Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The Annual Site Wide Mock

(03-26-2018, 08:41 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'd understand Ridley as the pick although I just think DJ Moore better fits our need at WR. 
Who are  Kiper's top 5 available right now?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-26-2018, 09:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 08:41 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I'd understand Ridley as the pick although I just think DJ Moore better fits our need at WR. 
Who are  Kiper's top 5 available right now?

Here's his top 7...

1. OT Kolton Miller  <--a 6'8" LT
  2. WR Calvin Ridley
  3. OT Orlando Brown
  4. MLB Rashaan Evans
  5. CB Mike Hughes
  6. RB Derrius Guise
  7. C James Daniels

'02

(03-26-2018, 10:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 09:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Who are  Kiper's top 5 available right now?

Here's his top 7...

2. WR Calvin Ridley
  3. OT Orlando Brown
  4. MLB Rashaan Evans
  5. CB Mike Hughes
  6. RB Derrius Guise
  7. C James Daniels

Kipper has Miller and Brown over Connor Williams?

(03-26-2018, 10:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Here's his top 7...

2. WR Calvin Ridley
  3. OT Orlando Brown
  4. MLB Rashaan Evans
  5. CB Mike Hughes
  6. RB Derrius Guise
  7. C James Daniels

Kipper has Miller and Brown over Connor Williams?

Yep... those are his top two even over McGlinchy. ...then he has Connor Williams as his fourth best OT.

'02

(03-26-2018, 10:33 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Kipper has Miller and Brown over Connor Williams?

Yep... those are his top two even over McGlinchy. ...then he has Connor Williams as his fourth best OT.

Go watch McGlinchey in the Miami game, see what you think

(This post was last modified: 03-26-2018, 11:31 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(03-26-2018, 10:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 09:58 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Who are  Kiper's top 5 available right now?

Here's his top 7...

2. WR Calvin Ridley
  3. OT Orlando Brown
  4. MLB Rashaan Evans
  5. CB Mike Hughes
  6. RB Derrius Guise
  7. C James Daniels
As a huge UCLA fan, there is no way Miller should be this high. He is all finesse and lacks functional strength. He plays too high which allows bull rushers to get under his pads and shove him backwards. To even be decent, he has to go to the right scheme fit. He would be a disaster if he goes to a power blocking scheme like ours.

Miller does need to work on his functional strength, but man does he have tools that 99% of the rest of the tackles in the league can only dream about having.

The Jags are really thinking this one through guys. We're going to a commercial. We'll be right back.

(03-27-2018, 12:37 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: The Jags are really thinking this one through guys. We're going to a commercial. We'll be right back.

A lot of the "targets" are already off the board. I'm glad i don't have to make this pick. Maybe they are on the phone, trying to trade out of this spot.  Wink

(03-26-2018, 11:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 10:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Here's his top 7...

2. WR Calvin Ridley
  3. OT Orlando Brown
  4. MLB Rashaan Evans
  5. CB Mike Hughes
  6. RB Derrius Guise
  7. C James Daniels
As a huge UCLA fan, there is no way Miller should be this high. He is all finesse and lacks functional strength. He plays too high which allows bull rushers to get under his pads and shove him backwards. To even be decent, he has to go to the right scheme fit. He would be a disaster if he goes to a power blocking scheme like ours.
I tend to agree about Kolton Miller. NFL.Com has him in a cluster at about 85-95 in top prospects. 

However, the NFLdraftscout.com value board numbers him 32.

His stock is up due to fantastic Combine numbers. 4.95 forty, 24 reps, 31,5 vertical, 10' + broad jump. 

We have to beware of any late, fast-rising players, but what about sinkers?

Nfldraftscout.com has 109 next to Orlando Brown's name, while NFL.com has Brown just outside the top twenty. Orlando's Combine numbers are AWFUL. 5.85 forty, 14 strength reps, and a whopping 19 inch vertical.

I personally call it a wash between Williams, Brown and Miller - moving on to Brian O'Neill or Jamarco Jones in the third round or so.

I'd be okay with Hughes, Gesicki/Any TE they like best, or Daniels as a Jags fan

(03-27-2018, 01:27 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 11:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As a huge UCLA fan, there is no way Miller should be this high. He is all finesse and lacks functional strength. He plays too high which allows bull rushers to get under his pads and shove him backwards. To even be decent, he has to go to the right scheme fit. He would be a disaster if he goes to a power blocking scheme like ours.
I tend to agree about Kolton Miller. NFL.Com has him in a cluster at about 85-95 in top prospects. 

However, the NFLdraftscout.com value board numbers him 32.

His stock is up due to fantastic Combine numbers. 4.95 forty, 24 reps, 31,5 vertical, 10' + broad jump. 

We have to beware of any late, fast-rising players, but what about sinkers?

Nfldraftscout.com has 109 next to Orlando Brown's name, while NFL.com has Brown just outside the top twenty. Orlando's Combine numbers are AWFUL. 5.85 forty, 14 strength reps, and a whopping 19 inch vertical.

I personally call it a wash between Williams, Brown and Miller - moving on to Brian O'Neill or Jamarco Jones in the third round or so.

Brown did improve his numbers at his Pro day. He displayed a 25.5" vertical, 5.63/40 time and 18 reps. That's still not good, but much better than the Combine. Adding that to his outstanding game tape and I think he falls to the mid second to mid 3rd rounds. I believe O'Neill could go as high as the very late first, but most likely the high to mid 2nd round. Jones is probably a 3rd rounder.

So sorry guys I was in Idaho today and thought considering it was a State I'd have signal but apparently T-Mobile thinks otherwise. Certainly didn't make it easy on me for this one. I really really really like Mike Hughes he's my favorite corner in the draft.....

With the 29th pick the Jacksonville Jaguar select Calvin Ridley, WR, University of Alabama

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 04:57 AM by JagFanatic24.)

Wow. The Patriots are stunned. They were ready to select Ridley with the 30th pick.

Instead they get the RB out of Georgia, Sony Michel

(03-27-2018, 04:53 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Wow. The Patriots are stunned. They were ready to select Ridley with the 30th pick.

Not so fast...

The Patriots have the 31st pick.

The Vikings and JaguarKick are on the clock.

'02

My bad.

(03-27-2018, 05:38 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: My bad.

I would die laughing if the Vikes took Sony now, lol.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-27-2018, 09:23 AM)Dimson Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 05:38 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: My bad.

I would die laughing if the Vikes took Sony now, lol.

They're pretty set at WR.

My Sony over Chubb and Guise?

'02

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 11:18 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

(03-27-2018, 05:24 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 04:53 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Wow. The Patriots are stunned. They were ready to select Ridley with the 30th pick.

Not so fast...

Wouldn't be the first time the Vikings were out-raced to the podium!

[Image: ap-c07-lede-campline-leftwich-12-4_3.jpg]

(03-27-2018, 11:16 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 05:24 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
Not so fast...

Wouldn't be the first time the Vikings were out-raced to the podium!

[Image: ap-c07-lede-campline-leftwich-12-4_3.jpg]

Who made out best on that deal? The Vikings ended up with 6 time pro bowl DT Kevin Williams and we got Byron Leftwich.