Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Public School Lunches

Looking at both articles, I'm sure the truth falls somewhere in the middle.  There is no way schools in Italy have that type of lunch served on a daily basis, its fluff material to make the lunches here look even worse.

I think the real reason kids are unhappy is because the lunches are healthier than they used to be and they'd rather go back to the old stuff, which a ton of people complained about as well.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

All I know is all the kids at Ponte Vedra High School hate Michelle Obama since she took Chick-Fil-A off the menu !!!

Quote:Looking at both articles, I'm sure the truth falls somewhere in the middle.  There is no way schools in Italy have that type of lunch served on a daily basis, its fluff material to make the lunches here look even worse.

I think the real reason kids are unhappy is because the lunches are healthier than they used to be and they'd rather go back to the old stuff, which a ton of people complained about as well.

Both of the articles that I originally posted with should be taken with a "grain of salt".  I have seen other articles regarding the "healthier lunches" being served, and again I don't know how much of it to believe.

I'm all for eating healthy and I do my best to make good choices.  However, if I was a parent and my child was being served tofu and soybeans, that's where I draw the line.  I grew up eating real meat for protein.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:All I know is all the kids at Ponte Vedra High School hate Michelle Obama since she took Chick-Fil-A off the menu !!!

LOL.  I love Chik-Fil-A.  I would be upset as well.   :yes:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

My dad was a elementary and middle school principal in Tennessee and Orange Park for nearly 40 years. He held a belief that a cafeteria serving good food was essential for maintaining a happy, productive student body. The meals at his schools, which included breakfast many of those years, were outstanding.

I attended his middle school, and the food was the only good thing about that situation.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:All I know is all the kids at Ponte Vedra High School hate Michelle Obama since she took Chick-Fil-A off the menu !!!
You guys got Chick-Fil-A?! No fair! All they gave us at Fletcher was cow slop, cardboard pizza with rubber cheese, chicken nuggets that looked and tasted like chicken...well, something else, and all the spoiled milk they could truck in from the local Publix.

Quote:You guys got Chick-Fil-A?! No fair! All they gave us at Fletcher was cow slop, cardboard pizza with rubber cheese, chicken nuggets that looked and tasted like chicken...well, something else, and all the spoiled milk they could truck in from the local Publix.

That sounds like a meal on a Navy aircraft carrier after being at sea for a few weeks.

Quote:That sounds like a meal on a Navy aircraft carrier after being at sea for a few weeks.
Fletcher is full of Navy brats...

"healthier"

That's quite a subjective, and loaded term.

Lest we forget the same people "fixing" the lunch program are those who wrecked it to begin with.

It was a false solution for the wrong problem to begin with.  School lunch wasn't the cause of childhood obesity.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Both of the articles that I originally posted with should be taken with a "grain of salt".  I have seen other articles regarding the "healthier lunches" being served, and again I don't know how much of it to believe.

I'm all for eating healthy and I do my best to make good choices.  However, if I was a parent and my child was being served tofu and soybeans, that's where I draw the line.  I grew up eating real meat for protein.
That's where choices come in. They can bring their lunch if they choose not to eat that.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:It was a false solution for the wrong problem to begin with.  School lunch wasn't the cause of childhood obesity.
But the more Michelle Obama is able to convince us that it was, the bigger Ronald's smile got.