Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 09:09 AM by Bullseye.)

(10-15-2019, 11:05 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So you think it's HIS fault?!?

Yes, that will be an interesting comparison.

My hunch is it is doubtful the Jaguars will draft an equal or better talent with the picks acquired from the Rams.

Of course lol..

Anybody who dislikes Ramsey literally looks at it like this....

If this team loses, it's because of Ramsey..

If this team wins, it's because they're winning despite of Ramsey rolf.

The chances this franchise drafts another blue chip, elite top 3 (best player at said position) player with either of those picks are literally the slimmest to none.

Precisely.

(10-15-2019, 11:14 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Hope Jalen enjoys those 9 annual game checks with that .CA tax rate.

Even assuming Ramsey pays way more than he wants in CA taxes and cost of living, how does that help the Jaguars?

It doesn't.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2019, 08:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 08:44 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Ramsey isn't going to be happy in zone 66% of the time.

Ramsey also isn't going to be happy being a complete and total nobody in LA. The best he can hope for is to be LeBron's cabana boy.
I don't really care if Ramsey is happy lol

No doubt.. but... if he's not happy... he lets the world know. I'm glad he's their problem now Smile

(10-16-2019, 09:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: haha, well good thing we got rid of him and got all those picks since we are in rebuild mode.  

Overreacting much?  hahaha Laughing

One would of thought we just lost Prime or Champ Bailey lol

Overreacting?!?

I've been talking about a possible rebuild for months, dating back to the early re-sign Yannick discussions.  

Furthermore, the age and salary cap concerns for Campbell and Dareus exists wholly independent of Ramsey.  Had Ramsey not been traded, Campbell would still be 34 next year with a high cap number, while Dareus would still be 30 with an even higher cap number.

Welcome to pessimism my friend.  It is odd because I'm actually feeling slightly better about the long term.  The team is going to need to get very creative going forward.  Honestly I didn't think this was going to be a good year but I was hoping we would see growth where we could see the future and the team being a team.

Is it a coincidence that the taunting, personal fouls and other penalties are down against our defense?  I wonder if the Refs were biased against Ramsey's mouth and were more willing to throw hankies.  It will be interesting to see how it trends going forward.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 09:15 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(10-16-2019, 08:53 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: I am constantly amazed at how so many here can see and predict the future ....
You all must make a fortune in the stock market.

I actually come to this site to get tips on the market.  It was here that I obtained information that this search engine thing called Google was going to be the next big thing.  They also persuaded me to dump MySpace stock and go with Facebook.   There is a lot of filthy rich people on this site, kind of like the Wall Street of the South.

The three picks represent, assuming picking up the 5th year option on the firsts, 14 years of inexpensive players.

Ramsey would be whatever you say- 3 more years of exhorbitant cost? 4 more years?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-15-2019, 10:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: The team is 19-32 during Ramsey’s career. 

It’ll be interesting and fun to compare Ramsey’s career moving forward with the 3 picks acquired in the trade.

So you think it's HIS fault?!?

My hunch is it is doubtful the Jaguars will draft an equal or better talent with the picks acquired from the Rams.

Exactly.  This is why I think any fan should be looking at this as a Time of morning.  You don't trade a winning Lottery ticket for 10k blank tickets for the next draw.  The overwhelming odds are you just traded away millions of dollars for worthless pieces of paper.  In the Case of Ramsey you're talking about a billion dollar powerball jackpot.  Since this teams inception we have had what 170ish draft picks.  Have we ever drafted a better defender than Him?  One could argue he's one of the most unique defensive backs to ever play the game with his mixture of coverage and striking ability.  10 years @ corner and another 4 or 5 @ free Safety just walked out the door, but that's okay because Todd Wash is going to run some 4d chess version of Cover 3?  Deandre Hopkins is laughing @ us.  We may very well have surrendered any competitive advantage in this division away for the next half decade, and it was a decision made by an 80 year old man who probably won't be here next year. 

& you're also right about the cap situation.  You can't have a Nose Tackle on premium money, you can't have a 5 Technique end @ 34 on premium money and for some reason now we have a middle linebacker who never made a pro-bowl who misses run fits that got paid before the best player to ever walk into a defensive meeting room.  This might just be one of the worst allocations of resources I've ever seen.

Glad it's over with.

Glad to have draft capital.

Sad to see our secondary suffer this season.

Whatever, moving on.

(10-16-2019, 09:11 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 08:48 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I don't really care if Ramsey is happy lol

No doubt.. but... if he's not happy... he lets the world know. I'm glad he's their problem now Smile

True.  Nothing has really changed for Ramsey.  He still has to play on his existing salary and may likely need to risk next season as well or have the Rams fork up $20m/year which will deplete the $$ they can spend on other positions.  Luckily for Ramsey the Rams have a pass rush; we all saw Ramsey suck against the Chiefs when we couldn't get pressure on Mahommes

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 09:22 AM by Jagwired.)

Good to know that I could slap and spit into some of your faces and you would still like me if I could play CB at a high level . Even if I was faking an injury to not play for your team. Boy, some of you are as sweet as sweet jalen is. That is very nice of y'all.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(10-16-2019, 09:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Good to know that I could slap and spit into some of your faces and you would still like me if I could play CB at a high level . Even if I was faking an injury to not play for your team. Boy, some of you are as sweet as sweet jalen is. That is very nice of y'all.

That applies to about 28 of the 32 front offices in the league. 

They repeatedly snatch up wife-beaters, rapists, and criminals who are released from other teams every single year. 
Talent supercedes morality and integrity in this league whether we like it or not.

(10-16-2019, 09:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 09:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: haha, well good thing we got rid of him and got all those picks since we are in rebuild mode.  

Overreacting much?  hahaha Laughing

One would of thought we just lost Prime or Champ Bailey lol

Overreacting?!?

I've been talking about a possible rebuild for months, dating back to the early re-sign Yannick discussions.  

Furthermore, the age and salary cap concerns for Campbell and Dareus exists wholly independent of Ramsey.  Had Ramsey not been traded, Campbell would still be 34 next year with a high cap number, while Dareus would still be 30 with an even higher cap number.

Dareus hasn't played all that well. Really hard to replace  Rolleyes
Yan has 2 sacks in 6 games, where in hell are we gonna get that kind of production right? Rolleyes we should trade him ASAP
Campbell will restructure

(10-16-2019, 09:23 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:19 AM)Jagwired Wrote: Good to know that I could slap and spit into some of your faces and you would still like me if I could play CB at a high level . Even if I was faking an injury to not play for your team. Boy, some of you are as sweet as sweet jalen is. That is very nice of y'all.

That applies to about 28 of the 32 front offices in the league. 

They repeatedly snatch up wife-beaters, rapists, and criminals who are released from other teams every single year. 
Talent supercedes morality and integrity in this league whether we like it or not.

Especially a Kroenke run front office. That [BLEEP] did the same thing to an entire city.

(10-16-2019, 09:27 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:03 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Overreacting?!?

Dareus hasn't played all that well. Really hard to replace  Rolleyes
Yan has 2 sacks in 6 games, where in hell are we gonna get that kind of production right? Rolleyes we should trade him ASAP

Dareus is basically playing with one arm. How many RBs did he stop or slow down near the LOS last year with one arm while he was still engaged in a block?  (hint: it was a high number)  He can't do that right now because of the elbow injury. 

Ngakoue played 5 games on a bad hamstring. 

I find it extremely unwise to pretend that what we've seen from these two up until now has been an accurate representation of their talent and healthy potential.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 09:39 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Comments from the Yahoo article --- these comments that appear at the top of the comments section are based on which articles get the most Likes.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-jag...38328.html

"So, the Rams swapped their CBs, lost two firsts and a fourth, plus got a reserve LB. Ramsey is in year four of his rookie deal and will want monster money next year as he approaches free agency. Unless I missed something, they just gave up two firsts and a fourth for 22 games of Ramsey, then won't be able to afford him after that. Somebody, please tell me I'm wrong."

"Jalen ramsey is good but jags won that trade for sure"

"2 first round picks for a db?? Wow jaguars scored."

"Great negotiating by Jacksonville as Ramsey was going to be a pain all season and end up not giving them anything from here on out. Surprised they got two first round picks but a Super Bowl Contender dropping to 3-3 on the season aided that."

(10-16-2019, 09:17 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-15-2019, 10:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: So you think it's HIS fault?!?

Exactly.  This is why I think any fan should be looking at this as a Time of morning.  You don't trade a winning Lottery ticket for 10k blank tickets for the next draw.  The overwhelming odds are you just traded away millions of dollars for worthless pieces of paper.  In the Case of Ramsey you're talking about a billion dollar powerball jackpot.  Since this teams inception we have had what 170ish draft picks.  Have we ever drafted a better defender than Him?  One could argue he's one of the most unique defensive backs to ever play the game with his mixture of coverage and striking ability.  10 years @ corner and another 4 or 5 @ free Safety just walked out the door, but that's okay because Todd Wash is going to run some 4d chess version of Cover 3?  Deandre Hopkins is laughing @ us.  We may very well have surrendered any competitive advantage in this division away for the next half decade, and it was a decision made by an 80 year old man who probably won't be here next year. 

& you're also right about the cap situation.  You can't have a Nose Tackle on premium money, you can't have a 5 Technique end @ 34 on premium money and for some reason now we have a middle linebacker who never made a pro-bowl who misses run fits that got paid before the best player to ever walk into a defensive meeting room.  This might just be one of the worst allocations of resources I've ever seen.

At this point, we've been 'mourning' over this for the past several weeks. You had to know that this was coming. The moment Ramsey declared he wanted off the team I just knew there was no coming back from it.

I got over it once he missed that second game. That's when It was obvious he was gonna be a jerk about the whole thing and game the system. If people are happy right now - though I'm really only speaking for myself - i'm just glad that the drama is over with. Jacksonville's left picking up the pieces and that sucks no matter which way you cut it.

But they were going to have to pick up pieces in one way or another regardless. This team's probably not making the playoffs. And certainly they aren't achieving that again under Marrone. There wasn't going to be a happy ending to this drama.

(10-16-2019, 09:33 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:27 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Dareus hasn't played all that well. Really hard to replace  Rolleyes
Yan has 3 sacks in 6 games, where in hell are we gonna get that kind of production right? Rolleyes we should trade him ASAP

Dareus is basically playing with one arm. How many RBs did he stop or slow down near the LOS last year with one arm while he was still engaged in a block?  (hint: it was a high number)  He can't do that right now because of the elbow injury. And we know he will be back to his old self next year when he is one year older... we have 4 1st round picks, 2nd round picks?  or whatever, we can get a decent player to replace him, it is not like he is A. Donald

Ngakoue played 5 games on a bad hamstring. Excuses. He is a 8-10 sacks per year guy, nothing special and doesn't deserve the deal he wants, he is replaceable

I find it extremely unwise to pretend that what we've seen from these two up until now has been an accurate representation of their talent and healthy potential.

https://twitter.com/lockedonjaguars/stat...45120?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

O'Zone today. Sweet Jalen getting burned.

Tom from St. Augustine, FL

You said Jalen has a serious back injury. Wanna bet lunch? I got he plays this Sunday.

I also agree that Ramsey probably will play Sunday. Considering the seriousness of his back injury – i.e., considering that it kept this player from playing the game he loves with his teammates that he loves so much – I can only consider this one of the great miracles of modern medicine. They may write journal articles and perhaps books on this someday. I can’t wait to read it

(10-16-2019, 09:16 AM)PF* Wrote: The three picks represent, assuming picking up the 5th year option on the firsts, 14 years of inexpensive players.

Ramsey would be whatever you say- 3 more years of exhorbitant cost? 4 more years?

This is the way I’m looking at things too. Those 3 players that we’re going to get in exchange for Ramsey will be on cheap rookie deals which will help with our cap situation the next couple of years. To throw your hands up and say there’s no way we’re going to replace Ramsey’s talent is a little alarmist. You never know what a player is until they play. We may luck into another generational talent with BOTH of the picks we got from the Rams. 18 picks in the next 2 drafts with 4 first rounders is a huge amount of chips to have for restocking this team.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Oehser's latest O-Zone column is very telling.  I think a lot of people in the building are glad that he's finally gone.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.