Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 06:15 AM by SignMeUpAtQB.)

(10-16-2019, 01:57 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: Thank God all this ramsey drama  is over.......that's the best part.
Now we can go back to Jaguars football.

You mean the 2-4 Team with the sorry [BLEEP] defense? Oh great!

Not sure this was the right move, the Rams are probably gonna win the next to games and get into the playoffs. The FRPicks we are getting are gonna be pretty high and closer to the second round, and knowing our FO we are probably drafting WR and CB when the time comes.

Herndon is not good enough to be a starter in the NFL, he has been getting exposed by every QB he faced, so we now have a(nother) need at CB. Basically, our season is over, we might as well tank for a higher pick.
Tired of this team and the FO. Wish they got rid of every single staff member, including Coughlin, who put us in this mess in the first place.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I’m frustrated that we couldn’t keep an elite talent too, but there’s no player bigger than the team.

No matter how good your defense is, or how good Ramsey is , we’re only as good as Minchew.

And the silver lining in all of this, is now we can build around Minchew. Maybe we can go get him an elite TE and an elite Guard to help our offense get going.

We held New Orleans to a low score and still lost. We would have lost even with Ramsey.

We got blowed out by KC with Ramsey. They exposed him and he became expendable.

(10-16-2019, 04:09 AM)KABD Wrote: Perfect.  Two 1sts and a 4th to go with so much more cap space for a headcase who doesn't want to play here.  No more divas.

The Rams on the other hand are going to go 5 years without having a 1st rd pick and are going to have huge cap problems soon.  They also have no OL for their $33.5M per season QB lol.

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status...8379859969

Add Ramsey's contract to that, and a new extension that'll pay him about $17M APY.

The Rams might not even make the playoffs with how bad they've looked which would make this trade even more of a steal getting at least a top 20 pick.

Some project the Rams to be even worse next season.  Top 10 pick?

Here's to hoping that it pans out this way w/respect to the Rams faultering. 

Time Will Tell.

Having four first round draft picks in the next two years is sexy.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I think this bears repeating. We got the picks AND we saved ourselves $100 million, which we can now use on some decent free agents.

The Rams not only lose the picks, they lose $100 million if they want to keep the guy beyond the end of his current contract. Which they better do, or he'll decide he doesn't want to play!

Is Ramsey worth 2 first round picks plus a 4th round pick plus a $100 million contract? That's what we got out of this deal: the draft picks plus the $100 million savings.

(10-15-2019, 08:56 PM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 08:30 PM)hb1148 Wrote: You're in the minority in that opinion. He's a first rate talent to be sure but he's not as good as he thinks he is and he needs to be coddled to be properly motivated. Don't need a diva like that on the team.

I guess you speak for everyone, but I don't really care either way. He absolutely is as good as he thinks he is.

I don't speak for everyone, but I am listening. He thinks he's the GOAT and he's not. He's a great talent but he's also a primadonna and most people get that it's not worth it.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(10-16-2019, 06:13 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 05:06 AM)Eric1 Wrote: That's how we always talk before we get [BLEEP] all over...

It's sad to say, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see us lose to either the Bengals, or the Jets...

Wouldn't be surprised if we lost to both of them and I wouldn't be upset...

The sooner this team can dump Coughlin, the better for this franchise.

Probably going to happen again lol

Not surprising at all coming from you. I'd be shocked if you wanted or expected us to win.. 

I'm sure the rams could use another fan, god knows they are going to need all they can get when they suck again in the near future.

Why would I support another franchise, when god knows the Jags franchise could use all the help they could get...

Honestly, I think with Darnold back we will lose to the Jets...

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 06:51 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-15-2019, 09:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: This team isn't rebuilding again. They're going to either build around Minshew [If he starts winning for this team starting against the Bengals] or Foles if Minshew falters.

Defensively they're young still and can add in some areas. Offensively they're also relatively young still and can stand to add some protection and chain movers at the TE position.

I think in about 3 years this trade will look damn good for this team and subpar for the Rams.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NOT rebuilding?

Let's start with the defense.

Calais Campbell will be 34 next year and has a high cap figure. 

Dareus will be 30 next year and has a higher cap figure.

Ramsey is now gone, and we''ll need to replace him with a high quality CB.

Who knows if Ngakoue will be here?

Right off the bat, we are looking at a minimum of four players we will realistically need to replace within the next year or two, and that says nothing of possible failures at both S positions, to say nothing of what you might think of Jack and Williams.

The offense is in need of quality linemen and playmakers.

We have no TE.  After an interesting start, Conley has disappeared from the offense.  While he's still young, Jawaan Taylor's performance has been concerning to say the least.  Nobody is truly happy with Cann.  Linder has never played a complete season.  Few seem happy with Robinson, and most view Norwell as a disappointment at best..

All of this assumes we keep the same schemes.

If the team does not win, Khan has given indication that he will clean house, and who knows what the personnel requirements will be with a new coach?

If the new coach doesn't like Foles or Minshew, you could add QB to the list.
Yo... my man. Chill.

Bryan replaces Dareus
Allen replaces Campbell
Ngakoue will be resigned

Multiple 1's, a 2, 3, 4, etc. over the next two draft's plus free agency.

Offensively? They need a TE, who could be Josh Oliver already who we haven't seen yet. And probably a better LT and G to shore up the line.

Not ready to [BLEEP] the bed here. . .

(10-16-2019, 06:45 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 06:25 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think this bears repeating.  We got the picks AND we saved ourselves $100 million, which we can now use on some decent free agents.  

The Rams not only lose the picks, they lose $100 million if they want to keep the guy beyond the end of his current contract.  Which they better do, or he'll decide he doesn't want to play!  

Is Ramsey worth 2 first round picks plus a 4th round pick plus a $100 million contract?   That's what we got out of this deal: the draft picks plus the $100 million savings.

Naw this team would rather pay a QB $25m per year to sit on the bench, over paying actual good players who help this team...

People need to realize and understand that the players see this franchise hard balling our best players... There's not a single FA who's going to sign here, unless this team highly overpays them...
Yo.. book a flight to L.A so you can hang on Ramsey's nuts some more my guy.

He didn't WANT to be here. Hardball, lowball.

Khan publicly said everything needed to make that little [BLEEP] happy and it wasn't enough.

Yeah it'll hurt for awhile. He good. We know, we know. But its a team sport bro. And he didnt want to be here with the team.

Give it time. His former teammates will start opening up more about this [BLEEP] now that he's gone.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The Bottom Line is that we got true value and increased our cap space by trading him. I Sincerely didn't want to see him go but he was in his feelings and didn't want to be here so, Good Bye and let's move on.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(10-16-2019, 06:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:38 PM)Bullseye Wrote: NOT rebuilding?

Let's start with the defense.

Calais Campbell will be 34 next year and has a high cap figure. 

Dareus will be 30 next year and has a higher cap figure.

Ramsey is now gone, and we''ll need to replace him with a high quality CB.

Who knows if Ngakoue will be here?

Right off the bat, we are looking at a minimum of four players we will realistically need to replace within the next year or two, and that says nothing of possible failures at both S positions, to say nothing of what you might think of Jack and Williams.

The offense is in need of quality linemen and playmakers.

We have no TE.  After an interesting start, Conley has disappeared from the offense.  While he's still young, Jawaan Taylor's performance has been concerning to say the least.  Nobody is truly happy with Cann.  Linder has never played a complete season.  Few seem happy with Robinson, and most view Norwell as a disappointment at best..

All of this assumes we keep the same schemes.

If the team does not win, Khan has given indication that he will clean house, and who knows what the personnel requirements will be with a new coach?

If the new coach doesn't like Foles or Minshew, you could add QB to the list.
Yo... my man. Chill.

Bryan replaces Dareus
Allen replaces Campbell
Ngakoue will be resigned

Offensively? They need a TE, who could be Josh Oliver already who we haven't seen yet. And probably a better LT and G to shore up the line.

(10-16-2019, 06:45 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Naw this team would rather pay a QB $25m per year to sit on the bench, over paying actual good players who help this team...

People need to realize and understand that the players see this franchise hard balling our best players... There's not a single FA who's going to sign here, unless this team highly overpays them...

Khan publicly said everything needed to make that little [BLEEP] happy and it wasn't enough.

Yeah it'll hurt for awhile. He good. We know, we know. But its a team sport bro. And he didnt want to be here with the team.

Give it time. His former teammates will start opening up more about this [BLEEP] now that he's gone.

Maybe you're new to it, but there's been multiple teammates of his who have already come out with their displeasure... They know first hand, Coughlin is a problem for this franchise.

Bad teams/franchises don't get any better by getting rid of their best players. That's a fact, period.

Imagine having the first All-Pro this franchise has had since Fred Taylor, and this front office/fan base wanted him gone LOL. Bunch of clueless idiots.

The 2 games we lost without Ramsey, would we of won with him? The Car. we got gashed in the run game and NO game we held them to 13 points. He would of made a difference in either.

(10-16-2019, 07:05 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 06:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Yo... my man. Chill.

Bryan replaces Dareus
Allen replaces Campbell
Ngakoue will be resigned

Maybe you're new to it, but there's been multiple teammates of his who have already come out with their displeasure... They know first hand, Coughlin is a problem for this franchise.

Bad teams/franchises don't get any better by getting rid of their best players. That's a fact, period.

Imagine having the first All-Pro this franchise has had since Fred Taylor, and this front office/fan base wanted him gone LOL. Bunch of clueless idiots.

No one wanted him gone untill he started acting like a spoiled little kid who refused to play. Everyone went out of their way to settle him down, but he pouted like a brat and played stupid games that showed he has zero integrity.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Bryan replaces Dareus
Allen replaces Campbell
Ngakoue will be resigned

Fred didn't act like a diva walking around in high heels. Or roll up in a brink's truck during training camp and then profess it's about "respeck! respeck!" and not the money.

See, I would side with you here. But I can't. Not after he was physically cleared to play. Not after Khan came out publicly and supported the guy and declared he would essentially break the bank for him.

It's a two way street. Respect goes both ways. When Ngakoue and Fournette are extended between late this year and next year it'll be fine.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Bryan replaces Dareus
Allen replaces Campbell
Ngakoue will be resigned

The only ones we know for sure on the Jags who have a problem with TC are a couple of quitters:  Telvin and Jalen.  So it's really just a couple of thin-skinned divas who have a problem with a strong leader.  Baseless assertion.

Which part of the team did not "get rid" of Ramsey do you not understand?  Ramsey lied, faked injury, and quit his way out.  His injured pride for being chewed out be damned.

Straight up fiction.  There is no evidence the FO wanted him gone.

We get it.  You keep telling us you know more than everyone else.  You're the only one who doesn't see that you don't.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 07:21 AM by The Real Marty.)

Bryan replaces Dareus
Allen replaces Campbell
Ngakoue will be resigned

You want to get rid of the front office?  Fine.  That's a whole separate subject.  

But aside from that, the Ramsey trade is a home run for this franchise.  The Rams give up the picks plus a huge contract.  The Jags get the picks plus they avoid a huge contract.  That's a huge win for the Jags in my opinion.  

You want a new front office?  Fine.  With the draft picks this team now has, you would have no shortage of applicants for those jobs.  Not to mention, the new front office folks won't have to deal with that crazy diva CB and his incredible salary demands.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 07:28 AM by Jags32250.)

BBINT, Dante PersonalFowler and Ramsme, enjoy Rams. I’ll be rootin against ya for the next two years! Sundays just got a little more interesting so thanks for that.

Now we can return to being a primary zone team and minimize the need for a shutdown corner.

Time for Bouye to return to form where he was nearly as good as Ramsey.

Make no mistake the Jags mucked this up by signing a MLB we now see isn't worth it. It was seen as disrespectful and frankly isn't a move a properly run team would've made.

(10-15-2019, 09:12 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:08 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I'll give you Ramsey. Fowler and BB? Nah. Just points to the fact that an elite corner will not get you to the dance very often.

I didn't claim BB was good, Fowler on the other hand is at least decent. My main point is that even in his off years, Caldwell is getting guys who are staying in the league and contributing. He is better than he gets credit for. I don't think almost any of Gene Smiths picks were in the league 5 years after he drafted them.

Ironically, Brian Anger is still in the league.
(apologies if someone posted this, I haven't read the entire thread)
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

On one hand I'm happy with the deal as we got two first rounders plus a mid rounder. The first rounders may not be top 10 but hopefully the Rams will continue to disappoint and the picks will be in the high teens or low 20s. Plus we save all that money which we can use to patch holes and sign other players who we may have had to make hard decisions on.

On the otherhand, things worked out pretty well for Ramsey. The longer this went along, the more I kept rooting against him. Total diva, terrible team player, and I hope his career turns into a big disappointment.

Buh-bye.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]