Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
4th of July product boycott

Quote:No offense but Penny?  Really?

Thought same thing. I have a name for mine, but all I mutter is usually c'mon mother [BAD WORD REMOVED] let's roll.

But just when it wants to act finicky. Other times it's just Babe. Smile
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Thought same thing. I have a name for mine, but all I mutter is usually c'mon mother [BAD WORD REMOVED] let's roll.

LOL, the only time that I've "given" or called one of my vehicles a name, it's usually when something is wrong.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Thought same thing. I have a name for mine, but all I mutter is usually c'mon mother [BAD WORD REMOVED] let's roll.

Yeah, calling it Babe is definitely not as weird....

Quote:Ya, you don't name your cars?

Girl names for gas, boy names for diesel.

Tractors especially.

I don't know what I would name my vehicles.  Perhaps you or others can offer suggestions.

My vehicle - 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 pickup.  Now that I think about it my wife calls it "the beast" because it's a full size truck, bigger than she's used to driving.  However, it is for the most part stock.

My wife's vehicle - 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

My boat - 1999 Stroker Bass Boat with a 2008 Mercury 250 XS.  This is my "mid life crisis toy" because my main reason for choosing this is/was all about the speed.  I've taken this particular boat near triple digits on the St. John's River.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I don't know what I would name my vehicles.  Perhaps you or others can offer suggestions.

My vehicle - 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 pickup.  Now that I think about it my wife calls it "the beast" because it's a full size truck, bigger than she's used to driving.  However, it is for the most part stock.

My wife's vehicle - 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

My boat - 1999 Stroker Bass Boat with a 2008 Mercury 250 XS.  This is my "mid life crisis toy" because my main reason for choosing this is/was all about the speed.  I've taken this particular boat near triple digits on the St. John's River.

Weren't you the one that posted a picture of your boat with all the hotties? Don't you have to name a boat or is that only ships and sailboats?

I also have a 2003 Dodge but it's a diesel.

Tbh, the name thing originated on the ranch, to more quickly establish which piece of machinery we're talking about. It's easier to say bring Frank around for diesel than to have the following convo:

Guy 1: Bring the Deere around for diesel

Guy 2: Which one?

Guy 1: The 1998 6400 with the cage but without the expandable metal.

Guy 2: Ok, got it!

It'd be like if you had 4 Stroker Bass Boats with slight differences or maybe 4 of the exact same boat. And then 4 of the exact same trailers and hauling trucks, etc.

My brother carried it over to personal vehicles to try to get my goat and I just play along for funsies.

Here's a picture of my main transport. Bet none of y'all wimps can match the horsepower of that mighty beast. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.treinreiziger.nl/userfiles/image/artikel/600/Koploper_sport.jpg'>Here's a picture of my main transport.</a> Bet none of y'all wimps can match the horsepower of that mighty beast.

I'm sure everyone sleeps better knowing that you aren't backing into a pole somewhere!! :whistling:
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm sure everyone sleeps better knowing that you aren't backing into a pole somewhere!! :whistling:

Poland is nowhere near Holland. Not even DF is that bad of a driver.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Poland is nowhere near Holland. Not even DF is that bad of a driver.
My brother's girlfriend is Polish. I don't speak to them often though that's probably a good thing.

Quote:Yeah, calling it Babe is definitely not as weird....

Yeah. I'm thinking the Styx song now. Aaaarrrggghhhh.
Blakes Life Matters