Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

Hope Jalen enjoys those 9 annual game checks with that .CA tax rate.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-15-2019, 11:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hope Jalen enjoys those 9 annual game checks with that .CA tax rate.

Probably another good reason to ship him to the Rams.

Shad was willing to make him the highest paid CB but the crybaby wanted his applesauce NOW.

The Rams are going to be in a world of cap trouble - and this is without including Ramsey in the books just yet. They will be a fun team to watch during the offseason.

(10-15-2019, 11:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hope Jalen enjoys those 9 annual game checks with that .CA tax rate.

Yet he's still going to make more money in 1, or 2 game checks alone than you, or I, or any of us will probably ever make in our entire lives.... Man that must really suck for him..

Do you think Aaron Donald is crying about state tax and wishing he was a Jaguar because of it?  Probably not.

This is a team game. No one player will give you success by himself. A good team will beat a collection of individuals every time. He had decided to not be a part of the team, so I wish him well and hope to have our guys play against him in the Super Bowl one day. I do applaud the management in negotiating this deal. I do hope they do not use the picks to trade up for any one player. (see my second sentence) Three quality young players over the next 2 years will go along way to helping us pay our vets and stay out of cap issues.

ps. I will be kinda of rooting for LA to have a few difficulties only to enhance the pick position...shame on me.. LOL
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(10-15-2019, 11:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Yet he's still going to make more money in 1, or 2 game checks alone than you, or I, or any of us will probably ever make in our entire lives.... Man that must really suck for him..

Probably not

(10-15-2019, 11:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

Do you think Aaron Donald is crying about state tax and wishing he was a Jaguar because of it?  Probably not.

Donald isn't a crybaby like Ramsey

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 12:02 AM by Eric1.)

Oh but I thought the team hated him and turned on him???

Here's DJ Chark supporting Ramsey...

[Image: EG9r_hiXYAAbeg7.jpg]

Oh but again, the team turned on him and hated him right?

https://twitter.com/_fournette/status/11...9815456769

When will you guys realize the players don't want him gone... It's literally all Coughlin ruining this team again...

Hopefully Khan will dump the real cancer of this team and we can finally move forward.. Sadly, without our best player now though.

We get it, this whole situation was a crap-popsicle....

The [BLEEP] happened, its time to move on and not hang on to threads like a sad clingy ex...

And this is coming from someone who supported him up until the very last moment before he checked out of the team.

I'm totally fine with this move. I wasn't sure the Jags could get two #1's and they got two #1's and a 4th. Hopefully Rams continue to be mediocre. I never believed for a second that Ramsey was going to resign here. At best he was going to hold us ransom for a huge deal to get him to stay and THEN demand a trade.

In the end we used a #1 pick, got 3 years of really good play at minimal salary, and then traded him for two #1's and and a 4th that will also get minimal pay. Solves some of our future cap issues. Sign Yannick hopefully.

Saw this on twitter -

The Rams played zone coverage 66% of the time this season, 4th highest in the NFL.

Lovely. I hope Goff goes down and he has to deal with Bortles, losing, and playing zone.

(10-15-2019, 11:39 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:

That 20m per would have been much sweeter playing in the sunshine state. In his defense, FSU grads ain't the sharpest spoons in the drawer as history has proven over and over.

To the naysayers...

Most would agree Ramsey was probably the most talented person on this roster. Despite that, he was not even voted as Team Captain. He is a head case. Good Riddance and the draft is a crap shoot. We could end up getting 3 good players from those picks. How can you keep a player who doesn't want to play for the team?
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(10-15-2019, 11:32 PM)Eric1 Wrote:

Not sure what you for a living, but I hope what you just said isn't true.

Still pissed we let Meeks go.
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

CBS gives the jags an A

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jalen...e-forward/
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

LOL ESPN is saying its time for the Rams to sit Goff and put BB5 in. Jalen gonna love that. since im the last reaming BB fan i will watch, he looked much improved in the preseason ifn yall didnt catch it.

Jalen can still hold the city of smog hostage come contract time. Me thinks he still ends up playing for the tacks.

(10-16-2019, 12:07 AM)newporttom Wrote: I'm totally fine with this move. I wasn't sure the Jags could get two #1's and they got two #1's and a 4th. Hopefully Rams continue to be mediocre.  I never believed for a second that Ramsey was going to resign here.  At best he was going to hold us ransom for a huge deal to get him to stay and THEN demand a trade.

In the end we used a #1 pick, got 3 years of really good play at minimal salary, and then traded him for two #1's and and a 4th that will also get minimal pay.  Solves some of our future cap issues. Sign Yannick hopefully.

Doesn't solve much when we're eating/paying terrible players like Foles and Norwell a huge amount of $$... etc etc.

Hopefully we'll re-sign Ngakoue, but I don't have much confidence going forward there. They would have got the deal done already, if they really wanted him. Likely another great player we'll lose because of that one old guy...

There's absolutely no excuse, or reason now why this team doesn't beat the Bengals and Jets by at least two scores going forward.. Those two teams are by far some of the worst teams in the league..

The distraction is gone right guys? There's literally no reason to not expect big wins vs two garbage [BLEEP] teams in these next two weeks.. Neither of these next two games should even be close. Easiest wins ever.

(10-16-2019, 01:15 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 12:07 AM)newporttom Wrote: I'm totally fine with this move. I wasn't sure the Jags could get two #1's and they got two #1's and a 4th. Hopefully Rams continue to be mediocre.  I never believed for a second that Ramsey was going to resign here.  At best he was going to hold us ransom for a huge deal to get him to stay and THEN demand a trade.

In the end we used a #1 pick, got 3 years of really good play at minimal salary, and then traded him for two #1's and and a 4th that will also get minimal pay.  Solves some of our future cap issues. Sign Yannick hopefully.

Doesn't solve much when we're eating/paying terrible players like Foles and Norwell a huge amount of $$... etc etc.

Hopefully we'll re-sign Ngakoue, but I don't have much confidence going forward there. They would have got the deal done already, if they really wanted him. Likely another great player we'll lose because of that one old guy...

There's absolutely no excuse, or reason now why this team doesn't beat the Bengals and Jets by at least two scores going forward.. Those two teams are by far some of the worst teams in the league..

The distraction is gone right guys? There's literally no reason to not expect big wins vs two garbage [BLEEP] teams in these next two weeks.. Neither of these next two games should even be close. Easiest wins ever.

While we are stuck with Foles' salary for a couple more years, I truly believe Norwell will be a goner after the season. If we cut him after this season he will have a dead cap number of $9 million, but his actual salary cap figure would be $14.5 million if we keep him in 2020. Cutting him would actually save us $5.5 million and that is pretty significant, especially for a guy who has looked terrible all season. 

As for Ngakoue, I really wanna keep him. I fully expect him to be franchised at season's end. From there, I have no clue what will happen. I guess it all depends on how he finishes this season and plays into the next. 

We better annihilate the Bengals. They are as bad as the Dolphins. The only difference is that the Bengals are actually trying to win. As far as the Jets, I don't know. The Jets I just watched against the Cowboys were not the same sorry team I've seen in 2019. They looked very good against Dallas. Hopefully the bad version returns and we beat them too. 

As far as Ramsey, I'm excited for what we got back in return. When is the last time we've had 2 first round picks in a draft? Now, we get that luxury for the next 2 years! This season, we need to focus on the O-Line, CB, NT, LB and Safety. As for the 2021 draft, that is when I evaluate the QB situation and see where we go from there, but right now, we have Foles under contract and despite a bad game in New Orleans, I've seen enough from Minshew to believe there is something there that we haven't completely tapped into yet. That is why despite who falls, drafting a QB in 2020 is not on my radar at this time. 2020 IMO, should be about improving a bad O-Line, finding Ramsey's replacement and upgrading our run defense.