Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NEW UNIS (merged threads)

These look boring and awful. I'm disappointed.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ugly the jerseys we just had were better. Should've just changed the helmet.

(04-19-2018, 08:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who is designing these? It's not horrible, but they're just so dull. The one solid color look makes them kinda look like jumpsuits. Why do we even need a white uniform at all? I really dislike the all teal uniform especially. Why not use a teal jersey and black pants? They need a contrast between the jersey and the pants. It's not brain surgery.

I'd wager that will be the standard home kit actually  - unless it's a blazing hot day in Jax. They used to do that fairly often during part of Coughlin's first time around here. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-04-19at9.53.46AM.png]

(04-19-2018, 09:06 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: Sorry If this is the actual uniforms they should have just gone back to the original uniforms or just change the helmet.  They should have presented two or three options and let the fans vote on which one they liked.  The one with the most votes wins.

Yes, because the fans are always the best judge of fashion.

I get a real kick out of how many fashionistas we have on this board.  It's a uniform.  I honestly couldn't care less what it looks like.  If the team is playing well, they'll look good.  If they're not, they won't.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(04-19-2018, 09:47 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:02 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: If there is a version with a teal jersey and black pants that's fine. I'm cool with that. I'm just not a fan of one solid color. As long as we got rid of that awful two-toned helmet, everything is right with the world (for now.)

They're great compared to the two-tone garbage.

I get it, you don't like the plain style of white and black...but that was almost always going to be our away combo no matter what.
Can't wear black aways at steelers, at ravens, at saints, at houston (dark reds dark blues), etc....

The whites could have been made with teal numbers, like they did in the early years.

I really wish the Jags had just gone back to those 1990's uniforms.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

I love them... couldn't be happier. They remind me of Penn State.

It’s like instead of a happy medium between our busy, new uni’s and our classic look they just swung the pendulum to the complete other end of the spectrum

These jerseys mean business. No flashy, 2-tone color, plasticy looking badges and numbers. Perfect to match the smash mouth offense and the nasty defense philosophy.

(04-19-2018, 09:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: The teal jerseys resemble the 2011 jerseys minus those goofy shoulder stripes.

I would hope they have a teal jersey white pants combo.

The one color helmet is a big improvement, though I would not have minded a gold helmet.

Only "problem" I have with the new look from what I discern is the numbering on the white jersey.  

I can not, however, see the stripes on the sides of the pants.

I prefer the black pants with the teal jersey myself. I actually would have preferred black numbering with a white or gold outline on the teal too. 

I do like the black numbers on the white. It's a very clean look. Maybe could have added a teal outline or something though.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-19-2018, 10:02 AM)brianmsbc Wrote: I love them... couldn't be happier. They remind me of Penn State.

Did someone say Penn State?  Ole JoPa and Jerry --- what a great tandem.  The Crime and the Cover Up

[Image: image.jpeg]

It's a very safe move.

(04-19-2018, 10:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:36 AM)Bullseye Wrote: The teal jerseys resemble the 2011 jerseys minus those goofy shoulder stripes.

I would hope they have a teal jersey white pants combo.

The one color helmet is a big improvement, though I would not have minded a gold helmet.

Only "problem" I have with the new look from what I discern is the numbering on the white jersey.  

I can not, however, see the stripes on the sides of the pants.

I prefer the black pants with the teal jersey myself. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-04-19at10.27.07AM.png]

(04-19-2018, 09:55 AM)FBT Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 09:06 AM)dennisp3 Wrote: Sorry If this is the actual uniforms they should have just gone back to the original uniforms or just change the helmet.  They should have presented two or three options and let the fans vote on which one they liked.  The one with the most votes wins.

I get a real kick out of how many fashionistas we have on this board.  It's a uniform.  I honestly couldn't care less what it looks like.  If the team is playing well, they'll look good.  If they're not, they won't.

So if they unveiled a pink uniform with tu tus, you wouldn't be embarrassed at all?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-19-2018, 08:57 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:16 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: You do know that every team is required to have a white jersey right?

But why? What is the purpose? If we use a teal jersey for home games and a black jersey for away games, why can't that be good enough? Even if we kept the white unis for away games, why does the pants have to be white too? They look like the players are off to a karate tournament. Fournette looks like he's about to break boards with a single chop.

Fournette would require more than one chop to break boards

(04-19-2018, 10:27 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: It's a very safe move.

Kind of like buying a Honda Civic

(04-19-2018, 10:35 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 10:19 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: I prefer the black pants with the teal jersey myself. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-04-19at10.27.07AM.png]

I, for one, love the simplicity.
I like these and the all teal.

(This post was last modified: 04-19-2018, 10:42 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

(04-19-2018, 09:55 AM)FBT Wrote:

Everyone that has seen these jerseys so far, that i know, have said they are hideos.  From fans of other teams to our own, except for some posters on this board i see.  No fashionista at all but these are atrocious and the old ones were better.  All black helmet and no bold gold would've fixed it all.   just use the teal ones we had and get a black helmet, these are stupid. They look like our old practice jerseys smh
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

I gotta say. The tacks uni's are lots better. The whites are super crisp and nice. These whites look a little dull. May look better at the reveal though

(04-19-2018, 09:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-19-2018, 08:04 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Who is designing these? It's not horrible, but they're just so dull. The one solid color look makes them kinda look like jumpsuits. Why do we even need a white uniform at all? I really dislike the all teal uniform especially. Why not use a teal jersey and black pants? They need a contrast between the jersey and the pants. It's not brain surgery.

I'd wager that will be the standard home kit actually  - unless it's a blazing hot day in Jax. They used to do that fairly often during part of Coughlin's first time around here. 

[Image: ScreenShot2018-04-19at9.53.46AM.png]

I really do like everything you post on here NYC but the term kit needs not to be used outside of soccer. You should wager that it will be the standard home uniform.

(04-19-2018, 10:43 AM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: I gotta say. The tacks uni's are lots better. The whites are super crisp and nice. These whites look a little dull. May look better at the reveal though
While i refuse to agree, i have no argument otherwise.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.