Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2016 offseason priority- verall the offensive line

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 02:48 PM by jagforlife85.)

First and foremost I don't think Gus Bradley is a good head coach, with that said there aren't too many head coaches that can consistently win football games if a team doesn't win the line of scrimmage, the Jaguars don't win the LOS on the offensive or defensive side of the ball and it's the primary reason this team is so inept and inconsistent on a week to week basis. The only offensive linemen that should be clear starters in 2016 is Brandon Linder and Jeremy Parnell, the Jaguars need to upgrade the LT, LG, and C position, Wis has been fine in pass pro but doesn't possess the raw strength to be a mauler in the run game.

I'd prefer the Jags to spend in FA rather than throwing darts in the NFL draft, here are a couple of names to remember

1. Marshall Yanda (Bal)- arguably the best guard in the league, Baltimore's cap situation will make it difficult for them to resign Yanda, a stud in both the run game and pass protection, he would give the Jaguars offensive line a nasty veteran presence it currently lacks

2. Cordy Glenn (Buf)- the Bills have a lot of money tied up into that defense and might have to let Glenn walk because it, especially considering that Stephon Gilmore's rookie contract is set to expire as well. Glenn is a better pass blocker than run blocker but is clearly a better player than Luke Joeckel, if the Jags sign Glenn they'll kick LJ inside to LG.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Na....

Defense from here on out.

^give this man a trophy 

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 02:37 PM by Scarecrow.)

What in the world has Gus shown you that has lead you to think he's a good coach? His in game coaching has been awful. The team continually looks lost and clueless.

It's no coincidence that Gus doesn't know what he's doing in game situations and neither do the players.

This team is young and desperately needs a better coaching staff.

*edit*

Ignore this, I can't read.

Quote:Na....

Defense from here on out.
this, and a back up TE

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 02:29 PM by JagFanatic24.)

Quote:What in the world has Gus shown you that has lead you to think he's a good coach? His in game coaching has been awful. The team continually looks lost and clueless.

It's no coincidence that Gus doesn't know what he's doing in game situations and neither do the players.

This team is young and desperately needs a better coaching staff.
Read the OP's 5th word....

While I agree with what you said and that the only reliable starters for the offensive line will have to be Parnell and Linder I think that the front 7 of the defense is where we will need to really focus primarily and bring in some dominant players if possible. 

While it's true that Marks and Fowler will return we won't know how they'll play (after all Fowler is a guy hasn't even played an NFL snap), so address Pass rush, DT and LB first. 

On the offensive line I agree about LT, LG and C, we need to upgrade those as well, would be good to find someone in FA who can replace Beadles especially.

We need to get this running game going and at the moment this line is so bad at run blocking and creating holes. But the offense at least has talent in Bortles, Allens, Thomas, Yeldon, DRob, so let's fix that defense first thing.

I'm ready for a lockdown corner.

I'm ready to get a stacked defense. 

Draft defensive players and get them in FA as well. We have Bortles, Yeldon, ARob, Hurns, Lee, JT, Walters, Linder, Parnell, improving Joke, and Wiz on offense. Not to mention AJ Cann is getting better. Beadles on the other hand is pure trash at the moment.

Who do we have on defense? Injured Marks, Telvin, Ryan Davis and older Poz? Caldwell did a great job at building the offense so far, but we have neglected the defense. Fowler getting injured hurt us, but we shouldn't have to rely on a rookie to change the face of the defense. We should've had pass rushers that were capable of bringing pressure.

What makes people think Luke J will be better as a guard,He isn't as bad a tackle as people make out but he could very easily be far far worse as LG.

Beadles is awful he will be gone. Joeckel-Cann-Wiz/??-Linder-Parnell is what I would expect next season.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:I'm ready to get a stacked defense. 

Draft defensive players and get them in FA as well. We have Bortles, Yeldon, ARob, Hurns, Lee, JT, Walters, Linder, Parnell, improving Joke, and Wiz on offense. Not to mention AJ Cann is getting better. Beadles on the other hand is pure trash at the moment.

Who do we have on defense? Injured Marks, Telvin, Ryan Davis and older Poz? Caldwell did a great job at building the offense so far, but we have neglected the defense. Fowler getting injured hurt us, but we shouldn't have to rely on a rookie to change the face of the defense. We should've had pass rushers that were capable of bringing pressure.

You know that's the thing I find most upseting about the current Jaguars status.  A lot of Jaguar fans love the defense and was hoping for a great defense when Gus Bradley became the HC & brought over his DL coach, etc

3 years later and the defense is the worst in INTs, and is supposed to be geared to stop the run yet the Bucs ran over 100 yards in the 1st half...

We all knew that the Offense wasnt going to be great with a defensive minded HC but you wouldve expected in the third year for the Defense to be great... at least good... not what weve seen five games into this season.

Every facet of the defense must be improved greatly.

Quote:Every facet of the defense must be improved greatly.

We'll have Marks and Fowler back next year, which will be a step in the right direction. Definitely agree it's where we need to focus, though - the offence seems more likely to be able to take steps forward as it gains experience.