Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
PFF GRADES FOR JAGUARS-LIONS

Quote:Sergio Brown has been better than I expected
Yeah it has been a pleasant suprise indeed.

Bortles had a really good game against the same Lions Defense that destroyed RG3 just a week before this game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I like Harbor a lot . He tends to get open pretty often. I wish he was a little more consistent with his hands though. 
Harbor would be awesome if he didnt drop all the passes that hit his hands, but he does get open a lot.

Suprised parnell wasnt high on the list. I've yet to see him come close to being outright beat on any pass play.

Quote:I like Harbor a lot . He tends to get open pretty often. I wish he was a little more consistent with his hands though. 
Yup always liked Harbor even when he was on the Eagles, dont know why Jedd hated him.

Brown is a great surprise and Bennett needs more PT

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Yeah it has been a pleasant suprise indeed.

Bortles had a really good game against the same Lions Defense that destroyed RG3 just a week before this game.

Blake Bortles was terrific against the Lions.  I give him all the props one can give a QB in a pre-season game.  But that wasn't the same Defense that RG3 saw the previous week.   The Lions were missing DE Ezekiel ' Ziggy'  Ansah and OLB DeAndre Levy against the Jags.   The way Bortles played,  it might not even have made a difference if they did play.  But those two plays make the Lions Defense a much better unit than when they are sidelined.  

Granted, and I would add that the Jaguars Defense didn't have to worry about MegaTron either.   I've said in other posts that I think (if they can remain healthy) the Lions have a really good chance of a strong Post Season this year.

Where as the Jaguars are fighting to go above .500 for once...

Quote:I wonder what Beadles grade was considering how awful he played.

DT Tyrunn Walker gave Zane Beadles plenty of problems in the running game.  Walker gave the Redskins fits the week before,  including the 5th pick in the 2015 Draft.  

As much as Luke Joeckel got criticized by some Jags fans,  I thought with the exception of a handful of plays that came very close together in the 2nd QTR,  Joeckel more than held his own.   On the other hand,  Beadles seemed to struggle more consistently.   Being that A.J. Cann had his share of problems with DT Jerel Worthy in the 4th QTR,  I don't think Cann is ready to challenge Beadles for the starting LG job.  

On the other side of the coin,  I thought the Jags got better starting Center and RT play than I recall seeing them get last season in any of their games that I watched.  

Quote:Suprised parnell wasnt high on the list. I've yet to see him come close to being outright beat on any pass play.

Gotta agree. There has been a few plays that I have paid attention to him that he has been flat out dominant.

Quote:Granted, and I would add that the Jaguars Defense didn't have to worry about MegaTron either.   I've said in other posts that I think (if they can remain healthy) the Lions have a really good chance of a strong Post Season this year.

Where as the Jaguars are fighting to go above .500 for once...

Staying healthy is always a major key in the NFL.   I've seen too many seasons that looked promising in the summer and even in much of the fall turn very ugly because of injuries.  Even one play can alter a season.   If the Lions can stay relatively healthy for the most part,   I'm hopeful that this will be a very good season. 

In terms of the pre-season game the other night,  both teams had a number of good players that sat out.   Unfortunately for the Jags,  not having Dante Fowler Jr.  this season will probably make it much more difficult for the team to generate a consistent pass rush.   I think the Jags coaches are going to have to do a great job of scheming in order to get a pass rush on a regular basis.   The Jags Offense looks like it should be substantially improved,  if the left side of the O-Line holds up.   If the Jags can build leads,  maybe that could put their Defense in enough favorable situations that can at least partially overcome the edge pass rush situation.

Regarding Fowler,  I was very impressed with his maturity when interviewed during the game.  He's the type that's easy to root for.  

A team with great depth (guys that are challenging the already existing starters to be even better during PreSeason) are the teams to watch as potential Playoff teams.   The Jaguars arent there yet, though this year the depth is better than it ever was in the past few years.

The Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell brought in RT Parnell, Center Stefen Wisniewski, signed CANN, drafted Linder last year whom is playing the best out of the lot.  He drafted LT Luke 2nd overall as his first move whom has been a disapointment but they havent given up hope in him as of yet.  The former HC Doug Marrone as the Ast HC and OL coach has improved the Jaguars Offensive Line from the Leagues worst for years to at least average during preseason which is almost a miracle to us Jag fans.  That being said the depth is very thin in regards to the Oline.  I mean at Center its not much of a drop off gets a bit worse at RT but Paztor isnt horrible, after that its a big drop in talent.  If the Oline can remain healthy and if Bortles can get at least some decent targets (like TE Thomas back by week 4) the Offense should be much improved from last year's bottom of the barrell.

The Defense is actually weaker with as you mentioned the LEO position being all banged up with Fowler out for the year, Clemons is near retirement & injured, Branch being injured for a long time, Davis is banged up... we get to see Chris with the starters he was able to lose the weight he gained during the offseason and hopefully he can put a lot of our fears to rest.  I am actually not too worried about the DLine because the Jaguars have the best DLine coach in the NFL.

I am more concerned with the DBs, if Brown were to be injured or Colvin for example the team would have a very hard time stopping opponets from throwing deep.  The corners are already injured and depth is slim.

Quote:We have not had good S play for a while

You could change that S to many of the other letters that pertain to football positions and this would still be true.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.