Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Drob to miss several weeks

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 11:09 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:What off week?

I'm just counting the couple of extra days from the Thursday night finale to week one as a "week". I'm thinking he'll be back within 3 weeks.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeah really taking it to the house there. Made one guy miss and then ran straight into another one.

Good job reading your post.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'm just counting the couple of extra days from the Thursday night finale to week one as a "week". I'm thinking he'll be back within 3 weeks.

Ahh, gotcha. I agree, about 3 weeks sounds right.

Quote:Good job reading your post.

I guess me and you have a different idea of what being elusive in the open field is. Making 1 guy miss and then running straight into another tackler isn't elusive to me.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We've changed Robinson's injury status from "week to week" to "out indefinitely." MCL sprains can last a month or longer when they're severe. On Monday, Shoelace "wouldn't estimate" how much time he'll miss. The Jaguars will likely have to sign a free agent running back this week. In the meantime, impressive rookie T.J. Yeldon will operate as a high-volume every-down back.

It doesnt sound like we will see D-rob play again this year.

Is that a rotoworld blurb or something? I don't see why we would have to sign another RB. There are 4 other on the roster. They went heavy at that position already. 

Quote:Yeah bro and so far Yeldon to me is kinda meh. 2 games in he averaging 3.3 yards per carry with a long of 14 yards behind a supposedly better O line. That's not setting the world on fire. He doesn't look to have break away speed or shiftiness to elude tacklers on the second level. Freddy T and MJD had the look of something special right out of the gate. I'm not seeing that so far with Yeldon. Yes he's had a couple of nice tough runs, but an average back will do that. RB position is the one position that's supposed to translate the fastest going from college to the pros and IMO he so far isn't looking like a special player. Just because he was drafted high that doesn't automatically mean he's a great player. Matt Jones who was drafted after him is tearing it up in DC. I hope I'm wrong about him because I want he to be good, but so far I'm not seeing it.

Indeed Matt Jones went off on the Rams, but that's no reason to give up on Yeldon. I've been impressed with his ability to get yards even when there's virtually no blocking in front of him. I know the Redskins ran all over the Dolphins, but that's still a stout run D with Sue in there. The Panthers likewise have a good run D. I can totally see Yeldon having a field day if they actually block for him and use him like a feature back.

'02

Quote:Is that a rotoworld blurb or something? I don't see why we would have to sign another RB. There are 4 other on the roster. They went heavy at that position already. 

Agreed with Peirce and Grant in there why sign, plus Toby will eventually be back in a couple weeks.

If anything I would use that for a WR seeing how they are using them more than the TEs.

Quote:Grant landed on the 53 Man Roster to be an kick returner first and a RB second. If it depended on his RB skills, he would'nt on the 53 Man Roster...

Yes he has plenty of speed to burn but remember that he went undrafted w/all that speed. He's more suited for the returner position but I do admit that if you give him 6' hole, he's an blurr...

Toby will get you short yardage All Day 4-5 yards per. Cory, not so much...

NH3...

Corey might give you 50 yards on any given play. Toby, not so much.

Also Toby rarely gets even 4 to 5 yards. His gift is getting you 2 to 3 yards when you really need it.

As for TJ, his average is already 3.3 only two games in against stout defenses. I can see him improving on that a bit as the game starts to slow down for him.

'02

Quote:1-15

Look at you big guy! You'll be able to count to 100 before you know it.

Quote:We just used our pick at the top of the second round to draft one of the top running backs in the draft. It's two games in and Yeldon has already shown a lot to like, and you're talking about burning another early round draft pick on a running back next year? Do you even football, bro?
the Rams said what. Tre Mason and Todd Gurley will be a deadly duo if they can both stay healthy. Depending on how Yeldon plays and where we pick and whos on the board, if you have a guy like Ezekiel Elliot still on the board you have to look at it

I bet D-Rob is back by week 7 and Gerhart is back a week or two before that.  Just my guesstimate. 

Grant and Pierce can hold down the C.O.P. and sellback duty until then, but the major drag is that Gerhart and Shoelace were looking dangerous in preseason and had the reps with the ones working plays designed for them specifically.  Plugging different guys into those carved out roles will likely produce lesser results.  

Hope this team can get healthier soon. 

Olson says he feels TJ Yeldon is ready to handle 20 carries in games. Maybe more, depending on how game goes....

Toby is likely to play as TJ Yeldon's backup in D-Rob's absence he'll probably get at least five carries (maybe)

Hopefully Grant will get a couple, Peirce seems disappointing to me.

I wonder if Denard just can't handle an NFL beating.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

It looks like the Toby "the Albino Rhino" Gerhart will be active for the Patriots game.

With TJ finally warmed up, this will be our first glimpse of a TJ and Toby one-two punch. TJ should get the bulk of the carries, but Toby is expected to come in for short-yardage plays and on third downs. Pierce and Grant probably only get a few carries each. If the Jaguars have to convert on third and one, for instance, expect Toby to line up behind Alualu.

'02

I wonder what happened to the sports hernia.

Quote:I wonder what happened to the sports hernia.

It sounds like they feared a hernia could develop, but it never actually did.

'02

Denard is listed as doubtful for Sunday. I'll take that as good news.