Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Torture

Quote:Please give me an example of an enumerated right I want taken away from a citizen.  

Forgive me if I've confused you with the other anti-speech, anti-religious practice, gun grabbers on this here board. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with who is who.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You say, "...if the enemy has information that could save the life of even one U.S. solder or citizen then it is open season..."

So why restrict your use of this tool to alleged terrorists?   What about other situations?    If torturing someone saves the life of even one citizen, therefore we should do it, why not use this useful tool that saves lives in other situations?

So if we should  be able to torture people in the war on terror, what about the war on drugs?   Should we be able to torture people in the war on drugs, too?  If torturing an alleged drug dealer would lead us to his supplier, and that would save lives, should we be allowed to do that?   It would save a lot of lives, right?  

And by the way, who decides who should be  tortured?   Do we allow the CIA to decide this?   They can torture whoever they want?   What about if someone tells the CIA that his neighbor is a terrorist, should the CIA be  able to pick up the neighbor and torture them?  What if someone tells the CIA that you are a terrorist?   Should you have any rights at all?   Or should the CIA be allowed to pick you up and  send you to some overseas facility to be  tortured?  

In the case of some street peddling drug dealer obviously he or she should not be tortured. When it comes to cartel members, the guys who actually bring the drugs into the country, the guys with no remorse, who kill innocent people daily and stop at nothing to bring their illegal products into the U.S. These guys are the same as Bin Laden and crew, they are terrorists. So yes, absolutely these people should be tortured if information that they have might put a stop on the amount of drugs brought over here from South America, because ultimately this will save American lives.

The rest of your questions are silly.

Quote:In the case of some street peddling drug dealer obviously he or she should not be tortured. When it comes to cartel members, the guys who actually bring the drugs into the country, the guys with no remorse, who kill innocent people daily and stop at nothing to bring their illegal products into the U.S. These guys are the same as Bin Laden and crew, they are terrorists. So yes, absolutely these people should be tortured if information that they have might put a stop on the amount of drugs brought over here from South America, because ultimately this will save American lives.

The people we should torture over drug laws are neither the buyers nor the sellers
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

As someone who has gone through the training, I can say without a doubt that enhanced interrogation does work, contrary to whatever politically driven rag states. I had quite a few folks in my group spill the beans during interrogation and mind you, we had a loose understanding of what the weeks would entail. What's the saying...."Everyone is a tough guy until they get punched in the face"! I mean this figuratively in regards to the training. The instructors can easily figure out your life's history without you realizing you said much and then use it against you later. Pretty intimidating when a complete stranger can provide intimate detail about you, your family, and your friends.

About the water-boarding, I don't consider it torture, but man will it scare the crap out of you and make you talk!  It gives you a strong feeling of suffocation/drowning without excessive water actually entering the body. If you think your a tough guy or gal and can go on just feeding lies and telling someone what you think they want to hear, you are dead wrong. Trust me.

Is uncomfortable heat and cold considered torture? What about extreme embarrassment? Listening to loud metal music when you have a strong disdain for it? What about expired foods? Just a few things to think about as far as interrogation. The point is to take you out of your comfort zone and then try to reel you back in by offer comfort for talking. Results aren't instant, but will come.

[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Quote:As someone who has gone through the training, I can say without a doubt that enhanced interrogation does work, contrary to whatever politically driven rag states. I had quite a few folks in my group spill the beans during interrogation and mind you, we had a loose understanding of what the weeks would entail. What's the saying...."Everyone is a tough guy until they get punched in the face"! I mean this figuratively in regards to the training. The instructors can easily figure out your life's history without you realizing you said much and then use it against you later. Pretty intimidating when a complete stranger can provide intimate detail about you, your family, and your friends.

About the water-boarding, I don't consider it torture, but man will it scare the crap out of you and make you talk!  It gives you a strong feeling of suffocation/drowning without excessive water actually entering the body. If you think your a tough guy or gal and can go on just feeding lies and telling someone what you think they want to hear, you are dead wrong. Trust me.

Is uncomfortable heat and cold considered torture? What about extreme embarrassment? Listening to loud metal music when you have a strong disdain for it? What about expired foods? Just a few things to think about as far as interrogation. The point is to take you out of your comfort zone and then try to reel you back in by offer comfort for talking. Results aren't instant, but will come.

You have to understand though.  Many who are so against enhanced interrogation really have no idea of how it works.  They are also the ones that claim that "no credible intelligence" is obtained by such techniques, even though history has proven otherwise.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:What is torture? Waterboarding? Sleep Deprivation? Lopping off  body parts? The Rack? The unabridged Hillary Clinton Speech Compendium read by the orator? So many things it could be based on what you want it to be.
Torture to me would be sticking me in a room full of active 3-6 year-olds, or kids of any age, with no way out. I think I'd literally die from an anxiety attack. And I'm not kidding.

Everything is subjective as we all have different ideas of right and wrong not to mention the levels of tolerance we have for said right and wrong.

Torture is moderating this message board.

I kid, I kid.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:Torture is moderating this message board.

I kid, I kid.
No you don't.

Quote:No you don't.

No, I really am kidding. 

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:No, I really am kidding. 
The man doth protest too much, methinks.

Quote:In the case of some street peddling drug dealer obviously he or she should not be tortured. When it comes to cartel members, the guys who actually bring the drugs into the country, the guys with no remorse, who kill innocent people daily and stop at nothing to bring their illegal products into the U.S. These guys are the same as Bin Laden and crew, they are terrorists. So yes, absolutely these people should be tortured if information that they have might put a stop on the amount of drugs brought over here from South America, because ultimately this will save American lives.

The best torture for the cartels is legalisation.