Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
May/June '19 OTA Updates

(06-04-2019, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 01:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Allen, Williams, and Armstead have all been hurt before the pass have been put on.  #becausejaguars

- Allen was emphasized and re-emphasized as nothing but a bruise. 

- Williams returned to practice the next day and recorded an INT in drills.

- Armstead may have nothing more than a cramp for all we know right now.

Let's not get all worked up there, Chicken Little.

[Image: giphy-3.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-04-2019, 03:10 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  - Allen was emphasized and re-emphasized as nothing but a bruise. 

[Image: giphy-3.gif]
What do you know?! YA TACK FAN!

(06-04-2019, 01:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Allen, Williams, and Armstead have all been hurt before the pass have been put on.  #becausejaguars

Glad you are keeping up.  Good thing Allen is out there practicing with the team since it was just a little bruise

(06-04-2019, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 01:47 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:  - Allen was emphasized and re-emphasized as nothing but a bruise. 

Glad you are keeping up.  Good thing Allen is out there practicing with the team since it was just a little bruise

There's no need to have him out there, especially given the hectic workload rookies have this year. If it was a game week he'd be practicing and play

(06-04-2019, 03:30 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Glad you are keeping up.  Good thing Allen is out there practicing with the team since it was just a little bruise

There's no need to have him out there, especially given the hectic workload rookies have this year. If it was a game week he'd be practicing and play
Get your logic OUTTA HERE!

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 03:38 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-04-2019, 03:27 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Glad you are keeping up.  Good thing Allen is out there practicing with the team since it was just a little bruise

Of course he would, but why have any of the rookies out there then?

Kinda odd when you look around the league and every other team his there 1st round picks practicing after the hectic work load

(06-04-2019, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: There's no need to have him out there, especially given the hectic workload rookies have this year. If it was a game week he'd be practicing and play

(06-04-2019, 03:30 PM)JackCity Wrote: There's no need to have him out there, especially given the hectic workload rookies have this year. If it was a game week he'd be practicing and play

Kinda odd when you look around the league and every other team his there 1st round picks practicing after the hectic work load

The ones with injuries aren't.

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2019, 03:45 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(06-04-2019, 03:40 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Of course he would, but why have any of the rookies out there then?

It's just a little bruise there chicken little, calm down.

(06-04-2019, 03:40 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Of course he would, but why have any of the rookies out there then?

Which 1st round picks are injured right now?

(06-04-2019, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: The ones with injuries aren't.

A bruise is an injury, a minor one but as I said already they are being cautious given the situation.

Haven't a clue. I know Nick Bosa is, and several other rookies but don't keep a dossier, also why does it only matter which 1st rounders are injured? Aj Brown the titans WR is injured too.

Let me get this straight.

Because the Jags staff isn't rushing Allen onto the field in unpadded voluntary practices his injury must be more than just a bruise, or they are not working a rookie hard enough.  Is that it? 

He's a rookie learning a new system and he will largely play a rotational role. Is missing 6 or 7 voluntary, unpadded practices in May/June going to ruin the kids ability to rotate in and rush the passer in September? Will he not get enough reps when the pads come on in camp? 

I just want to be clear on what it is you think I need to be so worried about.

(06-04-2019, 04:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's just a little bruise there chicken little, calm down.

Let me get this straight.

Because the Jags staff isn't rushing Allen onto the field in unpadded voluntary practices his injury must be more than just a bruise, or they are not working a rookie hard enough.  Is that it? 

He's a rookie learning a new system and he will largely play a rotational role. Is missing 6 or 7 voluntary, unpadded practices in May/June going to ruin the kids ability to rotate in and rush the passer in September? Will he not get enough reps when the pads come on in camp? 

I think they are making the right decision not rushing him back.  My comment was just a #becausejaguars comment because of our recent injury history and our history with first round rookies.  

Fowler tore his ACL in his first OTA practice,  the joke had a season ending injury, Ramsey had an ankle injury his rookie year but heralded up for the season.  It was kind of a joke post but I still don't like seeing these minor injuries before pads get out on.  Don't take every post so serious

It's only going to get tougher for them and more risk of injury.  Hopefully our team his healthy for the most part come week 1.

(06-04-2019, 04:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 04:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Let me get this straight.

I think they are making the right decision not rushing him back.  My comment was just a #becausejaguars comment because of our recent injury history and our history with first round rookies.  

Fowler tore his ACL in his first OTA practice,  the joke had a season ending injury, Ramsey had an ankle injury his rookie year but heralded up for the season.  It was kind of a joke post but I still don't like seeing these minor injuries before pads get out on.  Don't take every post so serious

It's only going to get tougher for them and more risk of injury.  Hopefully our team his healthy for the most part come week 1.

I didn't.  But you pressed the issue in two other subsequent posts, so you prompted me to ask what it was you thought we were supposed to be concerned about. 

Apparently the answer is "nothing,"  except for some negative feeling you have personally.

It most likely is a hamstring with Armstead.

I've noticed this for years on end during the offseason that at least one rookie ends up having a hammy. They recover.

(06-04-2019, 03:36 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I don't find it so odd. I think there's often a reason why some teams are especially fraught with injuries.
'02

First round picks in bold...
  • Bills DT Ed Oliver - wearing non-contact jersey due to shoulder soreness
  • Colts C Javon Patterson - on IR with an ACL
  • Chargers S Nasir Adderly - DNP due to an undisclosed injury
  • Jaguars DE Josh Allen - out with an ankle injury
  • Jaguars RB Ryquel Armstead - out with a hamstring
  • Jets DT Quennin Williams - limited with a calf injury
  • Eagles RB Miles Sanders - out with a hamstring
  • 49ers DE Nick Bosa - out with a "minor hamstring"
  • 49ers WR Shawn Poindexter - sat out with a "minor injury"
  • 49ers WR Deebo Samuel - DNP due to a "suspected minor injury"
  • Ravens WR Marquise Brown - out with Lis Franc injury
  • Titans WR AJ Brown - left practice with undisclosed injury

'02

I beg to differ. Not only Allen, but ALL rookies that's slated to contribute and contend has to get acclimated to the speed, conditioning and upgrades w/respect to the NFL. There are a few that can simply step in and create waves but even they need guidance. Allen MUST be in camp and on the practice field rather than taking mental reps to say the least. 

As we know, it usually takes the rookie(s) at least an year to get their feet underneath them to the point of extracting their full potential. Injuries are BANNED from the Jaguars this and next year, (I Wish) so being on the field is imperative for our rookies.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(06-05-2019, 04:57 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(06-04-2019, 03:43 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's just a little bruise there chicken little, calm down.

First round picks in bold...

I think it might be best for all rookies to take a week or two off completely, due to the long grueling pre-draft process they've been through.  They've had almost no time off from the beginning of the 2018 college football season to now.   It's why so many get injured in June and July.

(This post was last modified: 06-05-2019, 10:05 AM by JagsFansince1995.)

Any OTA news or nothing new?
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(06-04-2019, 11:01 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/phillip_heilman/stat...81056?s=21

sadly, when I think 'alpha' and Lee, it's usually "PUP", "MRI", or "ACL"

Armstead's apparent tweak of the hamstring seems to have prompted the Jags to keep numbers up at RB leading into mandatory activities next week.

https://twitter.com/Demetrius82/status/1...9075479555

McGowan was a rookie camp invite who didn't stick BTW

(06-05-2019, 07:18 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 04:57 AM)Jags02 Wrote: First round picks in bold...

I think it might be best for all rookies to take a week or two off completely, due to the long grueling pre-draft process they've been through.  They've had almost no time off from the beginning of the 2018 college football season to now.   It's why so many get injured in June and July.

I don't really see the need. There are only two days of OTAs left, and then next week is the three-day minicamp. After that, they all have over a month off until training camp. Rookies report July 19th.
'02