Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We are tied for first place in our division

Say what you want but we are in FIRST place right now. Ill enjoy it for now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Also if Tenn losses to the Colts Sunday we will still be in first place, win or loss to the Pats. 

The Colts vs Jaguars game in two weeks could be the first big game for Gus as the Jaguars coach

Not really. If the clots won and we lost, we'd be in second place as the clots would have a division win.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:At first glance, this thread epitomized premature hope, which is why I immediately drew the parallel to 1995.

But now I am beginning to wonder if it IS actually premature, or is the hope legitimate?

Looking at the next three weeks, we see the following matchups in the division:

Week 3

Indy (0-2) at Tennessee (1-1)

Jaguars (1-1) at New England (2-0)

Tampa (1-1) at Houston (0-2)

Week 4

Jaguars at Indy

Houston at Atlanta

Tennessee IDLE

Week 5

Colts at Texans

Jaguars at Tampa

Bills at Tennessee

Week 6

Texans at Jaguars

Dolphins at Tennessee

Patriots at Colts

If we go by the proverbial "conventional wisdom," the Jaguars will lose to New England and Indy the next couple of weeks, putting us at 1-3.

The same "conventional wisdom" will have Indy beating Tennessee in week 3, and Houston beating Tampa, and the Colts beating the Texans in week 5.

Tampa is certainly a winnable game for us, and at this point, it's looking like Houston is winnable, too, while Indy can certainly lose at home to New England.

What we could see after 6 weeks in the standings:

Jaguars (3-3)

Colts (3-3)

Tacks (2-3 or 1-4 depending upon the Dolphins game)

Texans (3-3 or 1-5)

Even assuming a worst case scenario for the Jaguars where we lose to Tampa and Houston, 1-5 still only has us, at most, 2 games out.

But at this point, 3-3 is doable for the Jaguars.

Aside from complete dominance over the rest of the NFL, Jaguars fans would certainly settle for hope going into mid to late October.

It's looking possible we'll have that hope.

As ye olde cynic I'm waiting to see how we play against the pats before I see anything better than 1-5.

We looked much better against Miami but Poor against the Panthers so you have to ask which is the anomaly

Given the last 3 years and a mounting injury pile you have to assume Miami was the anomaly.

That being said if we play well against the pats even if we lose but keep it close I will be far more positive.

Pats are the better side but they have weaknesses... Not sold on their interior d line or secondary.

Quote:I was at that game...
Me too.

Great times.

Always good to beat the Steelers.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:[Image: 12004148_10204622627860862_7863756495959...e=56A55DA8]
Goat lol!! Bruh in the Hilton jersey tho lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!