Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Injury Report

Quote:I wonder if JT will get cleared to play later in the week. He has been cleared to catch and has been running routes since the injury happened - what's the reason for not letting him play on Sunday? I think they just want to see how he does in practice before they make their final decision.

Don't forget that while is was brought to catch passes, he is still a Tight End who has to occasionally block to keep the other team honest. I suspect keeping out 1 more week has more to do with that contact than the catching. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't forget that while is was brought to catch passes, he is still a Tight End who has to occasionally block to keep the other team honest. I suspect keeping out 1 more week has more to do with that contact than the catching. 

Was Thomas ruled out? I read he is listed as questionable.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2015, 05:31 AM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:He had a drop against the Panthers or Dolphins.

Of course Julius Thomas will get passes thrown his way. He is a receiving tight end, not a blocker.

Dolphins or Panthers?  Well which one?  Or do you mis-remember?  I can't think of one drop he had.  Not saying you're wrong, but your response is not one I can take as fact, since you cannot remember which team it came from...

Regarding your second statement:  Yes, he's a receiving TE.  Harbor has had some passes thrown his way this year and last year for big chunks of yardage, but it doesn't seem like it's the team's philosophy to get the TE involved in the game in a consistent manner.  One pass here or there per game...

Now we bring in this "great" new TE, you'd think that we'd have a bunch of play packages for this new weapon.  He got hurt, but I don't see many play packages for Harbor.  And again, it's not like Harbor hasn't shown he can get open and get big yards this year and last year.

So what gives any of us the confidence that when JT comes back we are gonna feature him any more?  Just because he's awesome?  I hope that's the answer...  But I don't trust the coaching staff enough to have such confidence that once JT is healthy, all of a sudden we're gonna be throwing to the TE 5-8 times per game.

From listening to Gus' presser he didn't seem to confident on Marks, JT, or Poz. Though it wouldn't surprise me to see Poz out there and Marks play 10-15 snaps. JT I'm not expecting till Houston
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Crazy to think Julius Thomas makes like a million bucks a week to not play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Crazy to think Julius Thomas makes like a million bucks a week to not play.

This is the part of the "contract" process that gets overlooked when guys like Kam Chancellor hold out looking for new ones.

Quote:Crazy to think Julius Thomas makes like a million bucks a week to not play.

Big ben

Tony romo

Jordy nelson

Andrew luck

Marshawn lynch

DeSean jackson

Lesean mccoy

Jay cutler

Etc etc etc etc

All got paid and didn't play.... busts?

Wait until [BLEEP] doctors clear him and see. Maybe he's a porter or maybe hes a marks.

Quote:Big ben

Tony romo

Jordy nelson

Andrew luck

Marshawn lynch

DeSean jackson

Lesean mccoy

Jay cutler

Etc etc etc etc

All got paid and didn't play.... busts?

Wait until [BAD WORD REMOVED] doctors clear him and see. Maybe he's a porter or maybe hes a marks.

LOL poor Bears and that Cutler contract. That said he's been ok when he's played this year.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS