Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcus Mariota Discussion

(11-27-2017, 04:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 04:06 PM)atburg Wrote: The average year, good year, bad year hits very close to home! However at least in Blake's bad year, still more scores than turnovers. Not defending Blake, just bringing the " so much better" crowd down a notch or 2.

Blake had an awful rookie year, an average second year, an awful 3rd year and a bad 4th year (this year). 

32/32 GMs would take Mariota over Bortles.

14 scores/9 turnovers is hardly "bad" this year, closer to average. Then again you're calling Mariota's rookie year average, when he had 19 turnovers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 04:59 PM by JackCity.)

(11-27-2017, 04:56 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 04:26 PM)atburg Wrote: 14 scores/9 turnovers is hardly "bad" this year, closer to average. Then again you're calling Mariota's rookie year average, when he had 19 turnovers.

19 turnovers would be the least amount of the turnovers Blake has ever had in a year.  He also had a higher QB rating his rookie year than Blake has ever had. Despite throwing to nobodys with a terrible line and run game.

I can think of around 20 QBs playing better than Blake this year. Definitely 15+.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 06:11 PM by atburg.)

(11-27-2017, 04:56 PM)JackCity Wrote: 19 turnovers would be the least amount of the turnovers Blake has ever had in a year.  He also had a higher QB rating his rookie year than Blake has ever had. Despite throwing to nobodys with a terrible line and run game.

I can think of around 20 QBs playing better than Blake this year. Definitely 15+.

Marcus Mariota is not one of them, and 15 would be stretching it thin. But I don't trust Bortles, I'm not some big Blake supporter. Just pointing out that this fantasy that the Titans trolls, and apparently ( judging by your defensive responses) a few others on the straws.that think he is some sort of superstar in the making ,are grabbing at straws.

For argument sake

Brady

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Smith

Carr ( not as much of a gap, as in the past)

Wentz

Stafford

Keenum

Brees

Goff

Wilson

There is 11

Could argue Winston

(11-27-2017, 05:56 PM)atburg Wrote:

Marcus Mariota is not one of them, and 15 would be stretching it thin. But I don't trust Bortles, I'm not some big Blake supporter. Just pointing out that this fantasy that the Titans trolls, and apparently ( judging by your defensive responses) a few others on the straws.that think he is some sort of superstar in the making ,are grabbing at straws.

For argument sake

Brady

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Smith

Wentz

Stafford

Keenum

Brees

Goff

Wilson

There is 11

Could argue Winston

Not sure where I said Mariota would be a superstar. Believe the terms I've used have been above average. 

So you believe Bortles has been a top 12 QB this year? 

Brady
Brees
Wentz
Cousin
Ryan
Big Ben
Stafford
Rivers
Tyrod
Smith
Wilson
Keenum
Carr
Cam
Manning
McCown
Prescott
Dalton

Theres 18 names who have played QB better than Blake this year. Then you have guys like Watson and Aaron Rodgers who have played better but for injured. 

Might want to take the L here pal.

(11-27-2017, 06:27 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 05:56 PM)atburg Wrote: Marcus Mariota is not one of them, and 15 would be stretching it thin. But I don't trust Bortles, I'm not some big Blake supporter. Just pointing out that this fantasy that the Titans trolls, and apparently ( judging by your defensive responses) a few others on the straws.that think he is some sort of superstar in the making ,are grabbing at straws.

For argument sake

Brady

Roethlisberger

Rivers

Smith

Wentz

Stafford

Keenum

Brees

Goff

Wilson

There is 11

Could argue Winston

Not sure where I said Mariota would be a superstar. Believe the terms I've used have been above average. 

Brady
Brees
Wentz
Cousin
Ryan
Big Ben
Stafford
Rivers
Tyrod
Smith
Wilson
Keenum
Carr
Cam
Manning
McCown
Prescott
Dalton

Theres 18 names who have played QB better than Blake this year. Then you have guys like Watson and Aaron Rodgers who have played better but for injured. 

Might want to take the L here papall

Or we could go post Zeke garbage Dak, Dalton and Bortles can easily be interchangeable, throwing Eli in there is a joke. And of course Taylor makes the list.

No, he has not been a top 12 for the most part. However some of the names on your list would be interchangeable. 

I missed Cam on my list, he would be in my 13. 

Therefore for me, you could take 14-20 shake them up, and you're getting the same thing no matter what name comes out. 

Wait are we comparing QBs based on one year samples or overall seasons? Wentz was 14-16 TD-Int ratio just last year and now hes all the sudden in everybodys top 5?!... lol.

Mariota is def a franchise guy he has shown enough to make everyone believe that besides Jaguars fans that are jealous. He had a very good rookie year with an oline that was ranked #32 in the league, no run game and no WRs. He had DGB as his WR1 and Antonio-Andrews as his RB1 lol, both of wich are unemployeed currently. Lol.

(11-27-2017, 07:36 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: Wait are we comparing QBs based on one year samples or overall seasons? Wentz was 14-16 TD-Int ratio just last year and now hes all the sudden in everybodys top 5?!... lol.

Mariota is def a franchise guy he has shown enough to make everyone believe that besides Jaguars fans that are jealous. He had a very good rookie year with an oline that was ranked #32 in the league, no run game and no WRs. He had DGB as his WR1 and Antonio-Andrews as his RB1 lol, both of wich are unemployeed currently. Lol.

So glad yall think Mariota is a franchise guy.  Hopefully the front office will feel that way too and give him a nice contract.

I don’t know if Mariota will wind up being a franchise guy in the long run but if you ask me to roll with an AFC South QB for the next 3 years on this Jaguars team I would easily choose him 10/10.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 09:27 PM by atburg.)

(11-27-2017, 08:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I don’t know if Mariota will wind up being a franchise guy in the long run but if you ask me to roll with an AFC South QB for the next 3 years on this Jaguars team I would easily choose him 10/10.

Me too! As long as Watson, Luck, Bortles, Brissett , and Osweil oh wait, he is out west now. What the hell, ill throw him in there as well. Once that group has been picked, Marcus is my guy.

(11-27-2017, 07:36 PM)MariGOATa Wrote: Wait are we comparing QBs based on one year samples or overall seasons? Wentz was 14-16 TD-Int ratio just last year and now hes all the sudden in everybodys top 5?!... lol.

Let me nip this in the butt - Wentz is not in my top 5, and Mariota is not in my top 20. If I was going to be jealous of another team's QB , it would be Seattle because of 2012.

(11-27-2017, 07:33 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 06:27 PM)JackCity Wrote: Not sure where I said Mariota would be a superstar. Believe the terms I've used have been above average. 

Brady
Brees
Wentz
Cousin
Ryan
Big Ben
Stafford
Rivers
Tyrod
Smith
Wilson
Keenum
Carr
Cam
Manning
McCown
Prescott
Dalton

Might want to take the L here papall

Or we could go post Zeke garbage Dak, Dalton and Bortles can easily be interchangeable, throwing Eli in there is a joke. And of course Taylor makes the list.

No, he has not been a top 12 for the most part. However some of the names on your list would be interchangeable. 

I missed Cam on my list, he would be in my 13. 

Therefore for me, you could take 14-20 shake them up, and you're getting the same thing no matter what name comes out. 

So you don't think Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins are playing better than Blake?  Odd. 

See the issue here is there is actually a difference between the QBs. Dalton, Dak and Eli are all playing better ball this year despite struggles.

(11-27-2017, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

So glad yall think Mariota is a franchise guy.  Hopefully the front office will feel that way too and give him a nice contract.

He deserves it! Did you not see his game winning drives against the Browns, Bengals, Colts, and Steelers ? Scratch that last one, got my signals messed up.

(11-27-2017, 09:23 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 08:13 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I don’t know if Mariota will wind up being a franchise guy in the long run but if you ask me to roll with an AFC South QB for the next 3 years on this Jaguars team I would easily choose him 10/10.

Me too! As long as Watson, Luck, Bortles, Brissett , and Osweil oh wait, he is out west now. What the hell, ill throw him in there as well. Once that group has been picked, Marcus is my guy.

Cool man.

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 09:41 PM by atburg.)

(11-27-2017, 09:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: So you don't think Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins are playing better than Blake?  Odd. 

See the issue here is there is actually a difference between the QBs. Dalton, Dak and Eli are all playing better ball this year despite struggles.

Ryan has turned it on in recent weeks, after a slow start. I could give or take Cousins honestly. 

We could debate this all day, you have your opinion and I have mine. Bortles probably loses his job after the playoffs, which is fine with me it has run its course.

Im taking Bortles over Mariota, debate over "pal"

(11-27-2017, 09:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:23 PM)atburg Wrote: Me too! As long as Watson, Luck, Bortles, Brissett , and Osweil oh wait, he is out west now. What the hell, ill throw him in there as well. Once that group has been picked, Marcus is my guy.

Cool man.
Nothing personal your way.

(11-27-2017, 09:40 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:29 PM)JackCity Wrote: So you don't think Matt Ryan and Kirk Cousins are playing better than Blake?  Odd. 

Ryan has turned it on in recent weeks, after a slow start. I could give or take Cousins honestly. 

We could debate this all day, you have your opinion and I have mine. Bortles probably loses his job after the playoffs, which is fine with me it has run its course.

Just to get you on record, you think Blake is playing as good as Cousins?

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 10:17 PM by MariGOATa.)

(11-27-2017, 09:40 PM)atburg Wrote:

(11-27-2017, 09:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Cool man.
Nothing personal your way.

Lol your football logic makes no sense.

Your taking someone that will be unemployeed next season vs someone that has shown alot of promise? Strange.

(11-27-2017, 09:31 PM)atburg Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 07:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: So glad yall think Mariota is a franchise guy.  Hopefully the front office will feel that way too and give him a nice contract.

He deserves it! Did you not see his game winning drives against the Browns, Bengals, Colts, and Steelers ? Scratch that last one, got my signals messed up.
4 game winning drives this season alone, Bortles has 7 total for his entire career.

(11-27-2017, 09:45 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(11-27-2017, 09:40 PM)atburg Wrote: Ryan has turned it on in recent weeks, after a slow start. I could give or take Cousins honestly. 

Just to get you on record, you think Blake is playing as good as Cousins?

He doesnt know what his talking about. Lol.

Bortles is 18-38 on W-L column as a starter. 

Hes 81-59 as a TD-Int ratio as a starter. He has a running game and the #1 defense yet his 12-8 TD-Int this year. Lol

One year samples... hell just this preseason 99% of this board wanted Bortles shipped off to play mexican ball with kenny powers. So he has earned some of the trust back, which is fine. Difference is Bortles obviously has a short leash, while mariota may have a bad game, or two, but the majority of Titans fans know.. Mariota is the franchise.

I'd take Watson
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(11-28-2017, 06:48 AM)Achilles Wrote:

I'd take Watson

Probably not a bad choice either but personally I’d like to see a full season from him.

(11-28-2017, 06:54 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-28-2017, 06:48 AM)Achilles Wrote: I'd take Watson

Probably not a bad choice either but personally I’d like to see a full season from him.

I hope watson isnt as good as he seemed this season. May be a bad thing for the jags and titans for years.