Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I thought Yeldon ran very well

I hated to see yeldon run into a defender on 2 and short only to lose yards. Hopefully he'll hAve better weeks and improve with more reps.

He's on pace for a thousand yards after 2 games. The other backs keep.dropping like flies. I hope he can play in 14 more games

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He looks good he made a lot of yards on his own. The blocking on undercenter runs was really poor but made good yardage in the gun. We hit a lot of big passes and they just kept blitzing and stuffing the box.

No pain, no gain.

Yeldon always seems to find tiny creases and pick up a few extra yards when it looks like there is nowhere to go. One of these runs he is gonna break off a long one.

Quote:The most impressive thing I saw was how he turned -2 yard plays into +2 yard plays. Unfortunately that does not look good on the stat line but it was impressive.

This. He got a lot of yards that weren't really there.

Quote:I know from a statistical, yards-per-carry standpoint, it's not good, but those were some of the toughest 70 yards you'll see a running back pick up.  It seemed like play after play, he had no room to run, but would still get three or four yards out of absolutely nothing, and they were timely, valuable yards.  It helped us get into a better position on third down, rather than constantly being third and long, which might've been the case last year in the same situation without Yeldon.

Having said that, am still a Shoelace fan, like the component he gives us with his speed.  Together, Yeldon and Shoelace are sort of a "thunder and lightning" duo.  Anyone know the extent of his injury?

I think Miami was very proud of its Run Defense so they were forcing the Jaguars to defeat them via the Passing game (thinking the poor oline, young QB, and young WRs couldnt do it), but they were wrong as they threw up 200 passing yards and two TDs in the first half.  Part of the west coast Offense scheme OC Olson is running is to throw early and run later in the game tiring out the Defense (in case of a come back) and killing the game clock.

I love Yeldon's cuts especially inside for not being a huge guy he runs like a fb at times.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Weldon looked good from what I saw. A lot of his runs looked like he was going to get stopped for a loss or no gain, but he managed to turn nothing into something a lot.

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996

DRob appears to hit the holes before they close.

Yeldon has that delay step that is not accommodating for a hole that closes quickly.  Yeldon's patience is better suited for an established OLine that needs a few seconds to open holes. Laveon Bell & Fred Taylor have that same delay whereas Emmit Smith was more of a downhill runner that hit the hole quickly.

Yeldon = Fred Taylor :thumbsup:

DRob = Emmit :thumbsup:

..... just stating the obvious :thanks: