Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
1st Quarter of the Season

Well here we sit at 1-3 in the first quarter of the season.  Honestly, this is where I figured we would be prior to the start of the season.  I had hoped to be 2-2 but figured we would probably be at 1-3.  I also think that many on this board, if they are being honest with themselves probably thought the same thing prior to the season.  Looking back at the first quarter.

Carolina - I thought that this was a possible win, and wasn't real surprised with the outcome.

Miami - I pretty much had this pegged as a close game and a possible win.  The outcome was kind of as I expected, a close game.

@ New England - I didn't expect to win this game, though I was disappointed that it wasn't closer.

@ Indianapolis - I didn't really expect to win this game at the start of the season, however given the injury situation of Andrew Luck, I am disappointed in the loss.

Going into the second quarter of the season the team has a tough schedule, but not quite as tough as the first quarter of the season.  Here is my thought regarding the second quarter.

@ Tampa Bay - This will not be an "easy" game by any means, especially with the Jaguars coming off a nasty loss on the road to NE and a disappointing loss to Indy.  However, I do see this as a probable win.

Houston - Once again, this will not be an "easy" game by any means.  Keep in mind that we do host the Texans, but they will have a "mini-bye" after their Thursday night game this week, so they will be rested.  I would mark this game as a "could win" depending on injury/health issues on both teams.

*Buffalo - even though this is "technically" a home game, it's really a road game across the pond in London.  Historically, the Jaguars have not done well in London and Buffalo is looking pretty good this season.  I predict this to be a loss.

bye

@ NY Jets - After a bye hopefully the Jaguars have enough key players rested and healthy for yet another road game.  The Jets aren't looking too bad this season and I see this as a probable loss.

First Quarter 1-3

Second Quarter 2-2 at best

So at the half of the season we should be at 3-5.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

1-7 at the halfway mark

The way we are playing it seems to be that Buffalo and NY will be straight losses for us. Going up against their defenses with our sorry offense, we won't score squat. Texans and Bucs are winnable games. We will find a way to lose of those winnable games, probably to the Texans. So I would say 2nd Q of the season we can go 1-3 and possibly 0-4. If we improve I can see us going 2-2. Realistically speaking we will be 2-6.

Quote:Well here we sit at 1-3 in the first quarter of the season. Honestly, this is where I figured we would be prior to the start of the season. I had hoped to be 2-2 but figured we would probably be at 1-3. I also think that many on this board, if they are being honest with themselves probably thought the same thing prior to the season. Looking back at the first quarter.

Carolina - I thought that this was a possible win, and wasn't real surprised with the outcome.

Miami - I pretty much had this pegged as a close game and a possible win. The outcome was kind of as I expected, a close game.

@ New England - I didn't expect to win this game, though I was disappointed that it wasn't closer.

@ Indianapolis - I didn't really expect to win this game at the start of the season, however given the injury situation of Andrew Luck, I am disappointed in the loss.

Going into the second quarter of the season the team has a tough schedule, but not quite as tough as the first quarter of the season. Here is my thought regarding the second quarter.

@ Tampa Bay - This will not be an "easy" game by any means, especially with the Jaguars coming off a nasty loss on the road to NE and a disappointing loss to Indy. However, I do see this as a probable win.

Houston - Once again, this will not be an "easy" game by any means. Keep in mind that we do host the Texans, but they will have a "mini-bye" after their Thursday night game this week, so they will be rested. I would mark this game as a "could win" depending on injury/health issues on both teams.

*Buffalo - even though this is "technically" a home game, it's really a road game across the pond in London. Historically, the Jaguars have not done well in London and Buffalo is looking pretty good this season. I predict this to be a loss.

bye

@ NY Jets - After a bye hopefully the Jaguars have enough key players rested and healthy for yet another road game. The Jets aren't looking too bad this season and I see this as a probable loss.

First Quarter 1-3

I agree with this assessment. 3-4 going into the bye. Maybe we surprise everyone and beat the jets after a nice rest. That would be nice.

If the Bills play like they did against the Giants that's a winnable game
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 04:28 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

There is literally 0 reason or justification for picking the Jaguars in any games this year. They just put up 13 on one of the worsts defenses in the league. I don't care how good you think our defense is, they are pretty bad still and at this point I dont think JT will be our savior on offense. Very likely we go 1-7 through 8, way more likely than 3-5. Are we beating the Ravens, Titans, Chargers? The Falcons will hang 50+ on us. Our ONLY clear chance this year are Houston at home and maybe Tampa this week if we play well. I could see 2-14, and maybe shock a team or 2. I was a real believer we could hit 8 before this colts game... Now, with that offense showing just how poor it is... I would be shocked if we get to 5 wins. 

Quote:There is literally 0 reason or justification for picking the Jaguars in any games this year. They just put up 13 on one of the worsts defenses in the league. I don't care how good you think our defense is, they are pretty bad still and at this point I dont think JT will be our savior on offense. Very likely we go 1-7 through 8, way more likely than 3-5. Are we beating the Ravens, Titans, Chargers? The Falcons will hang 50+ on us. Our ONLY clear chance this year are Houston at home and maybe Tampa this week if we play well. I could see 2-14, and maybe shock a team or 2. I was a real believer we could hit 8 before this colts game... Now, with that offense showing just how poor it is... I would be shocked if we get to 5 wins.

Meh, the Bills just managed only 10 against a Giants defense just as bad as Indy who they scored 27 on and scored 32 on NE. It's all about the W, besides the fact that divisional games are usually much closer than non divisional anyway. With the yards we're getting I really don't see how we don't start scoring more points soon.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We were competitive with 4-0 Carolina so I see no reason to not be competitive with any of those teams.

Not saying I expect to win all of them obviously but I think marking any down as an automatic loss is also premature.

Quote: 

First Quarter 1-3

This made me laugh.  Thanks!

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:We were competitive with 4-0 Carolina so I see no reason to not be competitive with any of those teams.

Not saying I expect to win all of them obviously but I think marking any down as an automatic loss is also premature.
Dude... They have beaten the Jags, Saints, Bucs and Texans.

Combined 4-12.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 09:37 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:Dude... They have beaten the Jags, Saints, Bucs and Texans.

Combined 4-12.
I agree. And, the only one of those teams that the Panthers "handily" beat was Tampa because of Winston's gift-wrapped INTs.

The Panthers and Jags were playing a close game until the last quarter when the Jags couldn't move the ball or stop the run.

The Panthers were in a close game vs the Texans but Mallet (Lol) couldn't keep it together.

The Panthers were in a very tight game against the Saints (McCown at QB). They were losing that game for quite a while, and could've easily lost that one.

Yeah, they are 4-0. But I'm definitely not sold.

Jags

Texans (Mallett)

Saints (McCown)

Bucs (Winston)