Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Electronic question..

I just listen to Pandora through my smart tv.  Seems to work just fine.

Have you seen my baseball?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I sing to myself.. When I like the song, I sing louder
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I like to sing "I touch myself" when I'm in the shower...it's a great song.

Surprised it's not a Soft Cell song

The acoustics in the shower are just unbeatable.

I finished remodeling my 'media room' over the weekend.  I treated my self to a Bose sound system to hook up to the big screen.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Bose huh...well lah tee dah...ain't you special.

Yes.

When I bought my Samsung 65" 4K about 3 years ago, I went ahead and bought the Samsung sound bar and sub-woofer too.

Quote:I finished remodeling my 'media room' over the weekend.  I treated my self to a Bose sound system to hook up to the big screen.

You can never go wrong with Bose or Klipsch when it comes to good quality speakers.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:You can never go wrong with Bose or Klipsch when it comes to good quality speakers.

Pfffft. I have Cerwin Vegas.. I sacrificed a little clarity for wattage and deeper bass..

Quote:When I bought my Samsung 65" 4K about 3 years ago, I went ahead and bought the Samsung sound bar and sub-woofer too.

How much was that TV 3 years ago?  I've noticed TVs have come down these last few years. Heck, my TV is about 1/2 the price it was 3 years ago.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:You can never go wrong with Bose or Klipsch when it comes to good quality speakers.

It's not a real big room either. I sat and watched the beginning of The Martian after I calibrated it last night because I knew I could find some good sound effects. It was awesome.

Quote:It's not a real big room either. I sat and watched the beginning of The Martian after I calibrated it last night because I knew I could find some good sound effects. It was awesome.

A few years back when I set up my media system I used the beginning of The Lion King to test it out.  Unfortunately the grand kids were here, so we had to watch that movie... again.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Pfffft. I have Cerwin Vegas.. I sacrificed a little clarity for wattage and deeper bass..

CV's aren't bad quality at all, especially if you're looking for good sound at a higher volume.

The engineering behind Bose speakers just blows me away though.  How something can sound so good from a smaller speaker is amazing.

Quote:CV's aren't bad quality at all, especially if you're looking for good sound at a higher volume.

The engineering behind Bose speakers just blows me away though. How something can sound so good from a smaller speaker is amazing.

Bose are as close to perfection as you can get. You're also going to pay high end prices for that perfection. I have friends with Bose home systems and they're pretty much ungodly..

But.. I have em beat with bass and total wattage.. I have (4) 15x3 CV's and (2) 12x3 CV's.. I've actually fried a set of those 15's with my power amp and had to replace. I have a Yamaha M-80 that'll pretty much rock any sets of speakers. I actually got really lucky with that amp. I saw it in a pawn shop about 20 years ago. Paid about $400 for it at the time and even back then it was a bargain..

But Bose will kill it with it's clarity.. That's what you're paying for though..

Quote:Bose are as close to perfection as you can get. You're also going to pay high end prices for that perfection. I have friends with Bose home systems and they're pretty much ungodly..

But.. I have em beat with bass and total wattage.. I have (4) 15x3 CV's and (2) 12x3 CV's.. I've actually fried a set of those 15's with my power amp and had to replace. I have a Yamaha M-80 that'll pretty much rock any sets of speakers. I actually got really lucky with that amp. I saw it in a pawn shop about 20 years ago. Paid about $400 for it at the time and even back then it was a bargain..

But Bose will kill it with it's clarity.. That's what you're paying for though..

At my age I prefer clarity.  I had Klipsch speakers for ever (sub-woofer, center and front channels) with a pair of Yamaha speakers for the rear channels.  I ended up giving them to my son because they were so big and our TV room isn't really that big.  I bought an inexpensive Yamaha surround set, but just wasn't happy with the quality, so a while back I replaced them with a Bose system.  I've never regretted doing so.