Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Wild Card Weekend

(01-06-2019, 04:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 04:37 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Guess we wont hear much from the fans that wanted us to get Lamar.

Some people wanted us to draft this guy and set our franchise back another 3 or 4 years lol.  Thank God Tom and Dave didnt make that grave mistake

Watching Jackson today and Watson yesterday, I'm still not completely sold on these mobile QB's. Russell Wilson is what teams are looking for but I see Jackson and Watson tend to use their legs to bail out plays, it can be effective and turn negative plays sometimes in to big plays. The thing is, I see more and more them trying to do it all themselves, they have coverage and instead of trying to make the pass they'll take off and hope to break one as they have no faith in their arm strength or accuracy. Thats what makes Mahomes special to me, he can run but has that faith in his arm to make tough throws.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This game is comedy gold knowing all the guys that wanted us to waste our 1st round pick on him and set this franchise back that many more years

(01-06-2019, 03:31 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Put in Flacco.  Run based offense designed around inept  Lamar Jackson passing is just straight up garbage to watch.

Yet, your post during the first round of the draft last year:

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1122385

(01-06-2019, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This game is comedy gold knowing all the guys that wanted us to waste our 1st round pick on him and set this franchise back that many more years

Maybe we should get our guy first before insulting someone else'?

(01-06-2019, 04:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 04:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This game is comedy gold knowing all the guys that wanted us to waste our 1st round pick on him and set this franchise back that many more years

Maybe we should get our guy first before insulting someone else'?

Why?  Bortles is better than Jackson.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 04:56 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-06-2019, 04:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 04:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Maybe we should get our guy first before insulting someone else'?

Why?  Bortles is better than Jackson.

Lets see if 31 other GMs agree with your opinion in August.

I wouldn't have onsided that. Few questionable coaching decisopns by Harbaugh today.

(01-06-2019, 04:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 04:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why?  Bortles is better than Jackson.

Lets see if 31 other GMs agree with your opinion in August.

Did I hurt your feelings saying that? Bortles isnt a good QB he is just better than Jackson

(01-06-2019, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 04:54 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lets see if 31 other GMs agree with your opinion in August.

Did I hurt your feelings saying that? Bortles isnt a good QB he is just better than Jackson

Hurt my feelings? No. I am willing to give a rookie who got a team to the playoffs and had a rough game the benefit of the doubt over the veteran who can't throw a spiral you are comparing him to.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 05:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-06-2019, 04:59 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 04:57 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Did I hurt your feelings saying that? Bortles isnt a good QB he is just better than Jackson

Hurt my feelings? No. I am willing to give a rookie who got a team to the playoffs and had a rough game the benefit of the doubt over the veteran who can't throw a spiral you are comparing him to.

He got the Ravens to the playoffs?  The Ravens had the number 1 D, they are by far the biggest reason they made it to the playoffs.  Did Bortles get the Jags to the playoffs last year? We had the number 2 D and Bortles had some really good games last year but you bashed him all year and said how bad he was.

Up Jackson has came back, I take it all back. We should of drafted him

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 05:05 PM by Upper.)

I didn't get to watch the game unfortunately, but did we really expect the youngest QB in playoff history with only a handful of career starts to ball out against a really good Chargers defense? Bortes was awful last year in the fist round too, against the 5th worst playoff team of all time. If Bortles had played that way against this Chargers team it would have been uuuuuuugly also. Oh and that was Bortles' like 60th start. Chill.

Chargers trying to throw this one away.

Jackson is showing heart.

(01-06-2019, 05:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Chargers trying to throw this one away.

Well... If by throw away you mean "give the ravens a chance to attempt an onside kick." 

(11% chance of recovery historically)

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 05:11 PM by JagFan81.)

That looked close, he may be in there.

(01-06-2019, 05:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 05:05 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Chargers trying to throw this one away.

Well... If by throw away you mean "give the ravens a chance to attempt an onside kick." 

This game should be done and dusted. Busted coverage gives up a TD, LB jumping too early and missing a pick and giving up a huge play to the RB. Now a TD to make it a 6 point game

While you are right, they can't do this against the Pats.

(01-06-2019, 05:09 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: That looked close, he may be in there.

(01-06-2019, 05:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Well... If by throw away you mean "give the ravens a chance to attempt an onside kick." 

This game should be done and dusted. Busted coverage gives up a TD, LB jumping too early and missing a pick and giving up a huge play to the RB. Now a TD to make it a 6 point game

Nothing like a little classic Gus Bradley premature soft zone for ya!! 
Tongue

Harbaugh with the worst coached game of the year probably lol.

(01-06-2019, 05:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Tongue

Oh absolutely! The softest of zones!! They've had success blitzing all day so we'll stop doing that.

A 1st down and it's over.

(01-06-2019, 05:12 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Tongue
Nailed it on the head

For what's been a pretty bad game, its ending pretty Well! Not sure about that hold call, Jackson gets one more shot.

Really throw the Chargers off and put Flacco in now. Haha