Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Site Wide Mock Discussion Thead

Nothing wrong with McLaurin, but 2nd round is just a little too high for him. I'd be very surprised if the Jaguars go wide receiver any earlier than round 3, especially if they take a defensive lineman like Sweat in the first round.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Yea I would've gone defense with Adderly or Simmons. McGary would be super tempting too. I've been anti-WR in the 1st few rds for awhile now, just not enough PT to go around between Chark, Westbrook, Lee, and the new guy (regardless of your opinion of Lee)

(03-27-2019, 10:46 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 10:38 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Simmons would have to put on a little size.  We are bad enough against the run as it is.

We need a NT for whoever is gonna replace Dareus

Simmons isn't a slouch when it comes to run defense...he has the frame and a year to add more bulk but the dude is legit as is @ 305.

If he can put on some size

(03-27-2019, 11:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 10:46 AM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: Simmons isn't a slouch when it comes to run defense...he has the frame and a year to add more bulk but the dude is legit as is @ 305.

If he can put on some size

????

You seem to be acting like the dude gets washed out in the run game...he is built like a tree in the lower body.

(03-27-2019, 12:09 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 11:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If he can put on some size

????

You seem to be acting like the dude gets washed out in the run game...he is built like a tree in the lower body.

I'm not saying that but we need a space eater that can take on double teams.  I'd like my NT to be a little bigger.  Not to mention the red flag and the ACL

So, is it time to vote yet?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-27-2019, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 12:09 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: ????

I'm not saying that but we need a space eater that can take on double teams.  I'd like my NT to be a little bigger.  Not to mention the red flag and the ACL
In todays NFL, you don't need traditional NTs. Casey Hamptons of the world are long gone. You need fast and physical DTs who can penetrate and get to the QB.

When naming the best DTs in the league, how many do you name before you get to a true NT?

(03-27-2019, 01:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not saying that but we need a space eater that can take on double teams.  I'd like my NT to be a little bigger.  Not to mention the red flag and the ACL
In todays NFL, you don't need traditional NTs. Casey Hamptons of the world are long gone. You need fast and physical DTs who can penetrate and get to the QB.

When naming the best DTs in the league, how many do you name before you get to a true NT?

It is not even needed in a true 3-4 anymore. You need a guy who is going to cause havoc and if he demands a double team, all the better.

(03-27-2019, 01:04 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 12:18 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not saying that but we need a space eater that can take on double teams.  I'd like my NT to be a little bigger.  Not to mention the red flag and the ACL

If you want to be able to stop the run you do.  We already have 1 LB that's undersized and doing away with a NT in this scheme we would just get gashed even more in the run game.  I'd like to be able to stop the run and be good against the pass.  There us a reason we went out and got Dareus

vote time?

(03-27-2019, 01:16 PM)JagJohn Wrote: vote time?

Yes please.

(This post was last modified: 03-27-2019, 01:51 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Let's vote

I vote Chauncey Gardner for the Bucs

(03-27-2019, 01:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let's vote

If we are voting on the Bucs, they still need a big time ILB for their new 3-4 defense. I vote ILB Mack Wilson Alabama.

(03-27-2019, 01:57 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(03-27-2019, 01:49 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Let's vote

If we are voting on the Bucs, they still need a big time ILB for their new 3-4 defense. I vote ILB Mack Wilson Alabama.

That is true and he is really the only good LB left imo.  LB is the weakest position group in this class.  You talked my into it.  Wilson for me too

I vote Mack Wilson as well. Highest rated ILB on the board.

That makes Wilson the pick. Buffalo (also blkranger) is now on the clock.

Wilson too. Let's make it official.

unfortunately the next pick is Buffalo which is also blkranger's team. Do we give him another 12 hours or just vote again?

(03-27-2019, 03:03 PM)JagJohn Wrote: Wilson too. Let's make it official.

unfortunately the next pick is Buffalo which is also blkranger's team. Do we give him another 12 hours or just vote again?

I'm ok with moving forward, but that means I gotta do some homework fast

If everyone else is on board, I nominate Simmons for Buffalo.  They're still a year out from realistic expectation of a postseason run while Allen continues to develop.  This takes the pressure off Simmons and allows him time to recuperate, get some late-season reps, and be ready to plug into the starting lineup the following year.

I am fine with moving forward. He was late on his first round pick too.

Josh Allen needs weapons. My vote is Kelvin Harmon. Best WR on the board. If they go Defense then my vote is for Jachai Polite, the highest rated DE on the https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings board.