Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Josh Norman admits to eye gouging Hurns

This stuff is awful, but it does happen all the time.

It's just unusual for someone admitting it and volunteering that information.

At the same time, it's nearly impossible for the NFL to regulate.  Most of it's happening inside a pile referees can't witness.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This stuff is awful, but it does happen all the time.

It's just unusual for someone admitting it and volunteering that information.

At the same time, it's nearly impossible for the NFL to regulate.  Most of it's happening inside a pile referees can't witness.
And if they enforced breaking up the pile more quickly (i.e., unsportsmanlike conduct penalty if you don't immediately disengage from the pile the second the ref grabs you), it would reduce this stuff.

If Norman was really "gouging his eyes" and it's as bad as it sounds, wouldn't Hurns have suffered serious damage?

It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to actually blind someone. I didn't see Hurns come out of the pile holding his eyes or rolling on the ground like he was in serious pain.

Quote:And if they enforced breaking up the pile more quickly (i.e., unsportsmanlike conduct penalty if you don't immediately disengage from the pile the second the ref grabs you), it would reduce this stuff.
But if you are in the midst of a pile going after a loose football, how can you discern whether the person pulling you off is the ref or another player?

For that matter, what if the ball is still loose and possession as yet to be established?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Whos eyes was it then or is he just a friggin mental case?

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>[Image: lptJhFF0_normal.jpeg]</a>
<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>Michael DiRocco</a> [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco'>@ESPNdirocco</a>
Jaguars WR Allen Hurns says Carolina CB Josh Norman couldnt poke him in eye. He wears a face shield on his helmet. espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId…
</div>
</div>
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote: 

<div>[Image: lptJhFF0_normal.jpeg]
<div>
<div>Michael DiRocco [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]@ESPNdirocco
Jaguars WR Allen Hurns says Carolina CB Josh Norman couldnt poke him in eye. He wears a face shield on his helmet. espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId…
</div>
</div>

</div>

You can get your hand inside the facemask from underneath.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:If Norman was really "gouging his eyes" and it's as bad as it sounds, wouldn't Hurns have suffered serious damage?

It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard to actually blind someone. I didn't see Hurns come out of the pile holding his eyes or rolling on the ground like he was in serious pain.

Broseph, no one is accusing him here out of thin air. Norman admitted it himself. If you have a problem with the account of what happened take it up with your own player.

Quote:Broseph, no one is accusing him here out of thin air. Norman admitted it himself. If you have a problem with the account of what happened take it up with your own player.

I'm just saying it probably wasn't as bad as it sounds. People here are literally saying he should be arrested for assault.

Quote:I'm just saying it probably wasn't as bad as it sounds. People here are literally saying he should be arrested for assault.

And just as many if not more people are saying this is just a part of football.

The article I read says that Allen Hurns eyes are safe due to a visor that he wears during games, and his helment was not removed in the process (making many wonder what holes did the cornerback have his fingers in exactly)?!

Quote: 

<div>[Image: lptJhFF0_normal.jpeg]
<div>
<div>Michael DiRocco [Image: VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png]@ESPNdirocco
</div>
</div>

</div>

Quote:You can get your hand inside the facemask from underneath.

I'm starting to wonder about this story. They showed a clip of the fumble on jaguars.com the other day, and it looked like a clean recovery by the Panthers. I didn't notice any hands going at Hurns' facemask, and I certainly didn't see Hurns make the initial recovery.

Here's the play from nfl.com...
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...mbled-ball

'02

Norman fined 8681$ for taunting Bortles after his pick 6.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2015, 10:20 AM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:But if you are in the midst of a pile going after a loose football, how can you discern whether the person pulling you off is the ref or another player?

For that matter, what if the ball is still loose and possession as yet to be established?
Refs should be blowing their whistle while pulling gargantuan athletes off a pile for their own safety to begin with. I agree with the idea that the time allowed for a pile should be shorter. Someone is always gonna come up with the ball, and worst case scenario is we get to watch a good old fashioned tug of war between two guys who claim to have the ball simultaneously. That would have to be funny to watch I imagine.