had or ACLs like Marks had.  I'm talking about relatively minor injuries that last months and put players on IR.  This team has an epidemic with it and it's become the culture to nurse injuries until they are 100%.  You are never 100% in the NFL.

Marqise Lee was a very high 2nd round pick and has been worthless for two years.  You didn't get tired of it with Cecil Shorts?  Trade him or cut him.  He doesn't and probably never will help the team.  He's been "dealing" with injuries for 3 straight years and has shown close to nothing when he has been on the field.  He's getting dangerously close to trade/cut territory and it's only been 2 seasons.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I said nothing about career-ending, but can serious hamstring damage rob a guy of his speed? Yes.

Well, wouldn't that be career-ending, or in the very least, career-impairing?  I've never seen an example of a player suffering a hamstring injury, fully-recovering, and never being the same again.

Not all hamstring injuries are alike but okay. Also in the case of OBJ he sat out for a while. He probably just had some tightness and not a pull. It's not like he went out there and played on a torn hamstring or something. The general point is that without knowledge of the injury i can't see how people say marqise is soft ect. A ton of the top WR have constant hamstring issues every year maybe not to this degree with all of them but it's a common theme. It's just not something you play through. A slight bit of tightness you can try but you are risking making it much worse. That's what happened to alshon and lesean. Now they've been out for weeks. Something similar probably happened to lee

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 07:22 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:Not all hamstring injuries are alike but okay. Also in the case of OBJ he sat out for a while. He probably just had some tightness and not a pull. It's not like he went out there and played on a torn hamstring or something. The general point is that without knowledge of the injury i can't see how people say marqise is soft ect. A ton of the top WR have constant hamstring issues every year maybe not to this degree with all of them but it's a common theme. It's just not something you play through. A slight bit of tightness you can try but you are risking making it much worse. That's what happened to alshon and lesean. Now they've been out for weeks. Something similar probably happened to lee

If he sat out a few weeks, then fine.  Not 3+ months, especially with his history.

In the last 2.5 years he has injured (at least) 3 hamstrings, 2 knees, 1 ankle, 1 shoulder, and 1 leg.  In just 2.5 years....  At some point, come on...

Lee is a good 5th WR.  Hurns and ARob as starters, Greene as 3rd WR, Walters 4th, Lee 5th.  Lee is just too unreliable for anything more..  

I like what someone said earlier - think of Hurns as being that 2nd round pick and it does make you feel a lot better...

Quote:If he sat out a few weeks, then fine. Not 3+ months, especially with his history.

In the last 2.5 years he has injured (at least) 3 hamstrings, 2 knees, 1 ankle, 1 shoulder, and 1 leg. In just 2.5 years.... At some point, come on...

He didn't sit out 3 months. He tried to play again and had a recurrence. I get the injuries are annoying and if he doesn't get it figured out in the next year or so he will be gone but as of now he gets a bit more time.

He's Blackmon-status as far as I'm concerned. If he comes back and produces, great, but I'm not expecting anything out of him.

Quote:He's Blackmon-status as far as I'm concerned. If he comes back and produces, great, but I'm not expecting anything out of him.
Ouch, that's harsh. Lee is rehabbing hard with the intent of coming back within the next few weeks. Blackmon is busy beefing up for his bid to play guard in Canada.

Quote:Ouch, that's harsh. Lee is rehabbing hard with the intent of coming back within the next few weeks. Blackmon is busy beefing up for his bid to play guard in Canada.
I would be absolutely ecstatic if Lee comes back and makes me look like a fool.

I remember a talented young WR named David Boston who had tons of talent but just couldn't stay on the field.  Lee so far has not shown he can stay healthy.  He has been hurt nearly 6months.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I remember a talented young WR named David Boston who had tons of talent but just couldn't stay on the field.  Lee so far has not shown he can stay healthy.  He has been hurt nearly 6months.
David Boston also had conditioning issues. I seem to recall his listed weight being 220-230, but his playing weight being closer to 240, occasionally as high as 260. Lee, as far as we know, hasn't had issues with showing up 40 lbs. overweight.

Quote:David Boston also had conditioning issues. I seem to recall his listed weight being 220-230, but his playing weight being closer to 240, occasionally as high as 260. Lee, as far as we know, hasn't had issues with showing up 40 lbs. overweight.
It doesn't matter.  I remember Boston was a force in this league when he was on the field.  Just like Lee is was mostly on the sideline hurt.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I have more confidence in Blackmon coming back and contributing something meaningful in a Jaguars jersey than Lee will at this point.  I will be utterly stunned if Lee ever puts up more than 50 catches in a season.

Lee is the Fillet and we need a Ribeye

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

When Lee plays he has shown he can be very effective and would be great to see in this offense. He certainly isn't done. It is just a matter of getting on the field. He will be here next year because of the talent. He could end up like Shorts with lots of promise, but injuries ultimately leading to his release or he gets healthy.

We haven't been given the "grade" of Lee's hamstring strain/tear.  If it's a grade three injury he may be out for a few more weeks. If it is less than that - we may see him play in London. Maybe even this Sunday.  Hamstring injuries are fickle and unpredictable, but he's not done and he'll contribute when he's healthy.