Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Press Conference - Finally Someone Presidential On The Podium

Moreover, this was a kick off return for a TD.  The media had kicked a few field goals with the Flynn Dismissal and the withdrawal of Puzder.  The Narrative was moving like a freight train towards a chaotic oval and Russian Spies invading starbucks.  Now the main story anywhere you look is whether or not its a good thing for Trump to kick the medias rear.  Genius!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm still trying to figure out what the mess is he inherited. Obama inherited a disaster...what Trump inherited was like a nice rental home where the owners simply forgot to take the trash out. Nothing like the disaster he claims it is.

You want to bring back jobs? Create new sustainable jobs. Sorry robots aren't going anywhere and natural gas and other energy sources are cheaper than coal. Clean coal is a misnomer, and extremely expensive. Invest in infrastructure jobs.

Want to fix Obamacare? Fix the parts that aren't effective. Don't scrap all of it.

Want to fix our immigration issues...develop a path to citizenship plan.

Want to drain the swamp and end corruption. Get money out of Washington.

The job market is no better than it was in January 2009. In some respects it is even worse. The National Debt is roughly double what it was when Obama took office. Obama inherited a bad recession, the only way to go was up, but there has been very little up. Government regulations have been driving jobs overseas long before 2009, but Obama doubled down on the regs.

Creating new sustainable jobs is difficult. Obama couldn't. The establishment Pubs couldn't. We'll see if Trump can. Don't expect it to happen overnight.

I agree that natural gas is cheaper than coal, at least at the moment. So let the market decide, not some eco-freak in the government. There are still plenty of active coal plants, and that's cheaper than building a new gas plant.

Why not scrap all of Obamacare? It is just another Marxist redistribution of wealth program.

Get money out of Washington by reducing the power of government. 

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:And I stand with McCain.

That tells me everything I need to know. 

Quote:Moreover, this was a kick off return for a TD.  The media had kicked a few field goals with the Flynn Dismissal and the withdrawal of Puzder.  The Narrative was moving like a freight train towards a chaotic oval and Russian Spies invading starbucks.  Now the main story anywhere you look is whether or not its a good thing for Trump to kick the medias rear.  Genius!

You seem to be unaware as to who is doing the deflecting, and from what.

I don't get it. Why is Donnie so defensive? So thin-skinned? So insecure? Is it the Little Rich Boy syndrome? He's been rich all his life, surrounded by yes-men. Has anyone ever told him no? Now that he actually gets some criticism he has a melt-down. He has to personalize everything.

What you seem to be missing is that yes, Trump has everyone talking about his spat with the media. Someone needs to tell him that the media will be there long after he's gone. Has Jared forgotten to give Trump his pills? But what has he deflected - his own agenda!

Instead of talking about what he's done or going to do for the American people he has people talking about CNN! Real stupid.

Someone better have a talk with Donnie about staying on course or he'll continue on his course of being Richard Nixon, Part II. Where is Kellyanne when you need her.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You seem to be unaware as to who is doing the deflecting, and from what.

I don't get it. Why is Donnie so defensive? So thin-skinned? So insecure? Is it the Little Rich Boy syndrome? He's been rich all his life, surrounded by yes-men. Has anyone ever told him no? Now that he actually gets some criticism he has a melt-down. He has to personalize everything.

What you seem to be missing is that yes, Trump has everyone talking about his spat with the media. Someone needs to tell him that the media will be there long after he's gone. Has Jared forgotten to give Trump his pills? But what has he deflected - his own agenda!

Instead of talking about what he's done or going to do for the American people he has people talking about CNN! Real stupid.

Someone better have a talk with Donnie about staying on course or he'll continue on his course of being Richard Nixon, Part II. Where is Kellyanne when you need her.

Criticism....

Lying...

See how the terms are different?

I like how any news which is remotely critical is now considered fake news by his cult follows parroting their idol.

I think they actually want a totalitarian state, you really have to question the education system at this point.

Quote:I like how any news which is remotely critical is now considered fake news by his cult follows parroting their idol.

I think they actually want a totalitarian state, you really have to question the education system at this point.
I like how every single breath Trump takes is spun by the fake news media as the harbinger of the Apocalypse, then their cult following jumps in here to criticize those of us who choose not to believe their hysteria. I think they really want a totalitarian state, you really have to question the leftist run, liberal oriented, lemming producing educational system at this point.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I like how every single breath Trump takes is spun by the fake news media as the harbinger of the Apocalypse, then their cult following jumps in here to criticize those of us who choose not to believe their hysteria. I think they really want a totalitarian state, you really have to question the leftist run, liberal oriented, lemming producing educational system at this point.

You do realize, don't you, that your entire post could have come from the Trumpette textbook chapter on how to deal with negative media coverage, concentrating on the hyperbolic to deflect attention from honest reporting elsewhere..

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:You do realize, don't you, that your entire post could have come from the Trumpette textbook chapter on how to deal with negative media coverage, concentrating on the hyperbolic to deflect attention from honest reporting elsewhere..

Find us an example of honest reporting by the Leftist media about Trump that doesn't include rumor, speculation, or a headline that makes it seem worse than what the article says.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:You do realize, don't you, that your entire post could have come from the Trumpette textbook chapter on how to deal with negative media coverage, concentrating on the hyperbolic to deflect attention from honest reporting elsewhere..

Or you might note the perfect parody of the post preceeding mine?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comme...th_donald/

some of you all might get a kick out of this, others may call this all fabricated.  Worth a read regardless.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

Quote:I like how every single breath Trump takes is spun by the fake news media as the harbinger of the Apocalypse, then their cult following jumps in here to criticize those of us who choose not to believe their hysteria. I think they really want a totalitarian state, you really have to question the leftist run, liberal oriented, lemming producing educational system at this point.

An interesting article in National Review
(http://www.nationalreview.com/article/44...unreliable). Here is a compilation of media comments:

Quote: 

The problem with the man currently leading the Republican party is that he is, as the Washington Post puts it, a hostage to the “fanatical policies of the extreme right.” His administration “insults women” and his unwelcome presence in public life “insults us all.” And, because the Republican party is all about the winning these days, the GOP establishment is “ready to forgive” . . . what? . . . “just about anything — as long as he wins.” So says the Post, which is not alone in this estimate: Extreme on economic issues, extreme on the so-called social issues, he even has had an “extreme foreign-policy makeover,” according to The Atlantic. His views on immigration, MSNBC says, represent the Republican party “shrinking down to its most extreme elements.” One cable-news panelist insists he was the most extreme Republican presidential candidate ever. Paul Krugman laments that he has forsaken all serious policy thinking for “dangerous fantasy.” Nicholas Kristof of the New York Times is also alert to the “dangers” he presents, the “most dangerous of all” being his views on Iran, though Kristof also worries that he is too buddy-buddy with that awful, scheming Benjamin Netanyahu. Predictably, Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow dogpiled him for his perplexing relationship with Moscow. Vice calls him a “sociopath” and Maureen Dowd dismissed him as “an out-of-touch plutocrat” who keeps “his true nature . . . buried where we can’t see it,” a devious figure who is so awful deep down inside that he “must hide an essential part of who he is” from the public.

Those were about Mitt Romney, not Trump!

Is it any wonder that the mainstream media has a lower honesty rating than Trump?

Andrew Dice Clay was talking about the time he set up a meeting with Trump.  Trump and Clay had been at a few big events together but had never officially met.  So Clay sets up the meeting, and Trump thinks it about doing a deal, some kind of show-biz event or something.  Dice Clay says, "No, my sister, I got her an apartment in one of your buildings.  The place is leaking like crazy and she's getting dirty looks from all the neighbors below."  Dice Clay said the next day there's a huge crew there replacing the entire roof.  Say whatever you want about him, but Trump gets things done.

from the NY Times, 11-15-86:

FOLLOWING the grand opening of the Wollman Rink this week, New Yorkers can now set their sights on the gala grand opening of the Wollman Rink next week.  Donald J. Trump refurbished the Central Park -skating rink two and a half months ahead of his own speedy six-month schedule and $750,000 below his own projected $3 million budget, having taken over the project after the city spent six years and $12 million unsuccessfully trying to get the job done.

''See this railing?'' Mr. Trump asked on an inspection of the rink yesterday. ''Same railing Onassis had on his boat.'' Finishing far under budget meant he had enough money left for burnished teak railings, lots of ornamental wrought iron, massive renovation of the skate house and landscaping.

Quote:Find us an example of honest reporting by the Leftist media about Trump that doesn't include rumor, speculation, or a headline that makes it seem worse than what the article says.
Don't hold your breath. 8 years is a long, long time.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Andrew Dice Clay was talking about the time he set up a meeting with Trump. Trump and Clay had been at a few big events together but had never officially met. So Clay sets up the meeting, and Trump thinks it about doing a deal, some kind of show-biz event or something. Dice Clay says, "No, my sister, I got her an apartment in one of your buildings. The place is leaking like crazy and she's getting dirty looks from all the neighbors below." Dice Clay said the next day there's a huge crew there replacing the entire roof. Say whatever you want about him, but Trump gets things done.

from the NY Times, 11-15-86:

FOLLOWING the grand opening of the Wollman Rink this week, New Yorkers can now set their sights on the gala grand opening of the Wollman Rink next week. Donald J. Trump refurbished the Central Park -skating rink two and a half months ahead of his own speedy six-month schedule and $750,000 below his own projected $3 million budget, having taken over the project after the city spent six years and $12 million unsuccessfully trying to get the job done.

''See this railing?'' Mr. Trump asked on an inspection of the rink yesterday. ''Same railing Onassis had on his boat.'' Finishing far under budget meant he had enough money left for burnished teak railings, lots of ornamental wrought iron, massive renovation of the skate house and landscaping.

If a Democrat had done this it would have been front page news the entire general election.

Quote:If a Democrat had done this it would have been front page news the entire general election.

It's FAKE NEWS Moran!!!

Look, I didn't read this thread at all, but the thread title itself leads me to believe that there is a sect of people on this board that are going to support and defend every action Trump takes simply because it's different.

He was neither presidential, nor factually accurate, nor intelligent in the press conference referenced here.  It's horrifying that anyone could watch that and believe he was.