Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ford Moving Forward with 2 Factories in Mexico

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-not-scra...39351.html

Thought this plan was scrapped last month (as reported on Jan 3, 2017) but it looks like Ford had decided to move forward with their factories in Mexico.

While the nationalist side in me would love to retain all jobs in the US, the compassionate side of me can appreciate spreading jobs globally so people can have the same opportunities that we were simply lucky enough to be "born" with.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-not-scrapping-plans-build-mexico-factories-company-021839351.html'>https://www.yahoo.com/news/ford-not-scrapping-plans-build-mexico-factories-company-021839351.html</a>

Thought this plan was scrapped last month (as reported on Jan 3, 2017) but it looks like Ford had decided to move forward with their factories in Mexico.

While the nationalist side in me would love to retain all jobs in the US, the compassionate side of me can appreciate spreading jobs globally so people can have the same opportunities that we were simply lucky enough to be "born" with.

This can't be right!

Fake news fake news

Funny how you thought this was a "ah ha" moment. These plants were already being built before Trump and have nothing to do with the Ford/Trump agreement haulting the new $1.7+billion dollar plant plans. Did you even read the entire article?
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:Funny how you thought this was a "ah ha" moment. These plants were already being built before Trump and have nothing to do with the Ford/Trump agreement haulting the new $1.7+billion dollar plant plans. Did you even read the entire article?

Actually, this wasn't an "ah ha" moment.  I thought, and I think it was portrayed last month, that Ford scrapping plans in Mexico to a much greater extent than it really is.  Nothing was mentioned last month that these plants will create 3,800 jobs in Mexico vs a plant which will create 700 jobs in Detroit -- which appeared to have been the plan all along.  

Sounds to me like Ford got the best of both worlds in the fact that last months news was 10x more publicized than last weeks confirmation about their future production (3,800 jobs) in Mexico.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/02/17/...after-all/

The above article states the Detroit plant was in the works all along.  

^^^ I'm not certain if that is true or not.

The fact of the matter is that many businesses had plans to bring jobs back before Trump took office. All the fuss about Trump bringing jobs back is a farce.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 01:21 PM by badger.)

Quote:The fact of the matter is that many businesses had plans to bring jobs back before Trump took office. All the fuss about Trump bringing jobs back is a farce.

So free trade is also a myth invented by Trump?  the guy is openly trying to reverse the results of free trade and NAFTA... plus he is openy anti-TPP.  This isnt made up stuff...

Quote:The fact of the matter is that many businesses had plans to bring jobs back before Trump took office. All the fuss about Trump bringing jobs back is a farce.
Were these decisions made based on Trump's pending election or well before? I'm seeing very few reports of growth and returning jobs to the US prior to elections.

Quote:Were these decisions made based on Trump's pending election or well before? I'm seeing very few reports of growth and returning jobs to the US prior to elections.
Being born with only ten fingers and toes isn't Trumps fault. Or maybe it is..... Is there something about it on PMSNBC yet?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Were these decisions made based on Trump's pending election or well before? I'm seeing very few reports of growth and returning jobs to the US prior to elections.

So theses multi-billion dollar businesses plan stuff based on Biff's Almanac? Do they take turns looking at it?

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 09:48 PM by Solid Snake.)

So busineses plan stuff based on Biff's Almanac? Do they take turns looking at it? They knew Trump would be president? How sway?

Quote:So busineses plan stuff based on Biff's Almanac? Do they take turns looking at it? They knew Trump would be president? How sway?

Can say that again...no wait, it was dumb the first time. We'll stop there McFly!

Lol I remember people were like, "Yep bringing back jobs in the US! WINNING!"

Now it's like, stupid NAFTA. Or, it was already being built! Can't be much done about that.