Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
how about we have marcedes lewis cover gronkowski in the redzone..

Good job guys way to talk football. Who ever said it worked on my high school team it could work in the nfl, that's not what I said. What I said was nfl teams do things like this with personnel all the time, then cited reference from the nfl and my personal college and high school teams. Believe me this not weird of an idea if you disagree I would be up for a lively debate.

And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should have Anger kick him in the balls every play.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Good job guys way to talk football. Who ever said it worked on my high school team it could work in the nfl, that's not what I said. What I said was nfl teams do things like this with personnel all the time, then cited reference from the nfl and my personal college and high school teams. Believe me this not weird of an idea if you disagree I would be up for a lively debate.

Holy crap dude. I'd rather argue with a baked potato than spend another minute listening to you tell us about how your high school and/or college experiences are relevant to the NFL.

You should probably spend some time trying to catch up with the real world my man.

Quote:We should have Anger kick him in the balls every play.

And he still wouldn't drop a ball inside the 5 like you would expect a 3rd round punter.

Get it? Drop a ball? I mean, am I right or am I right fellas?

Quote:Holy crap dude. I'd rather argue with a baked potato than spend another minute listening to you tell us about how your high school and/or college experiences are relevant to the NFL.

You should probably spend some time trying to catch up with the real world my man.

I know...it's presposporous. I mean, who in their right mind would take a DE and have him play FB?

'02

Dang tree stone, tell me how really feel. All I was sayings is its not crazy or unprecedented in the NFl. I like the post because it's not one of same five brought up over and over. I see why someone might thinks it could be done, in perhaps goalies situations. I'm disappointed that instead of having a fun conversation about football screening, I am defending the semantics of the OP. Maybe I'm being a baked potato, but at least I'm not a wet blanket.
And cause I was a gazillionaire, and I liked doin it so much, I cut that grass for free.

Quote:I know...it's presposporous. I mean, who in their right mind would take a DE and have him play FB?

Yes. Using a defensive lineman on short yardage situations is completely the same thing as using a tight end to cover the best tight end in the world.

Why don't the Jaguars sign Matthew Dellavedova to cover Gronk?

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 08:22 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:I know...it's presposporous. I mean, who in their right mind would take a DE and have him play FB?
That's a wee bit different than covering the games best TE with Marcedes Lewis. Let's be realistic here.

It's not like the Alualu at fullback experience has been some overwhelming success that should make us want to go back to the old 2 way player days, either.

Quote:Dang tree stone, tell me how really feel. All I was sayings is its not crazy or unprecedented in the NFl. I like the post because it's not one of same five brought up over and over. I see why someone might thinks it could be done, in perhaps goalies situations. I'm disappointed that instead of having a fun conversation about football screening, I am defending the semantics of the OP. Maybe I'm being a baked potato, but at least I'm not a wet blanket.

Fair enough, I apologize for being brash. I was drunker than Hogan's goat, and filled with visions of Marcedes Lewis trying to run around the field, flailing about hopelessly as Gronk had his way with him at the expense of my Jaguars. Wet blanket. That's a good one, I like it!

Anyway, Telvin Smith should be glued to Gronkowskis hip, with a safety helping on obvious passing plays. He will still get his. I think we can contain him a bit this way though. Down on the goal line however, I don't think there's much we can hope for in terms of covering Gronkowski.

Quote:At first I thought this was a bad idea. Then I remembered that both my high schools and college teams did something similar on defense because of miss matches. Then I thought teams do this in reverse on offense a good bit in the nfl. I don't think they'll do it, but the idea has some merit and is not unprecedented. I applaud the op for thinking even though he is not a football mind. 
Who is this Miss Matches you speak of?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:just throwing it out there imagine what gronk would do if he had a 6-6 272 pound guy running at him..

that would be crazy just to witness something like that..

Well, the ball does seem to supernaturally avoid Marcedes' hands. Now we just have to figure out how to convince Gronk to tape Marcedes hands together with his own.

Quote:And he still wouldn't drop a ball inside the 5 like you would expect a 3rd round punter.

Get it? Drop a ball? I mean, am I right or am I right fellas?
Outkicking the coverage in this situation is ok with me
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:The idea has some merit. Afterall, the say receivers who can't catch often become dbs.
Like Troy Brown?

Quote:Gronk would make Marcedes look like a giraffe on roller skates
Now that's something I'd pay money to see. 

Quote:Who is this Miss Matches you speak of?

Gram in her younger days.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 05:54 PM by jagsbum.)

Just noticed the error. A special thanks to FBT. Its an easy catch form him, because he's made a career of proof reading the documents of his betters.