Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey thread (merged)

(10-16-2019, 09:38 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: In reference to some of the opinions on what we do with the draft picks and a QB in 2020 and/or 2021....... BAP IMO.

We passed up Big Ben cause we had Lefttown. We passed up Mahomie and Watson cause we had BB5. I don't care how good Minshew is or "could" be, or how great the come back kid Foles will be. If the #1 pick gets shopped in 2020 or 2021 package the picks and you draft TUA (2020) or Lawrence (2021). IMO these two are can't miss talents, I'm no expert either, but these two players ball out!

100% agreed, I made this very same point earlier.

Lawrence is the truth.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(10-16-2019, 09:58 PM)Corriewf Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 09:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I listened to it multiple times with headphones and without.

Hard to tell really. I kept hearing "[BLEEP] that, or [BLEEP] yeah".

Could be "bump that" as well. The 2nd time dude says it is clearer, but still hard to make out for 100% certain.

I most definitely don't hear "Jalen" though.

Look man.. I didn’t want say this as I just assumed you would hear it... but he said the following:

“ [BLEEP] Ramsey and [BLEEP] eric1 from duvalpride for being on Ramsey’s nuts! “  At which point Jack started to laugh.

Not my words.. I’m just translating it.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=3555158]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2019, 10:15 PM by Bullseye.)

(10-16-2019, 08:49 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(10-16-2019, 08:47 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I'm sure Marrone doesn't like being undermined by Coughlin either. Coughlin can go into the locker room and rip into players whenever he wants, like he's the HC or something, but doesn't have the balls to address the situation he created? Instead he continues to throw Marrone out there to answer all the questions.. Pretty gutless on Coughlin's part.

You are such a keyboard commando!  LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know/won''t say if TC said what he said out of the best of intentions, cowardice (don't think so), hubris, or some combination thereof, but it wouldn't be farfetched to see Marrone feeling similarly about what TC did on some level if he disagreed with the trade.

(10-16-2019, 09:38 PM)JAGFAN4EVER! Wrote: In reference to some of the opinions on what we do with the draft picks and a QB in 2020 and/or 2021....... BAP IMO.

We passed up Big Ben cause we had Lefttown. We passed up Mahomie and Watson cause we had BB5. I don't care how good Minshew is or "could" be, or how great the come back kid Foles will be. If the #1 pick gets shopped in 2020 or 2021 package the picks and you draft TUA (2020) or Lawrence (2021). IMO these two are can't miss talents, I'm no expert either, but these two players ball out!

I haven't  seen too much of Lawrence (though I like what I have seen), but I've seen a lot of Tua.

To me, Tua reminds me of a left handed Drew Brees.

I like what I've seen from the LSU kid, though I need to see more of him.

Fromm had a bad bad  game last Saturday.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-16-2019, 09:20 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I listened to it multiple times with headphones and without.

Could be "bump that" as well. The 2nd time dude says it is clearer, but still hard to make out for 100% certain.

Look man.. I didn’t want say this as I just assumed you would hear it... but he said the following:

“ [BLEEP] Ramsey and [BLEEP] eric1 from duvalpride for being on Ramsey’s nuts! “  At which point Jack started to laugh.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f6e00dadc10a23b6d8...=giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

[Image: giphy.gif]

Goodness I miss the +1 feature
Jaguars Fundamentalist

10/10 excellent post, would read again.

An interesting read...

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/9/17/20869...beuSFQQELY

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(10-16-2019, 11:19 PM)Bullseye Wrote: An interesting read...

Not really, mostly a regurgitation of Eric1's talking points.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 12:09 AM by JagsFanSince95.)

Far from interesting and has been shared already. Its a trash article with half truths. The only fair point they make is resigning Bortles and not just letting his 5th year option determine if we keep him or not. That is literally all they have here. 

1. What was the team to do? Signing guys 2 years before their rookie deal is up isn't the norm.. Ramsey would have gotten paid this off-season, and Shad made that known. These players do realize there is a salary cap, right? 

2. Same with Yan, the reports and rumors are he would have been a top 5 paid DE if he took the deal offered this past off-season, is he playing like a top 5 DE This year(No.)?

3. EVERY team mixes and matches zone and man. Jalen doesn't get to be DC and CB - I hope he enjoys the Rams defense - playing zone. 

4. No team, unless you are the Patriots, and MAYBE the Chiefs with Pat, win every year consistently. Look at the Rams, 3-3, Eagles, 3-3, and Falcons, 1-5. These are your 3 most recent SB teams not named New England. Not one of them have a "winning" record right now and have glaring holes/weaknesses. Lets go back 1 more year, Denver is 2-4 and Carolina is the only winning team on this list NOT named New England at 4-2, which posted record of 17-16 in the 2 years after their Superbowl, including 1 playoff loss in the wild card. 

Winning is hard in the NFL - "I just want to win" is not an excuse, every player does. Its hard to win on a regular basis in the NFL. Teams like the  Brady led Patriots, Or the Manning era Colts, and now the Mahomes era Chiefs, are the exception, not the rule. Talk to guys on the Browns, Dolphins, Jets, or Redskins. At least the Jaguars were in a AFCCG a couple seasons ago, had a chance to win a lot of games last year, and could easily be 3-3 right now. 

Jalen is a me first, diva who lacks any form of accountability. His team was tied for 1st in the AFCS when he decided to quit on his team. Good. Riddance.

Edit: Throw Russel Wilson in there too, guy is a baller and I forgot about the Hawks, very good with him as well.

Jalen was inactive due to #Back Injuries as an Jaguar BUT he'll play ball for the Rams upon an trade.

A.B. Cyndrom

NH3...
"AZANE"

Bye Felicia

NH3...
"AZANE"

sweet jalen can't hold this guy's jock strap
[Image: rashean-mathis-long-hair-football-player...00x463.jpg]
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 01:50 AM by Eric1.)

Pretty much spot on... Bad team stays making bad decisions..

2017 seems so long ago. Seems like 1-2 winning seasons per decade is the norm for this franchise. 97-99, 05-07, 2017.... 2025-2027 can't come soon enough.  Laughing

(10-17-2019, 01:22 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/11...66406?s=19

Interesting.

Hopefully we all wake up tomorrow to the news that Coughlin is gone as well.

(10-17-2019, 01:48 AM)Eric1 Wrote:

Pretty much spot on... Bad team stays making bad decisions..

2017 seems so long ago. Seems like 1-2 winning seasons per decade is the norm for this franchise. 97-99, 05-07, 2017.... 2025-2027 can't come soon enough.  Laughing

(10-17-2019, 01:22 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/11...66406?s=19

Interesting.

It’s coming. I have a feeling TC will be having 2nd “retirement” in the near future. 

But whether that happens in a few hours, in the offseason, or even if it would’ve happened 3 weeks ago, it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the events that have transpired. Perhaps delayed it slightly, but the end result would’ve been the same.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(10-16-2019, 08:54 PM)RealJagsFan Wrote: Yup, it's time for his name to leave the "Home team" forums.

Amen to that. Move this to league forums! Get this Rams player outta here.

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 04:04 AM by Eric1.)

(10-17-2019, 03:38 AM)knarnn Wrote:
(10-17-2019, 01:48 AM)Eric1 Wrote: Pretty much spot on... Bad team stays making bad decisions..

It’s coming. I have a feeling TC will be having 2nd “retirement” in the near future. 

But whether that happens in a few hours, in the offseason, or even if it would’ve happened 3 weeks ago, it wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the events that have transpired. Perhaps delayed it slightly, but the end result would’ve been the same.

Lets hope it happens a lot sooner, rather than later.

But even then, I can't fully agree with you man. If TC was never brought back here in 2016-2017, I believe things would be completely different on this situation.

TC pretty much made it clear that he didn't like Ramsey from the second he joined this team. Obviously things boiled up beyond return now, but I have no doubts things would be different right now, if TC didn't help destroy it all. He really is the main cancer in this situation.

Ramsey isn't without fault, no question. Hes been a [BLEEP] head throughout this entire situation. Especially with his quotes since being traded. Him talking about how he loves football and misses football etc etc etc. [BLEEP] him for that and [BLEEP] him for being a cause of this situation, but deep down we all truly know (even if y'all don't wanna admit it) Coughlin is the real problem. It's pretty blatantly obvious.. I mean, even the HC Marrone is basically saying it in so many words.. You can tell he's pretty fed up with it.

I get it, Ramsey made Khan look like a fool and pretty much forced his hand after he(Khan) endlessly supported him. Lets just hope Khan realizes that TC is also making him look like a fool and dumps his [BLEEP] like yesterday. Would be the best case scenario going forward.

I don't totally understand the whole "made Khan look foolish". Khan took it upon himself to go public and say Ramsey was going to play. Ramsey never said publicly he was going to play or whatever.

Regardless, I am still kinda meh about the deal we got. He was the first all pro we have drafted in 13 years according to that article posted, that is saying something. Nothing guaranteed about draft picks. I just wish we got an actual star player back in return. I knew that was highly unlikely midseason, but waiting till the offseason might of really put a hit to his value. With that, the Jags FO did have pretty crap leverage, not much they could of done. He wasn't playing here at the end of the day, and a deal needed to be made. If Minshew continues to prove he is the guy use those picks to build this damn offensive line the right way. If not... hey... we got ammo for Trevor Lawrence 2021 baby... Best QB prospect since Luck so they say.

(10-16-2019, 06:51 PM)Brett Wrote: He looks to be moving pretty well, especially since he mentions "picking up his bags" from the airport. He's healed!

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1184577552364396544
He wasn't listed on the injury report for back issues. The Jags should now sue to recover the money from him.

Someone should leak his medical reports now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk