Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Truth about Bortles' completion percentage

Quote:Injuries happen. Beyond Julius Thomas who would help this team immensely, the Jaguars have lost Arrelious Benn and Rashad Greene. Their 3rd WR is now Bryan Walter who they had to re-sign after having waived. Their 4th WR Tony Washington is no business being on an NFL roster. The only legiitmate weapons left for Blake are ARob and Hurns. At TE they have Marcedes as an option, but he's not exactly known as a pass catching TE. Behind him, there are no TEs getting open for Blake. What other qbs have to suffer only having two real weapons to throw to, one of those now being constantly double teamed?

The majority of QBs in the league? Good WRs and offensive playmakers are hard to find. That is why a QB is so valuable. Who was Carr Throwing to his rookie season? It seems to me good QBs produce and make plays and raise the level of play of their receivers, and Bortles doesn't have that capacity.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:one of these twits has to be TMD lol

That's an insult to TMD.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I forget, but did we split with the tacks last year?

I just remember beating them like in week 16 at home... Don't remember the game in Nashville, though...

I am not going to look it up, but I think it might be the game that Scobee had a last second FG blocked b/c it was too low.

I try not to think about the losses and what happened, but there are so many of them it's hard to remember how each loss happened.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:What facts? That he might finish the year with the stats you posted? How about the fact that Bortles was the worst rated QB in the league last year? How about the fact he barely completes over half his passes? Or how his play falls off a cliff when the snaps being meaningful and the team's back is against the wall? Those are the facts, and both the stats and the game tape reflect that. Marginal improve from bad to very below average isn't good enough is the point I'm trying to convey to you.
Dwelling on last year again proves my point! Done responding!

Quote:Dwelling on last year again proves my point! Done responding!

I just can't get over that Matt Ryanesque rookie season where he didn't have an alarming amount of turnovers compared to the vast amount of TDs he scored with uncanny efficiency. Best part was when he won RoY and took us to the playoffs. You know what, I've had a change of heart. This whole delusional reality thing is actually pretty nice. Consider me back on the bandwagon.

Quote:The majority of QBs in the league? Good WRs and offensive playmakers are hard to find. That is why a QB is so valuable. Who was Carr Throwing to his rookie season? It seems to me good QBs produce and make plays and raise the level of play of their receivers, and Bortles doesn't have that capacity.

Most qbs have more than two weapons out there. At the rate they're going, ARob and Hurns are each going to have over 1200 yards. There's just not much in the way of additional players on the roster for him to raise the talent level of. To that end, however, in the last game Blake managed to complete five passes to our drop-happy blocking TE Marcedes Lewis.

'02

Quote:I am not going to look it up, but I think it might be the game that Scobee had a last second FG blocked b/c it was too low.

I try not to think about the losses and what happened, but there are so many of them it's hard to remember how each loss happened.

Yeah, we blew them out at home in week 16..

They beat us by 2 in  Nashville, but they looked sorry, and we gave them the game...

Look, at the end of the day, tacks fans have all the right in the world to say how great Marcus Mariotta is.  He's a rookie that is the darling of the NFL rookie QBs at this very moment.

It's important for the Vince Young franchise to say that they have a new Vince Young that is even better than their last Vince Young.

And if you include week one of this new Vince Young's career, it's clear that this New Vince Young is the second coming of Colin Keapernick...  So they got that going for them.

I wish the Vince Young Bud Adams franchise all the best...  Mariotta may very well be the greatest QB the tacks ever had...  But I doubt it... Warren Moon was the best tacks QB....  

I don't think the New Vince Young is even in the same conversation as McNair...  But you know...  Marriota seems like the savior right now...  Let the tacks have it...

We'll see what happens when we play them... 

At this point, whatever a tacks fan says about our QB doesn't matter.  Stats, at this point don't matter.  It's all about wins...

I think we have 1.

I think the tacks have 1...

So who cares?  

As they say, "Truth will out"

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2015, 11:09 AM by atburg.)

Quote:I just can't get over that Matt Ryanesque rookie season where he didn't have an alarming amount of turnovers compared to the vast amount of TDs he scored with uncanny efficiency. Best part was when he won RoY and took us to the playoffs. You know what, I've had a change of heart. This whole delusional reality thing is actually pretty nice. Consider me back on the bandwagon.
I've called you out twice on how Geno Smith, and Teddy Bridgewater ( 2 guys I remember YOU saying were franchise saviours), were progressing in their legendary careers?

When did I say that? I think they both suck. Care to show me where I said that?

Quote:When did I say that? I think they both suck. Care to show me where I said that?

You never called Bridgewater as a "saviour"...  

But your lame analysis of Teddy shows your lack of actual QB insight:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Through 16 starts Bortles has been abysmal. Carr is light years ahead and while Bridgewater might not be as explosive as Carr, he is far more accurate and a much better game manager than Bortles. Hell in 7 games Mettenberger showed more promise than Bortles. Bortles has struggled this year with the same old problems, and still cannot take advantage of poor defenses. The best game of his career was very mediocre, and it came against an awful Dolphin's defense that was just lit up again by Tyrod Taylor (lol) for 3 TD's and nearly 300 yards..  http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry560248

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I win, right?

Quote:When did I say that? I think they both suck. Care to show me where I said that?
Won't let me go back to your draft posts, but the username is unforgettable.

Quote:You never called Bridgewater as a "saviour"...  

But your lame analysis of Teddy shows your lack of actual QB insight:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Through 16 starts Bortles has been abysmal. Carr is light years ahead and while Bridgewater might not be as explosive as Carr, he is far more accurate and a much better game manager than Bortles. Hell in 7 games Mettenberger showed more promise than Bortles. Bortles has struggled this year with the same old problems, and still cannot take advantage of poor defenses. The best game of his career was very mediocre, and it came against an awful Dolphin's defense that was just lit up again by Tyrod Taylor (lol) for 3 TD's and nearly 300 yards..  http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...ntry560248

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I win, right?

Where does that say that I think he is a legit franchise QB? Just because he is more accurate than Bortles doesn't mean he doesn't suck also.

His completion percentage goes way up when you add in completions to the other team.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Where does that say that I think he is a legit franchise QB? Just because he is more accurate than Bortles doesn't mean he doesn't suck also.
Have to find your pre-draft stuff.