Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Too early to call Linder elite?

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 04:30 AM by Jerrad.)

Quote:He doesn't quite fall under the Elite category yet IMO. Needs to make a couple Pro bowls first...
He will never make a Pro Bowl playing in Jacksonville. We had Fred Taylor, an elite RB, get snubbed in favor of inferior players for years. We went 11-5 in 2007 and had zero players voted into the Pro Bowl.

Screw the voters, media, pundits and opposing fans. As long as Linder keeps mauling defensive linemen and keeping Bortles clean, we will know what we have and he will paid handsomely and remain a Jag for a long time. Excellent pick by Caldwell, probably his best to date.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I disagree, when it comes to ProBowl Voting for Offensive lineman (sadly) a lot of times it depends on how successful that offense is (if you keep Peyton safe for example people will vote for an average OLineman more than a very good one that say guards a below average QB like Bortles was last year).

If Blake lights up the Patriots and throws for 400 yards and 4 TDs and continues to do that this season, and Linder plays better than his rookie year ( I can guarantee he'll make the ProBowl) but if those things dont happen I think his chances are slim of making it.

Quote:I hate calling players elite, but man.... Brandon Linder is always always really good in every game from week 1 of last year.

By the way, I haven't seen much love for Zane Beadles.... I barely remember him even playing this week, which is probably a really good sign.
Beadles had the highest PFF grade on the team last week

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I think we have a team with several potential Pro Bowlers with Linder leading the charge but until we take the league by the throat and slam it against a wall I'm afraid they will stay under the radar
A good loser is a good loser

Quote:He will never make a Pro Bowl playing in Jacksonville. We had Fred Taylor, an elite RB, get snubbed in favor of inferior players for years. We went 11-5 in 2007 and had zero players voted into the Pro Bowl.

Screw the voters, media, pundits and opposing fans. As long as Linder keeps mauling defensive linemen and keeping Bortles clean, we will know what we have and he will paid handsomely and remain a Jag for a long time. Excellent pick by Caldwell, probably his best to date.

I disagree.

Count the Jaguars' Pro Bowlers in 1999:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/te...l-pros.htm

That's 8 Pro Bowlers in 1999. 

It's all based on having a consistently winning team.  Win consistently, and we will have plenty of guys elected to the Pro Bowl.  

Did anyone notice who Wiz was holding on the calls against him? The likely candidate would be Suh but I haven't watch the game again.

I'm beginning to despise that word...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 09:35 AM by Joe.)

Yes, too early.

I love Linder, but I remember a game last year (or maybe the year before) where Austin Paztor "shut down" JJ Watt.

He's good right now, on his way to The Word Which Should Not Be Said one day, if he keeps it up.

Remember what happened when they called Luck elite too fast?

I would say of Linder he is a very promising guard for the Jags and has great potential to be among the elite guards of the NFL.

Quote:Remember what happened when they called Luck elite too fast?
Or Derek Cox.

I'm not going to call him elite just yet, but he's Dave's best draft pick so far.

-Pre-Med student

-Future Physician, hoping to specialize in Emergency Medicine or Hematology

-Jags fan since May 24, 1996