Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hoping for Better

I'm kind of disturbed by Blake's stats. 289 yards is a career high in his 2nd year? 1 TD last week? Those are very mediocre numbers in today's NFL. I mean didn't Mariota get 4 TDS in his first game? I'm not saying he's a bust, but I'm starting to get concerned.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

damn we lose pretty!!

hell yeah!!! hype!! 

ice cream!

He also secretly replaced the fine coffee they usually serve with Folgers Crystals.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 10-08-2015, 08:15 AM by Pujo.)

Quote:I'm kind of disturbed by Blake's stats. 289 yards is a career high in his 2nd year? 1 TD last week? Those are very mediocre numbers in today's NFL. I mean didn't Mariota get 4 TDS in his first game? I'm not saying he's a bust, but I'm starting to get concerned.

He had a 330 yard game last year against titans. It's kinda hard to have big games they way they played last year. This year he has been pretty decent. There's not that many playmakers that can turn a quick pass into a long td to boost stats like a lot of QBs have. And that 4 td mariota game was not that impressive if you actually watched but it is obviously a good accomplishment for him.

Quote:I'm kind of disturbed by Blake's stats. 289 yards is a career high in his 2nd year? 1 TD last week? Those are very mediocre numbers in today's NFL. I mean didn't Mariota get 4 TDS in his first game? I'm not saying he's a bust, but I'm starting to get concerned.
Those aren't his real stats. 

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:Those aren't his real stats. 
They were his actual stats from the game.  Although, I don't think it was his career high.

Do you watch the games or just look at stats?

Week 1 - Mariotta - 13/15 for 209 passing, 30 yards in the air, 180 YAC.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We can play the stat game. This season he is 11th in passing yards, ahead of Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and both Mannings. He is tied for 13th in TD passes. Tied with Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan. Ahead of Matthew Stafford and Russell Wilson. He has thrown 3 INT's this season. The same as Carson Palmer. Less than Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers and Matthew Stafford. 

I guess there are different ways to look at stats.

Quote:Do you watch the games or just look at stats?

I watched that trash.  We have good Bortles the first 30 minutes, then can't get a first down Bortles in the second half.  I know the truth hurts, but the coaching and the offensive play in the second half of games leading back from LAST year is really atrocious.  

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

This is an example of why all of you should be sad! Why aren't you sad?!?! There are bad things in the world and you need to stop getting over it and point out how bad things are!

Things are bad! Let's get to worrying!!!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:This is an example of why all of you should be sad! Why aren't you sad?!?! There are bad things in the world and you need to stop getting over it and point out how bad things are!

Things are bad! Let's get to worrying!!!

I'd +1 that but I don't know how.

Besides, I don't like you anyway. You remind me too much of stooperfan.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I'd +1 that but I don't know how.

Besides, I don't like you anyway. You remind me too much of stooperfan.

It's all in the language I think. It's a gift.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I watched that trash.  We have good Bortles the first 30 minutes, then can't get a first down Bortles in the second half.  I know the truth hurts, but the coaching and the offensive play in the second half of games leading back from LAST year is really atrocious.  

Yeah, they need to score more points. You want to look at just stats. And the stats show that Bortles is much better than last year. The eyes tell the same story. I am not sure what is so "disturbing" to you.

Quote:They were his actual stats from the game.  Although, I don't think it was his career high.

He threw for 298 yards and it definitely wasn't his career high. 

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:He threw for 298 yards and it definitely wasn't his career high. 

Sorry, was looking at the net passing yards...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791671

Reported for plagiarism...