Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF Grades

Quote:Here is my guess. Some low paid (or unpaid) internet guy does the initial grade based on just his own opinion. Likely why the grades are so out of whack from what everyone saw. Then a few more sets of eyeballs watch the game and they adjust the grade according.

What I find funny is how many people treat PFF grades like they are some actual statistic instead of what they actually are. One person's (or a handful at best) opinion.

I think the change came after more people gave an opinion, but I would bet that everyone who grades things for PFF is paid about the same for their opinion.

My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: oeYfobh.png]

[Image: ox2pJLA.png]

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

How does Aluu Aluuu get a grade of 1.0 on offense and Hurns get 0.4?

Quote:[Image: oeYfobh.png]

[Image: ox2pJLA.png]
So our Defense held the Dolphins to like 50 yards rushing. And our MLB, Nose Tackle, 3-tech DT, Backup Nose Tackle, and LEO all played poorly against the run????????

Tell me how this makes sense?

They're too nice to Poz...

Quote:So our Defense held the Dolphins to like 50 yards rushing. And our MLB, Nose Tackle, 3-tech DT, Backup Nose Tackle, and LEO all played poorly against the run????????

Well clearly you don't know football and what it is you are watching.

Why don't you just watch reruns of Gilmore girls, and let the real men handle this football thing.

Well all fill you in as necessary...

:-p

Linder had a bad PFF grade and then got injured in practice? BUST! Cut him now! 

<strong> :whistling:<span style="color:#008080;"><strong><span style="color:#008080;"><strong>
</strong></strong></span></strong></span>

'02

Quote:How does Aluu Aluuu get a grade of 1.0 on offense and Hurns get 0.4?

The "ratings" section is an enigma.  Not well defined, not well measured.  Sure, sometimes it seems to "fit" what your eyes tell you.  Other times not.  Which, pretty much tells you to take it with a grain of salt.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:So our Defense held the Dolphins to like 50 yards rushing. And our MLB, Nose Tackle, 3-tech DT, Backup Nose Tackle, and LEO all played poorly against the run????????

Sometimes it seems like the Top Gear scoring system, but without the fun.

Quote:The "ratings" section is an enigma.  Not well defined, not well measured.  Sure, sometimes it seems to "fit" what your eyes tell you.  Other times not.  Which, pretty much tells you to take it with a grain of salt.
Aye a massive barrel of sea salt more like it.As Aaron Levenstein said "Statistics are like bikinis,what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital"

Quote:How does Aluu Aluuu get a grade of 1.0 on offense and Hurns get 0.4?
I think its the formula they use, where Tyson Alualu only was on offense for three snaps & one pass thrown in his direction, one catch, and how much postive yards after the catch as well as distance.  Then he blocked twice on run plays I guess (i didnt remeber seeing that though).

Where as Hurns I think had one drop, etc.

Grades changed again

[Image: v4ykG7i.png]

[Image: qAwU4xq.png]

As for the people wondering why the grades change

https://www.profootballfocus.com/about/how-we-grade/

Quote:Grades changed again

[Image: v4ykG7i.png]

[Image: qAwU4xq.png]

Bennett -0.2, Miller -0.8, Chris Smith -1.1, Abry Jones -0.7, Alualu -1.0, Clemons -0.7, Poz -1.7.

Maybe I just dreamed that the Jags held the fish RBs to 1.6 yards per carry.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

PFF is such a joke
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2015, 10:20 PM by Vino.)

Just because the defense as a whole did a good job stopping the run doesn't mean those players specifically were good.

Quote:Just because the defense as a whole did a good job stopping the run doesn't mean those players specifically were good.

I can see a player or two being below average. But four out of seven in-the-box defenders playing below average and our leading tackler grading out at an abysmal -1.7? Could just three players out of seven hold the fish to an average of 2.6 yards per carry while the other four stunk it up? Only thanks to three runs for 17 yards by Tannehill was it even that high, and they were pass plays that broke down and shouldn't even be included in run defense stats(maybe they weren't).

I guess the only explanation is that the fish RBs must have been tripping over their own feet all game. Funny the announcers didn't mention that.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Some interesting pass blocking and run play numbers on Lee and Clay. Confirms that for the defense is unlikely that the call is a run if they are in. Interesting to see if that continues as the season progresses.

Even looking at the overall run D score they're at a -2.8 for a defense that held the Dolphins to 1.6 ypc. How does a team utterly dominating in run defense end up getting a big negative score by PFF in that area? Meanwhile, the same defense scores a huge 8.1 for their pass defense
(pass rush and pass coverage combined)
 despite Tannehill only taking two sacks and posting a 108.0 qb rating.

'02

Quote:Grades changed again

This would be a facial to all those who skewered me for Joeckel grading higher than Parnell.

He did.  Until they arbitrarily decided to change it.

Quote:Even looking at the overall run D score they're at a -2.8 for a defense that held the Dolphins to 1.6 ypc. How does a team utterly dominating in run defense end up getting a big negative score by PFF in that area? Meanwhile, the same defense scores a huge 8.1 for their pass defense
(pass rush and pass coverage combined)
 despite Tannehill only taking two sacks and posting a 108.0 qb rating.

Hmm. Maybe they just mixed up the run a pass rush columns. That would make a lot more sense.