Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kaepernick workout

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 07:15 PM by JagFan81.)

We are one of 11 teams attending. So far it is

Jags, Arizona, Atlanta, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Miami, New England, NY Giants, NY Jets, Buccs, Washington. 

Now Marrone was asked and said this

''I don’t know anything about it," Marrone said. "I have no idea, that’s scouting. You have to ask someone else to speak on that or ask me and then I can go ask them if I can say it. Really, I don’t even know”

With Foles, Minshew and Dobbs, I dont know how high QB is on our need list.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2019, 07:41 PM by mal234.)

I had saw that some of the local reporters on Twitters were reporting this. I feel like the Jags QB situation is solid and better than several NFL teams situations currently are. I wonder if they just sent someone to the workout to make the organization look open minded/good. I think it could be telling that Doug doesn't anything about the organization sending someone to the workout.

(11-15-2019, 07:37 PM)mal234 Wrote: I had saw that some of the local reporters on Twitters were reporting this. I feel like the Jags QB situation is good and better than several NFL teams situations currently are. I wonder if they just sent someone to the workout to make the organization look open minded/good. I think it could be telling that Doug doesn't anything about the organization sending someone to the workout.

The whole workout is quite bizarre. NFL set up the workout, send a memo to every team.

I agree that it may be a PR move to an extent. Just doesn't seem the need position it was

(11-15-2019, 07:37 PM)mal234 Wrote: I had saw that some of the local reporters on Twitters were reporting this. I feel like the Jags QB situation is solid and better than several NFL teams situations currently are. I wonder if they just sent someone to the workout to make the organization look open minded/good. I think it could be telling that Doug doesn't anything about the organization sending someone to the workout.

The scouting department doesn't notify Doug every time they engage in due diligence or he'd get 6 memos a week that he doesn't give a [BLEEP] about. 

It's not telling at all.

(11-15-2019, 07:14 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: We are one of 11 teams attending. So far it is

Jags, Arizona, Atlanta, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Miami, New England, NY Giants, NY Jets, Buccs, Washington. 

Now Marrone was asked and said this

''I don’t know anything about it," Marrone said. "I have no idea, that’s scouting. You have to ask someone else to speak on that or ask me and then I can go ask them if I can say it. Really, I don’t even know”

With Foles, Minshew and Dobbs, I dont know how high QB is on our need list.

Due diligence I guess. I can't get past the fact that the guy was benched for Blaine Gabbert.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Glad to see him get a chance. To think that it would be more acceptable to some to watch Jamais Winston, Antonio Brown, Ray Lewis, etc..

I say sign him and play him as a RB.

Ok Can he play TE?

Can he play RG

I doubt Jacksonville's a real player in this.

I DO wonder which teams will be serious about signing him though. You gotta believe there are teams out there still needing a QB that don't mind starting a competition midway through the season

Seems like a political move. No logical reason to attend, considering our current QB situation. Jags must be wanting brownie points with a certain segment of society.

(11-15-2019, 07:37 PM)mal234 Wrote: I had saw that some of the local reporters on Twitters were reporting this. I feel like the Jags QB situation is solid and better than several NFL teams situations currently are. I wonder if they just sent someone to the workout to make the organization look open minded/good. I think it could be telling that Doug doesn't anything about the organization sending someone to the workout.

All NFL teams were notified to show interest regardless of their strength(s) at the position. This mandate from the NFL is cosmetic due to Cap being "Black Balled" by the NFL.

If there's an team that's thirsty at the position, Cap has an small chance to be signed. He's been out of football for what, four years? He will not contribute immediately no matter whom may sign him.

He got the chance. That's all he/we asked for. Thanks J.Z.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

In this article from NFL.com there is no mention of the Jags as one of the eleven.. I see no source that states the Jags are attending. Me thinks there is some pot stirring going on around here. Ninja

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ck-workout
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Inquiring minds want to know: why isn't anyone clamoring for the return of an unfairly exiled Johnny Manziel, Tim Tebow or Vince Young?

(11-15-2019, 11:09 PM)nate Wrote: Glad to see him get a chance.  To think that it would be more acceptable to some to watch Jamais Winston, Antonio Brown, Ray Lewis, etc..

Don't you realize punching women is so much more acceptable than protesting injustice?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

What if he files another grievance when no one hires him?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 11-16-2019, 05:51 PM by Caldrac.)

Whether true or not. Good to see the scouting department at least doing it's job. This entire Odyssey of him though feels like a giant fart trapped inside an ancient leather football helmet. Just want it to go away already. But yet it must persist to linger on.

My knock on him coming back into the NFL though stands. This is like a stray dog that went out for a nice, long adventure and now that he can't find anymore shelter to stay warm or a bowl to eat from he's returned home.

It's embarrassing if you ask me. Don't disembark from your cause for social justice after all of this slander and victimization you've claimed to feel from the NFL now. It's just an embarrassment. You made your bed. You made your choice. Live with it. Practice what you preach.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

It's all just a media stunt.

I wonder how many of the 25 teams "confirmed" to attend are sending scouting interns?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(11-16-2019, 02:30 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(11-15-2019, 11:09 PM)nate Wrote: Glad to see him get a chance.  To think that it would be more acceptable to some to watch Jamais Winston, Antonio Brown, Ray Lewis, etc..

Don't you realize punching women is so much more acceptable than protesting injustice?

Talent is more important than morals in this sport unfortunately. Ultimately he hurt the NFL's bottom line and riled up the majority of the NFL's fan base in favor of protesting for the minority. It was admirable at that time and could still be. 

Although sporting socks with pigs as cops and wearing a shirt sporting Fidel Castro (Also stated something like "great minds think a like") with Malcolm X on it in Miami didn't really help his cause further. Not a good business move or decision there. Most Cubans will tell you how awesome it was living in Castro's Cuba. . . 

At any rate. After the lawsuit. The settlement. The NIKE endorsement for being a non relevant athlete at that time and mostly just being a talking head with a political mouth piece up until recently. . . This is a really, really head scratching move in my opinion. And it should be heavily criticized and looked at by both parties. Those who favor him. And those who don't.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(11-16-2019, 10:53 AM)Jagwired Wrote: In this article from NFL.com there is no mention of the Jags as one of the eleven.. I see no source that states the Jags are attending. Me thinks there is some pot stirring going on around here. Ninja

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...ck-workout

The Jags' attendance was confirmed shortly after that article was published.