Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 Site Wide Mock Discussion Thead

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 12:50 PM by Upper.)

(04-05-2019, 12:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ouch, that 49ers pick hurt. Great pick

(04-05-2019, 11:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Would have*

You think Grier is just as good as Haskins?

Look at the value, Oliver or Hockenson and Grier in the 3rd or Haskins in the first and any other 3rd rounder

Haskins and Sternberger >>> Hockenson and Grier.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-05-2019, 12:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 12:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ouch, that 49ers pick hurt.  Great pick

Look at the value, Oliver or Hockenson and Grier in the 3rd or Haskins in the first and any other 3rd rounder

Have to disagree on that one.  I think Lock and Murray are going to be really good QBs as well and worthy of a top 10 pick but I wouldnt take them in the first either

(04-05-2019, 12:53 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Have to disagree on that one.  I think Lock and Murray are going to be really good QBs as well and worthy of a top 10 pick but I wouldnt take them in the first either

Lmaoooo at that Freudian slip. I think you're on to something comparing Grier to Murray.

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 01:16 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

The way this mock has turned out, If it's anything like the real one I'm leaning toward Oliver in the 1st if hes there and oline in the 2nd . There will probably be some really good safeties and WRs in the 3rd and a couple good TEs. Of course number 1 would be a trade back though

(This post was last modified: 04-05-2019, 01:21 PM by Cleatwood.)

(04-05-2019, 12:50 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 12:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ouch, that 49ers pick hurt.  Great pick

Haskins and almost any TE>>> Hockenson and Grier.

You're almost throwing away a draft pick when you select a QB in the 3rd round or later. 6 out of the 32 starting QBs were taken in the 3rd round or later. 21 of the 32 were selected in the first round. That includes QBs like Fitzpatrick and Keenum who almost certainly will have their job taken away by a younger QB selected high.

If the Jags don't select a QB in the first round this year, I don't want them to draft one period.

I vote Dru Samia for the Jets pick.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

2nd for samia

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 01:26 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-05-2019, 01:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 12:50 PM)Upper Wrote: Haskins and Sternberger >>> Hockenson and Grier.
Haskins and almost any TE>>> Hockenson and Grier.

You're almost throwing away a draft pick when you select a QB in the 3rd round or later. 6 out of the 32 starting QBs were taken in the 3rd round or later. 21 of the 32 were selected in the first round. That includes QBs like Fitzpatrick and Keenum who almost certainly will have their job taken away by a younger QB selected high.

If the Jags don't select a QB in the first round this year, I don't want them to draft one period.

That's a bad way to think.  So if a QB falls to you that you feel like he can be a franchise QB or even a really good back up you dont want to draft one because you're not taking him in the 1st round?  Horrible logic

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 02:20 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I'll vote Tytus Howard. I really think they need an immediate upgrade at RT and a possible future replacement for Beachum.

(04-06-2019, 01:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-05-2019, 01:20 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Haskins and almost any TE>>> Hockenson and Grier.

That's a bad way to think.  So if a QB falls to you that you feel like he can be a franchise QB or even a really good back up you dont want to draft one because you're not taking him in the 1st round?  Horrible logic
If I think a QB is a franchise QB, I’m not passing on him in the 1st round. Why would you pass on him?

(04-06-2019, 07:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 01:25 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: That's a bad way to think.  So if a QB falls to you that you feel like he can be a franchise QB or even a really good back up you dont want to draft one because you're not taking him in the 1st round?  Horrible logic
If I think a QB is a franchise QB, I’m not passing on him in the 1st round. Why would you pass on him?

Because it's a team game and I'm not passing up on a generational type talent at DT or TE when I already have a good QB and just signed 1 to a big deal.  Doesnt make any since to try not and build around him if yiu can add elite players at other important positions

(04-06-2019, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 07:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: If I think a QB is a franchise QB, I’m not passing on him in the 1st round. Why would you pass on him?

Because it's a team game and I'm not passing up on a generational type talent at DT or TE when I already have a good QB and just signed 1 to a big deal.  Doesnt make any since to try not and build around him if yiu can add elite players at other important positions
You’re talking about just this season it seems.

If you need a QB, don’t wait until the 3rd round. If you don’t need one, don’t even bother drafting one because the odds of them being a great QB are very low.

Not to mention if you’re trying to build around Foles, why waste a 3rd rounder on a backup QB? He still needs pieces right? Use that 3rd rounder to help Foles instead of on a QB who most likely will do nothing in the league.

(04-06-2019, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Because it's a team game and I'm not passing up on a generational type talent at DT or TE when I already have a good QB and just signed 1 to a big deal.  Doesnt make any since to try not and build around him if yiu can add elite players at other important positions

If you need a QB, don’t wait until the 3rd round. If you don’t need one, don’t even bother drafting one because the odds of them being a great QB are very low.

Not to mention if you’re trying to build around Foles, why waste a 3rd rounder on a backup QB? He still needs pieces right? Use that 3rd rounder to help Foles instead of on a QB who most likely will do nothing in the league.

Agreed. I desperately wanted Haskins, but when we signed Foles, we committed to him. We need to build around him if we're gonna be successful. That means building the O-Line, giving him targets and building depth in our running game. We shouldn't waste a pick on a backup QB. I believe the plan is to see how Foles does this season and if things don't work out, we can always find a QB in next year's draft. By then, hopefully the offense would be better equipped for a QB to succeed, because we spent this year's picks building pieces around the QB.

Beyond time for this pick to be made. Someone vate Samia and let's lock it in and put the Jags on the clock...

(04-06-2019, 10:21 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Beyond time for this pick to be made. Someone vate Samia and let's lock it in and put the Jags on the clock...
I vote Samia.

Jags are on the clock!

Lots of pressure on this one after the controversy of round 2! Lol

(04-06-2019, 10:29 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Jags are on the clock!

The pressures of a message board mock draft in April have me losing sleep!

(04-06-2019, 10:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 10:29 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Jags are on the clock!

The pressures of a message board mock draft in April have me losing sleep!

Man what are you doing?!? Players from 'college school' never work out in the NFL, everyone knows that! 

Nice pick though, think he's a work in progress but could be a very good right tackle sometime in the future.

(04-06-2019, 10:50 AM)JagJohn Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 10:31 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: The pressures of a message board mock draft in April have me losing sleep!

Man what are you doing?!? Players from 'college school' never work out in the NFL, everyone knows that! 

Nice pick though, think he's a work in progress but could be a very good right tackle sometime in the future.
Ummm Peyton Manning? Ever heard of him? He went to college school.

(This post was last modified: 04-06-2019, 02:17 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-06-2019, 08:56 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 07:46 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Because it's a team game and I'm not passing up on a generational type talent at DT or TE when I already have a good QB and just signed 1 to a big deal.  Doesnt make any since to try not and build around him if yiu can add elite players at other important positions

I'm not saying he would be a lock for my pick but he would be in the discussion.  If he is the BAP I would take him, if a guy falls that could be a starter then I would probably take that player.  It's important to have a good backup as well just incase Foles gets hurt.  More and more teams are showing the importance af having a quality backup just in case of injury. If the Eagles didn't have Foles they would of never won the SB.

(04-06-2019, 10:59 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 10:50 AM)JagJohn Wrote: Man what are you doing?!? Players from 'college school' never work out in the NFL, everyone knows that! 

Ummm Peyton Manning? Ever heard of him? He went to college school.

You don't see how the good franchises draft QBs or bring in a quality QB even when they have a franchise QB?  ThePats do it, Steelers drafted Dobbs and Rudolph, Redskins drafted RG3 and Cousins the same year, NO traded for Teddy, Eagles signed Foles etc.  I would think all these franchises know a good but more than you think you know.  They are doing it right