Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
things to beat the patriots next Sunday..

I see some posts about how many yards/points the Patriots gave up to Taylor. Remember, aside from that first drive in the 1st quarter, and mid/late during the 4th quarter when all they could do was throw the ball to try and come back from the huge hole they found themselves in early, he wasn't doing much. If Brady wasn't looking for the knockout punch so often in the 4th quarter, Bills don't even get the positions to mount that "comeback."

Now, the fact they gave up those big plays concerns me, but if you are just heaving the ball down the field, and he got picked as well, so doing that every down will hurt you in the long run, but if you are all pass late in the game, chances are you are losing anyway, so those numbers can mount when it really doesn't matter. I was really never worried late in that game we would lose. It was more angry that they were allowing it.

Same with week 1 in Pittsburgh. Those late numbers and score really were not indicative of the way the game as a whole was played.

I don't expect the Patriots to give up points like that this week late in the game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If our defense can come up with some key stops like they did against NE, we could stand a chance. We all know NE's secondary is complete trash, and I think our only hope to beat them is to out score them with a few key defensive stops. 

That being said, we're going to get destroyed which is ok. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:If only Jimmy Garropolo was starting..

So aim for Brady's knees?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I'm assuming you are half joking, but the secondary for the pats isn't that good. ARob can have another big day. If we can have better success on the ground and use play action, we can score some points. Also good to see Lee escape the game without injury. We have a chance. I just think we should play balls to the wall and be aggressive. Also, we need to have two separate game plans on offense for 1st and 2nd half. So whatever pats adjust to at halftime will be pointless.

Was that you in the Times-Union photo listing of people at the EverBank pools on Sunday? 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2015, 12:46 PM by BrownianMotion.)

Quote:If our defense can come up with some key stops like they did against NE, we could stand a chance. We all know NE's secondary is complete trash, and I think our only hope to beat them is to out score them with a few key defensive stops. 

The secondary is not complete trash.

Malcolm Butler was fairly competitive with the best WR in the game in week 1. Brown had good stats, but Butler was in good position for the most part. Antonio Brown had a much better game against the 49ers last week than he did against NE. In week 2 vs Buffalo, Butler only gave up one reception, and that was when he was forced to cover two guys at once. 

Tarrell Brown has been solid. McCourty is a top 5 FS. Chung is a good run stopping SS, and Harmon comes in when we roll out the Big Nickel or Big Dime (3 safeties) package. Harmon has good range and pretty good ball skills (he has two INTs this season.)

The weak link is Fletcher. The guy sucked in Philly and continues to suck in NE. He will almost certainly get burned if you go deep on him.

Quote:Patriots fan here. No troll and no disrespect given.

I like to come to the opposing team's forum each week and see how the other half view the game. I do think the Patriots will win, but I am worried about that secondary giving up the big play. Also, Brady is on a mission, and I'm worried he may get too carried away, like he did with Buffalo, and go far the big play too often. Patriots left a couple TDs at least on the board, and certainly got out of their gameplan late to let Buffalo score in the 4th.

At this point in the season, there is no team I'm aware of that can stop the Patriots' offense. As long as Brady, Gronk, Lewis, and Edelman stay healthy, and if Chandler can get his hands 1/2 as good as Gronk, I just don't see that offense missing a beat, unless they beat themselves.

Having said that, every team is going to want to go out there and be the first to beat them, so they always have that to worry about. But I'd be lying if I said it will be an almost unsurmountable task for Jaguars to go into Foxboro and come out with the W.

But I do wish you guys luck. Any true fan of any team gets my respect and although I want to beat you on Sunday, if you win, I'd be the first to come back and say good game.

I know I may hear about "cheaters" and PSI and such... but I'll roll with the punches. My only pre-comment on that would be to look at the numbers for the last three games Brady has played with regulation footballs. Insane. They are off to a faster start than the 2007 16-0 team. But this isn't the AFC East, so I probably won't have to worry about that too much here... I'm hoping Smile
Welcome to the board. We are a very young in a total rebuild process of our team, Young and hungry.  This is a great chance to see just where we stand with the best the NFL can throw at us. Lets hope of a great game with no injuries and world class football.

Quote:Sacrifice something of real value to a certain red, horned, pitchfork carrying figure who resides in a very very hot place.

Lmbbjdo

Wink
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Whatever.

Exactly. #HolierThanThou
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:Welcome to the board. We are a very young in a total rebuild process of our team, Young and hungry.  This is a great chance to see just where we stand with the best the NFL can throw at us. Lets hope of a great game with no injuries and world class football.

Thanks!

Buffalo banned me for life from their board, same with Ravens... just for engaging in discussion. Colts forum was great, and I even was in chat last night with them since I was rooting for Colts to win that one. That won't be the case on Oct 18.... Smile but often strange bedfellows can occur from week to week.

I'll be rooting for you guys probably 4-5 times this year, just not this week!

Quote:Thanks!

Buffalo banned me for life from their board, same with Ravens... just for engaging in discussion. Colts forum was great, and I even was in chat last night with them since I was rooting for Colts to win that one. That won't be the case on Oct 18.... Smile but often strange bedfellows can occur from week to week.

I'll be rooting for you guys probably 4-5 times this year, just not this week!

Quite honestly, I don't think you'll receive much hate here because alot of our current board members focus all their hate on the team they claim to be a fan of. Your first post did come off as a tad bit self serving. It was interesting however to hear about the other sides' concerns going into the game though. A bortles vs. Brady shootout could happen. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:The secondary is not complete trash.

Malcolm Butler was fairly competitive with the best WR in the game in week 1. Brown had good stats, but Butler was in good position for the most part. Antonio Brown had a much better game against the 49ers last week than he did against NE. In week 2 vs Buffalo, Butler only gave up one reception, and that was when he was forced to cover two guys at once. 

Tarrell Brown has been solid. McCourty is a top 5 FS. Chung is a good run stopping SS, and Harmon comes in when we roll out the Big Nickel or Big Dime (3 safeties) package. Harmon has good range and pretty good ball skills (he has two INTs this season.)

The weak link is Fletcher. The guy sucked in Philly and continues to suck in NE. He will almost certainly get burned if you go deep on him.

Weak secondary. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I'm more concerned with the Pats offense which seems to be rolling downhill the first two weeks of the season.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Weak secondary. 

Weaker than last year, yes. But outside of Fletcher, everyone in the secondary is solid.

On the other hand, the front 7 is much better than previous years at generating a pass rush. It Ranks #1 in the NFL with 11 sacks, and it is also near the top of the league in QB hurries.

Quote:I see some posts about how many yards/points the Patriots gave up to Taylor. Remember, aside from that first drive in the 1st quarter, and mid/late during the 4th quarter when all they could do was throw the ball to try and come back from the huge hole they found themselves in early, he wasn't doing much. If Brady wasn't looking for the knockout punch so often in the 4th quarter, Bills don't even get the positions to mount that "comeback."

Now, the fact they gave up those big plays concerns me, but if you are just heaving the ball down the field, and he got picked as well, so doing that every down will hurt you in the long run, but if you are all pass late in the game, chances are you are losing anyway, so those numbers can mount when it really doesn't matter. I was really never worried late in that game we would lose. It was more angry that they were allowing it.

Same with week 1 in Pittsburgh. Those late numbers and score really were not indicative of the way the game as a whole was played.

I don't expect the Patriots to give up points like that this week late in the game.

He threw 3 picks and it was still an 8 point game.  If Brady didn't blah, blah, blah.  What does that have to do with Tyrod throwing for 3 TD's and rushing for another.  Does Brady play defense?  One thing it shows is you didn't put your opponent away twice.  

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2015, 02:28 PM by jtmoney.)

Quote:If our defense can come up with some key stops like they did against NE, we could stand a chance. We all know NE's secondary is complete trash, and I think our only hope to beat them is to out score them with a few key defensive stops. 

Our defense?  You dropped this team week 1.  What do you mean OUR defense?  Lol really?  You quit on this team.  In fact, you wanted them to move the entire franchise after 1 game.  Do you have the memory of a gold fish?  

AnyGivenSunday after week 1: "Yeah, this is the same Jags every single year. I'm done with this team.  Meanwhile, Mariota throws 4 TD's with a subpar receiving corp? Move to London, LA, or San Diego... I'll pay attention to the Sharks, who knows what it's like to win something."

The pope is in the US...He supports the poor ( win column ), the downtrodden ( record over last 5 years) ...so maybe, someone can give him a shout and put a pox on the Pats?

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Our defense?  You dropped this team week 1.  What do you mean OUR defense?  Lol really?  You quit on this team.  Do you have the memory of a gold fish?  

AnyGivenSunday after week 1: "Yeah, this is the same Jags every single year. I'm done with this team.  Meanwhile, Mariota throws 4 TD's with a subpar receiving corp? Move to London, LA, or San Diego... I'll pay attention to the Sharks, who knows what it's like to win something."
Ouch!!   Wallbash  :whistling:

Blakes Life Matters

This is how we win...

[Image: brady1.jpg]

Quote:Ouch!!   Wallbash  :whistling:

If you are going to act like a spoiled rotten child than you should be called out on it.  I'm sure he would love for that to get swept under the rug.

Quote:He threw 3 picks and it was still an 8 point game.  If Brady didn't blah, blah, blah.  What does that have to do with Tyrod throwing for 3 TD's and rushing for another.  Does Brady play defense?  One thing it shows is you didn't put your opponent away twice.  

If Brady and the Patriots calm down and not try to embarrass Bills, Tyrod doesn't get those possessions late in the game to mount that almost comeback. That type of play was a bit uncharacteristic of the Patriots. But Brady is going for blood all downs this year. The score at halftime was indicative of the actual game, not what happened in garbage time. Yeah, Bills made some plays late and if they had to keep throwing down field, I think you'd see more INTs on Tyrod's part.

Emotion I think got to Brady. Bills should have had maybe 21, and Pats at least double that. I DO NOT APOLOGIZE for a win, BTW. I'll take a 1 point win. I'm simply saying that Bills don't get all those possessions late in a game if not for Brady taking the big chance to stick it to Rex.