Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
BB5's Footwork and Pocket Prescence...

Quote:Yea. We didn't see nearly as many long out routes. Lots of great downfield throws.

Still too many drops for my liking and bad penalties (like the Parnell hands to the face after a great 3rd down conversion)
That hands to the face penalty was Bogus at best. On the replay it clearly showed No Hands to the face of the defender. Simply another one of those "They, the referees, Don't Like Us" scenarios.  Conspiracy.  I personally don't feel this way but is sure sometimes feels that way...

NH3...

"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 01:20 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:That hands to the face penalty was Bogus at best. On the replay it clearly showed No Hands to the face of the defender. Simply another one of those "They, the referees, Don't Like Us" scenarios.  Conspiracy.  I personally don't feel this way but is sure sometimes feels that way...

NH3...
I feel this way every home game, but its not as much of a bad feeling when its an away game.  I always say the home team gets the 50/50 calls for the advantage but every home game we play feels like an away game.   I have watched too many games to feel that any explanation is acceptable with all of the bad calls and blown calls we get at home games.  I hate it and feel like if we could just complain in some form about it, it would improve but until we start winning consistently and the league fears embarrassment with the media and fans watching us in primetime, it wont change.  Every game is reviewed and there's no excuse to have calls in each game that are an utter disgrace to the rules of the NFL.  I can rant for days about this but just know, I FEEL YA.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:Like I said.  The trail of tears crowd is now forced to live in the shoulda, woulda, coulda domain.  They can't be happy with a win.  They must find something to grind over. 

FYI, how many actual picks did Bortles throw? 

Go curl up in the fetal position in a corner and wait for next Sunday.  Get plenty of rest in the hope the Jags lose next week so you'll be able to spring into action.
LOL... That was a Well Placed\Deserved kick...

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:I feel this way every home game, but its not as much of a bad feeling when its an away game.  I always say the home team gets the 50/50 calls for the advantage but every home game we play feels like an away game.   I have watched too many games to feel that any explanation is acceptable with all of the bad calls and blown calls we get at home games.  I hate it and feel like if we could just complain in some form about it, it would improve but until we start winning consistently and the league fears embarrassment with the media and fans watching us in primetime, it wont change.  Every game is reviewed and there's no excuse to have calls in each game that are an utter disgrace to the rules of the NFL.  I can rant for days about this but just know, I FEEL YA.
Yeah, I don't like them playing w/my emotions...  Wallbash

NH3...

"AZANE"

Quote:A more appropriate mocking nickname would be Byron Bortles because Leftwich was a guy who was always looking down the field trying to make a play as he waited for his snail-like receivers to get open. Bortles has the physicality and mobility of Garrard with the football IQ of Leftwich, in addition to having the ability to transform his mechanics, which Byron refused to do.

Last week the trail of tears crowd was declaring him a bust. They've been eerily silent since around 7:30 last night.
Ya know I used to say that the perfect QB back in that era would to blend David's athletic ability with Byron's football IQ.  I did not notice that in Blake until your post

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I feel this way every home game, but its not as much of a bad feeling when its an away game.  I always say the home team gets the 50/50 calls for the advantage but every home game we play feels like an away game.   I have watched too many games to feel that any explanation is acceptable with all of the bad calls and blown calls we get at home games.  I hate it and feel like if we could just complain in some form about it, it would improve but until we start winning consistently and the league fears embarrassment with the media and fans watching us in primetime, it wont change.  Every game is reviewed and there's no excuse to have calls in each game that are an utter disgrace to the rules of the NFL.  I can rant for days about this but just know, I FEEL YA.
I am right there with you.  We got called for a pick, granted it was blatant but just watch the uncalled picks this week

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I'm sorry but him throwing picks sixes is not an anomaly whatsoever by any way shape or means

he should have been picked off yesterday too in a ball he literally threw right to the guy which had blockers in front of him possibly meaning another pick 6

Don't know if you have watched much of Andrew Luck but he makes bad throws like this all the time. Young QBs make bad throws, better than ultra conservative play

Quote:When he side stepped the lineman and threw that bomb to AR for a TD, wow, that was a thing of beauty. We haven't had anyone who could do that in a long time.

not since Garrard

Quote:Don't know if you have watched much of Andrew Luck but he makes bad throws like this all the time. Young QBs make bad throws, better than ultra conservative play

Exactly, the difference is that they let him run the show and he slings the ball all over the place. They live and die by him. This year they are dying lol.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 04:40 PM by NH3.)

Quote:Don't know if you have watched much of Andrew Luck but he makes bad throws like this all the time. Young QBs make bad throws, better than ultra conservative play

Agreed... As an NFL QB, you're bound to give up a Pic6. You just have to keep it at a minimum...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:A more appropriate mocking nickname would be Byron Bortles because Leftwich was a guy who was always looking down the field trying to make a play as he waited for his snail-like receivers to get open. Bortles has the physicality and mobility of Garrard with the football IQ of Leftwich, in addition to having the ability to transform his mechanics, which Byron refused to do.

Another trait he shares with Byron is the ability to throw to a spot where either a receiver is getting it or it will fall incomplete. You don't see him throwing pass after pass out of bounds or over everyone's head just to get rid of it. He has the ability to actually see the entire field -- something Gabbert never had -- and he'll find the guy getting open downfield. He also has Byron's ability to sense pressure without having to look at the pass rush, although unlike Byron his release is quick enough that he doesn't have balls batted out of his hands or knocked down. Also much like Byron is the textbook arc he puts on his passes and the touch on his deep ball ball, except Blake also has touch on his short and mid-range passes that Byron lacked.

That said, he doesn't quite have Byron's textbook spiral as Blake's passes do kinda wobble. Another offseason with House might correct that. Also his tendency to throw pick sixes on his mid-range passes make me think he sometimes doesn't see defenders closer in as he's focusing deeper.

As for his mobility, I'm impressed although it's not quite where Garrard was with his legs. It's more about where Brunell was back before his leg injuries, but that's not bad at all. Garrard, though, would run circles around defenders.

'02

Quote:Yeah, I never understood the "Blaine Bortles" put down. Bortles doesn't curl up in a fetal position when faced with a pass rush.

Precisely. Who was that claimed last week he looked "shell shocked." That's an absolutely ridiculous and unfair take.

'02

Anyone else notice Bortles is throwing off his back foot more in the regular season than in the preseason?  I've also noticed his wind up is medium, compared to his short delivery in the preseason and long in college/rookie year.  As a result some balls are sailing on receivers, esp in the endzone.

If he takes another step with mechanics in week 3 from week 2, like he did in week 2 from week 1 - I'll be silent on the topic.  

I'm still not buying this. In both home games there were a few bad calls that went the Jaguars way as well. I think fans tend to harbor ill feeling toward the bad calls that go against their team while managing to conveniently forget calls in their team's favor, and I'm sure that's true to every fan base.

'02

Quote:Anyone else notice Bortles is throwing off his back foot more in the regular season than in the preseason?  I've also noticed his wind up is medium, compared to his short delivery in the preseason and long in college/rookie year.  As a result some balls are sailing on receivers, esp in the endzone.

If he takes another step with mechanics in week 3 from week 2, like he did in week 2 from week 1 - I'll be silent on the topic.  

I think it's natural for any player to regress toward bad habits in the heat of the action. Blake is being accused above of staring down receivers. I didn't see as much, but if they did than ok, but he certainly was not doing that in the preseason either. I do think he's learned quite a bit, but some things might not yet be completely drilled into his body (and/or mind) memory. I'm sure he's constantly noting to himself about such corrections as he watches tape, and that he'll only get better.

'02