Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Round 2 & 3 Wish list

Ronald Jones and Braden Smith

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-27-2018, 10:00 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Ronald Jones and Braden Smith

I think there's a solid chance we take Smith if he is there in round 2. Like JackCity said in a previous thread about him, he checks all the boxes that we look for in an O lineman. Size/big school/mauler/ect. I think that is why we passed on Hernandez. His lack of size and playing for a small school.

(04-27-2018, 09:41 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:26 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Quit whining, nobody wasted a first rounder. He is going to be an integral part of our line rotation and groomed to be an impact starter the following year.

It's not whining.  When you take a guy in the first round, he has to be an immediate impact player, especially when highly ranked players are there at positions that can be upgraded on the team.  This kid has some flashes, but is a project.  The pick is a waste in the 1st round.

A waist? You are clueless, I wanted offense but If the guy turns out to be a future All Pro or Pro Bowler they maid the right pick.  Time will tell.

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 10:55 AM by I am Yoda.)

(04-27-2018, 10:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:41 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: It's not whining.  When you take a guy in the first round, he has to be an immediate impact player, especially when highly ranked players are there at positions that can be upgraded on the team.  This kid has some flashes, but is a project.  The pick is a waste in the 1st round.

A waist? You are clueless, I wanted offense but If the guy turns out to be a future All Pro or Pro Bowler they maid the right pick.  Time will tell.

I'm content to wait to be proven right.  I was right about Byron Leftwich when most of the board was riding his jock.  And I'm right about this, too.  You don't draft projects in the 1st round and hope they pan out.  I'll be reminding you every time he under-performs his draft status.  He will never be an All Pro.  Never.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I just hope they find someone that will push AJ Cann at RG. I think that spot was a detriment to the run game last year and I really want to see it improve.

I'll stay open-minded about how they address it, but I really would like to see it addressed.

With as many times we've traded up recently in the 2nd, I don't expect them to stay put. If they have someone targeted I see them trading to get them rather than wait to see what falls to us.
"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Nathan Shepherd and Maurice Hurt because we like to stockpile D Linemen

(04-27-2018, 10:54 AM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 10:45 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: A waist? You are clueless, I wanted offense but If the guy turns out to be a future All Pro or Pro Bowler they maid the right pick.  Time will tell.

I'm content to wait to be proven right.  I was right about Byron Leftwich when most of the board was riding his jock.  And I'm right about this, too.  You don't draft projects in the 1st round and hope they pan out.  I'll be reminding you every time he under-performs his draft status.  He will never be an All Pro.  Never.

Man. NFL teams must be begging you to be their GM with knowledge like that.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(04-27-2018, 07:24 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Watch Jacksonville double down on the replacing parts of the defense and take:
Ronnie Harrison - S - Alabama

Wouldn't surprise me. They like him and he's from the SEC. The draft is about the future, not the now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-27-2018, 11:43 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 07:24 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Watch Jacksonville double down on the replacing parts of the defense and take:
Ronnie Harrison - S - Alabama

Wouldn't surprise me. They like him and he's from the SEC. The draft is about the future, not the now.

Takes Church's salary off the books in 2019.  (6.25 mill - no dead money) Makes sense. 

I'd like to see offensive help in round two though.

(04-27-2018, 10:00 AM)CAPTAIN Wrote: Ronald Jones and Braden Smith

^^Would potentially be BAP and both could realistically be there. Not bad!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

If Hernandez doesn't fall, Tyrell Crosby would be good
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 01:06 PM by knarnn.)

(04-27-2018, 11:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 11:43 AM)knarnn Wrote: Wouldn't surprise me. They like him and he's from the SEC. The draft is about the future, not the now.

Takes Church's salary off the books in 2019.   (6.25 mill - no dead money)   Makes sense. 

I'd like to see offensive help in round two though.

I agree. Im thinking O-line heavy. Potentially both a G and a OT in rounds 2-3. Crosby, Williams, Brown and Smith could be in play. Maybe a RB in the 3rd if one of the top rated guys continue to fall like Guice, Chubb, or Jones.

I am thinking G or T in round 2 and TE in round 3.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-27-2018, 09:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 08:56 AM)Markulous Wrote: I'm assuming Hernandez is gone, so these are two guys I'm hoping falls also.

Connor Williams at RG would be nice too

Connor Williams would be nice too, but I really don't see him making it to our pick. I can see him being taken in the first 5 picks tonight.

(04-27-2018, 08:57 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: Do what you have to do to move up and get Hernandez.  The rest of the draft is just depth at this point.

Why are you so anxious to trade away picks? I'd rather trade down and acquire picks. I'd only ever trade up for a QB.
How many rookies you think are gonna make this roster?

I want a T or a G, but I do like Oliver or Jackson if we kept wanting to stack up our D.

I feel like it’s gonna be Orlando Brown in the 2nd. Just a feeling.

(04-27-2018, 01:40 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I feel like it’s gonna be Orlando Brown in the 2nd. Just a feeling.

I doubt it.  He is out of shape and seemed to have effort issues, that isn't going to fly with Coughlin.

(04-27-2018, 11:36 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 10:54 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: I'm content to wait to be proven right.  I was right about Byron Leftwich when most of the board was riding his jock.  And I'm right about this, too.  You don't draft projects in the 1st round and hope they pan out.  I'll be reminding you every time he under-performs his draft status.  He will never be an All Pro.  Never.

Man. NFL teams must be begging you to be their GM with knowledge like that.

Wow. Clever comeback. Impressive.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2018, 01:59 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-27-2018, 01:32 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 09:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Connor Williams would be nice too, but I really don't see him making it to our pick. I can see him being taken in the first 5 picks tonight.

Why are you so anxious to trade away picks? I'd rather trade down and acquire picks. I'd only ever trade up for a QB.
How many rookies you think are gonna make this roster?

It depends on how many veterans we cut.

(04-27-2018, 01:40 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: I feel like it’s gonna be Orlando Brown in the 2nd. Just a feeling.

Unless he can play RG, which he can't, I'm not interested.