Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Robinson offensive pass interference

Quote:Refs give us no respect. It's amazing how the calls tend to go your way when you're a respected team.

I know. We would have gotten a first down on that play and ended up punting 

Quote:We've had our fair share this year of bad calls going our way. In this last game for instance, they gave Myers a chance at a 58-yard FG that should have been a 61-yard FG if placed correctly. I'm not so sure that kick had an extra three yards on it.

Last week the Panthers had an early TD called back with a flag for offensive PI that wan't there at all on replay. The Panthers had to ultimately settle for a FG instead, so that's basically 4 points in the Jaguars favor on at least what appeared to be a bad flag. I recall there being another blatant call in the Jaguars favor later in the game, but I'm struggling to recall what it was.

How did we get three extra yards after third down? Thank God we did because the kick was almost too short.

Unfortunately that phantom penalty did not help us in the end as they still scored 20 points.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 09:44 PM by jaxjags625.)

It was a bad call..

Anyway, Robinson beasted for my fantasy team and I just traded Alfred Morris for TJ Yeldon..

Am I crazy for starting 2 Jaguars?
Shock the world

Quote:It was a bad call..

Anyway, Robinson beasted for my fantasy team and I just traded Alfred Morris for TJ Yeldon..

Am I crazy for starting 2 Jaguars?

Trading Alfred Morris might not be the worst move. I get the feeling Matt Jones is going to be taking a lot of his reps this year.

'02

Quote:Trading Alfred Morris might not be the worst move. I get the feeling Matt Jones is going to be taking a lot of his reps this year.

Yeah, exactly. The full trade was:

Alfred Morris and Calvin Johnson for TJ Yeldon and Jarvis Landry. Pretty fair to me.
Shock the world

Quote: 

How did we get three extra yards after third down? Thank God we did because the kick was almost too short.

The spot of the kick resulted from a penalty where the Jaguars got the spot of the penalty. On replay, the penalty occurred three yards back. That was a much needed 3 yards, but I feel it's a justified call because the Jaguars got screwed with those two bad PI calls on that one late drive.

'02

Quote:Yeah, exactly. The full trade was:

Alfred Morris and Calvin Johnson for TJ Yeldon and Jarvis Landry. Pretty fair to me.

Not sure I'd trade Calvin tho... I know he hasn't done squat yet, but it's only week two.  Maybe tho... Landry has been rolling so far.

'02

Quote:This was a bad call, but the Dolphins got nailed with more bad calls then did we on Sunday.

I disagree it was bad officiating against both teams I do not feel as if one team had any advantage over the other.  I saw a couple of holding calls that werent called that shouldve been with them holding Chris Clemons for example.

Quote:Yeah, exactly. The full trade was:

Why on earth would you give up MegaTron for J. Landry?  TJ Yeldon is a rookie that is already injured, Morris for Yeldon by itself isnt a bad trade but giving up Megatron for Landry seems like it (despite his really good week 1 performance).

I dunno I barely play Fantasy teams so I guess you know what your doing...

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2015, 12:03 AM by jaxjags625.)

Quote:Why on earth would you give up MegaTron for J. Landry? TJ Yeldon is a rookie that is already injured, Morris for Yeldon by itself isnt a bad trade but giving up Megatron for Landry seems like it (despite his really good week 1 performance).

I dunno I barely play Fantasy teams so I guess you know what your doing...
Well I hear ya man and I gave it great thought, but I will say that Yeldon and Landry have combined for more points than Morris and Calvin so far in my league. I also like that Yeldon is gaining steam while Morris is losing carries to Matt Jones. And after watching Landry play these past two weeks, it's pretty darn clear that he is playing a huge role for the Fins. Only time will tell.
Shock the world

The tough part of trades is both sides have to agree. It's rare that you can just rob the other, although that is what seemed to happen to me the one year I played.

'02

When Alfred Morris came out as a rookie he had shown great potential (of course that was with Kyle as the OC), but Matt Jones seems to be the main back in Washington now so that's probably a good move & as Jags02 said you had to get him to agree to let go of TJ Yeldon (whom should've had a TD against miami - was awefully close) but I'm sure he'll get one against the Pats.

I watched this game back on DVR...  

One thing about AR15 in this game is that he ran routes exceptionally well.

I mean, I think the ref just assumed AR15 pushed off because he left that Grimes with his jock between his legs when he made his cut at the top of the hook route.

It was a great play by AR15.  Yes, bad call.  But give credit to our guy for such a great route!

Grimes had a pick 6 last year.  This year, he got burned a couple times by AR15...  Gotta love that improvement.  Hopefully AR15 can keep this up against the pats.

Quote:Hopefully AR15 can keep this up against the pats.

It's conceivable. The Pats D ranks around #25 where the Jaguars D ranks around #15 after two weeks. I can see the Jaguars moving the ball a bit in this game.

'02

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2015, 02:29 PM by SeldomRite.)

The offensive PI call was terrible, absolutely imagined on the part of the officials, but the PI they didn't call when Robinson got run through and tackled by a guy while he was jumping to try to make a catch was the unforgivable one. Did someone streak the field causing every official to look away from the play, because that was such an obvious infraction they'd need to be blind if they weren't completely distracted.

Those were two of the most obvious bad calls I've seen since the missed hold in Tennessee where McNair ran half the field for a game winning score. Titans basically won the game due to that one missed call, and the hold couldn't have been more obvious.

'02