Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags RB position ranks 28th

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 12:56 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I was reading on the nfl website this morning and I dont recall the writer but he had Yeldon, Robinson, Johnson, and Gerhart ranked 28th behind the likes of Oakland and Dallas.

The Patriots were ranked below the Jags.

He also had Gerhart as the last man on the depth chart among the other backs.

Do you agree with this?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Philly was ranked #1 with Murray

We had what, the 6th highest ypc in the league last year? No I do not agree with it
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

^^^some writers simply don't research enough.

Rankings in June mean nothing to me and we have no idea what this re-vamped O-line and Yeldon will be able to do when the bullets start flying, but I'd guess we end up ranking a little higher than 28th at the end of the season. 

Quote:Philly was ranked #1 with Murray

So if we would've signed Murray we would be #1?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:So if we would've signed Murray we would be #1?

He ranked them as a unit.

So they have Murray, Ryan Mathews, and Darren Sproles.

I'd say they have the best group.

Just another useless list of rankings that mean nothing in June.

"It was Blake Bortles the whole time. They believe in this kid. He reminds me a bit of a young Ben Roethlisberger." ~Mike Mayock

Eh, 28th is low, but let's be honest about what we've got. A second-round pick who's done nothing in the NFL, a converted quarterback who looks more like a change of pace guy than an every-down player, a hugely disappointing thumper that's being moved to a hybrid H-back role, and a couple of late-round guys who've done next to nothing in their careers. If Yeldon pans out and turns out to be the every-down guy, this team ranks way better than 28th at the end of the season. If he struggles or gets hurt, there are definite limitations to what a Robinson/Gerhart tandem is capable of.

Where were we expecting to be ranked when our starting RB is a rookie who has never played a down in the league, and he's backed up by a former QB who has been spotty at best in his efforts, and a guy we brought in via free agency who has struggled through injuries and hasn't met expectations?  The Jags were 6th in YPC, but 28th in number of attempts.  Nobody knows for sure what kind of rushing attack we'll have, and probably won't until we get to see them take the field in the preseason behind the starting line (which is still being formed).

People want to get worked up over meaningless rankings in June.  Other than click bait, they're pretty much useless. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We don't even have a RB on the roster that has ever eclipsed 1000 yrds in a season.

You are what you are until you prove otherwise.

Quote:Just another useless list of rankings that mean nothing in June.

Just as useless as being the 6th highest YPC in 2014.  We were being blown out and just ran because the defense was in prevent.  

Quote:We had what, the 6th highest ypc in the league last year? No I do not agree with it
I believe that stat is skewed. 

If you take out runs by QB's, I read somewhere we only averaged 3.6 ypc. 

We'll end the year much higher IMO, that's all i care about.  With our new OC focusing on the run and a promising looking rookie, as well as Denard who looked great at times last year, i'd predict we end somewhere in the 10 - 15 area (contigent upon the OL being a better unit, which i truly believe they will).

Quote:Where were we expecting to be ranked when our starting RB is a rookie who has never played a down in the league, and he's backed up by a former QB who has been spotty at best in his efforts, and a guy we brought in via free agency who has struggled through injuries and hasn't met expectations?  The Jags were 6th in YPC, but 28th in number of attempts.  Nobody knows for sure what kind of rushing attack we'll have, and probably won't until we get to see them take the field in the preseason behind the starting line (which is still being formed).

People want to get worked up over meaningless rankings in June.  Other than click bait, they're pretty much useless. 

Pretty much my thought every time I see some "rankings" thread come up.  I pretty much picture a whiny kid crying because he didn't get a Popsicle.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Pretty much my thought every time I see some "rankings" thread come up.  I pretty much picture a whiny kid crying because he didn't get a Popsicle.
While i agree they are meaningless, the Jags haven't done us any favors in proving them wrong over the past few years!

This is the year we turn it around!!!  I say that every year.

Quote:While i agree they are meaningless, the Jags haven't done us any favors in proving them wrong over the past few years!

This is the year we turn it around!!!  I say that every year.

That's OK... Here's your Popsicle.  We certainly need it today.   Wink

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.